TM30 Experience

CMBob

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:53 AM, Johnice said:

I went last week for my 90 day and when I presented my TM47, I handed my newly acquired TM30 and the officer chucked it back at me and said that it was only necessary when I do my new Retirement Extension in Jan. So we'll see on that one LMFAO!

The problems I went through to get the TM30 was excruciating. My landlord is a Policeman(the whole family are from the father who is a retired colonel to the sisters and brothers) He refused at first to do it, but after my GF explained it to him he agreed. 3 days of back and forth to Airport IMM i finally got it, no leniency with the 1600THB fine though.

This site can be so confusing at times, if you read the previous 15 pages in this thread there must be scores of different opinions and experiences. Could it be possible for one of the Admins to put this thread in prospective as to what is and isn't fact.

I wish that IMM would replace the officer who does the 90day reports, damn she can be impossibly rude at times.

Why do you say "I finally got it"? It's nothing to do with you. I hope he paid the fine and not you.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:09 PM, LaPeste said:

I have to confess to being baffled by this whole TM30 & TM28 thing and what I need to be doing in order to comply with current demands. Apologies if this has already been discussed at length. We arrived from the UK on tourist visas a week ago and will be returning to the UK in mid-February 2017, therefore planning to extend our permissions to stay in mid January. We last visited Thailand in Jan/Feb 2016, again with tourist visas but for a shorter stay and therefore no need for extensions. We are staying in a serviced apartment this time, but not the same one that we stayed in earlier this year. Do I need to make sure that the owners/managers of both places filed TM30s for us? Do we need to go to Airport Immigration to file TM28s asap to avoid any problems with our extensions at Promenada in the New Year, and expect to pay fines for not having reported within 24 hours of arriving? Will we even be able to file TM28s if TM30s have not been filed for us? Does the fact that we have been living and working in the UK throughout the intervening 8 or 9 months make any difference at all? Any guidance is hugely appreciated!

It certainly wouldn't hurt to remind them to do the TM30.

I went to do a TM28,  but it caused all sorts of confusion as the I O had no idea as to what a TM 28 is.

Never did it, but no problem with 90 day report because of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Been this morning in Chaeng Wattana in BKK to do the TM30 as we arrived back from Japan on Saturday. No 1600B donation required as in CNX. The friendly lady actually thought I came there for an address change (TM28, which I intended anyway, no more dealing with CNX immi for me) and the TM30 was just a side task. Both done, I asked if I need to come again for the TM30 if traveling and she said no.

Loads of bureaucrazy timewasting, hopefully this will soon be over and changed to a more efficient  and working system.

I made this post in the TM 30 Airpot or Promanada 

"Always had problems with this TM 30 business.

I live in a Condo so after reading about the Potential Fines I approached the Management.

Nice lady who I have good relations with and her answer was Words to effect of 'Crazy Frang' never heard of it.

At my next 90 day I spoke to Rhys at Assist Thai Visa and he gave me The Official write up in Thai.

I gave this to the manger who read and decided problem for her assistant.

This was about a month ago.

On visiting Condo Office this morning my lady smiles and gives me the Receipt Of Notification below.

In reality I am not wiser as I and She both know that I own my Condo and I have a Blue Book.

I thought that I would be looking at a Fine come my annual renewal of my Type 'O' Retirement visa.

john

Just have to wait and see."

• 2 weeks later...

I got this mail back from immigration after trying to register for the online access:

เรียน ท่านเจ้าบ้าน
กรณีเป็นบ้านพักอาศัยหรือคอนโด แนะนำให้ท่านแจ้งทางไปรษณีย์  เมื่อทาง กก.2 บก.ตม.1 ได้รับเอกสารการแจ้งที่พักอาศัย ตามแบบ ตม.30 ของท่านแล้ว  เจ้าหน้าที่จะรับแจ้ง แล้วส่งใบรับแจ้ง(ส่วนล่างของแบบฟอร์ม) กลับไปยังท่านเพื่อเก็บไว้เป็นหลักฐาน ส่วนการแจ้งทางอินเตอร์เน็ตจะไม่มีเอกสารการรับแจ้งคะ ( การแจ้งฯทางอินเตอร์เน็ตเหมาะกับสถานประกอบการที่มีผู้เข้าพักจำนวนมาก และเข้าพักใหม่ทุกวัน เช่นโรงแรม  เกสเฮ้าส์  อพาร์ทเม้นท์ที่ให้พักรายวัน)
ทาง กก.2 บก.ตม.1 จึงขอยกเลิกรายการที่ท่านลงทะเบียนแจ้งทางอินเตอร์เน็ตไว้คะ
สอบถามเพิ่มเติมที่  [email protected]  หรือ 0811715741 เวลาราชการคะ
ขอบคุณคะ
ด.ต.หญิงดลนภา  พิณสาร
กก.2 บก.ตม.1

Basically saying they only give access to the online filing to hotels and guest houses with large customer throughput. But it is possible to file by mail. That's of course for Bangkok and no 1600B required. See attached for details.

เอกสารประชาสัมพันธ์ พ.ร.บ.มาตรา 38.doc

Filed TM30 for new tenants at Prom top floor. Quite busy after the hols,4 ticket numbers in front, but still only 20 minutes. 

G/floor looked like a place not to be today!

Investors in G4T will be smiling, packed out. Don't expect to see any online facilities back any time soon.

On 04/01/2017 at 3:56 PM, Thailand said:

Filed TM30 for new tenants at Prom top floor. Quite busy after the hols,4 ticket numbers in front, but still only 20 minutes. 

Investors in G4T will be smiling, packed out. Don't expect to see any online facilities back any time soon.

Hi,

Wife and I are here with Non O Retirement Visa - have been for several years.

I need a Residence Cert as I am going for a driving license.

For the first time ever having read through the Forums etc I think I will use GT4.

We have always stayed at the same address every year for past 5 years at least - but I have no idea if they have ever registered us with a TM30 - about to find that out.

I have been informed at Promenada 2ng Fllor that I will need a Letter from the Owner confirming that is where we are staying for the Res Cert application.

Assuming a TM30 exists looks like all should go through OK - if not have to ask Owner to do what is necessary.

For Retirement renewal we have always used only a Letter from the owner stating very simply that is where we are staying - it has always worked so far without a glitch.

MY QUERY IS :- If I get a TM30 from the Owner - and so a Res Cert - can I use the TM30  in lieu of the Owner Letter when I go for my Retirement renewal?

This would save going to Owner for yet another 'Letter' as I have been told they expire after 7 days??

Seems to me the TM30 is a much more 'Official' confirmation of Residency - does that have an expiry date??

Any pointers on this gratefully accepted.

Best Rgds.

On 04/01/2017 at 3:56 PM, Thailand said:

The Plot appears to be thickening.

My guest house say that they just submit a list of new arrivals each day to Immigration.

No mention of a TM30.

Looks like I may have to get my TM30 the hard way - can anyone advise?? - do I go out to Promenada to set the ball rolling - is it the 9am to 11am for an appointment as with Cert res or is it just roll up?

Can G4T 'smooth' this through??

Rgds

2 hours ago, factseeker said:

E/S thinks so, take the time and see them,lay your cards on the table,you are under no obligation whats so ever

have started a  thread on G4T on this forum, take a bow peep,may help, very best of luck

its a  Coldplay evening to all

3 hours ago, factseeker said:

The Plot appears to be thickening.

My guest house say that they just submit a list of new arrivals each day to Immigration.

No mention of a TM30.

Looks like I may have to get my TM30 the hard way - can anyone advise?? - do I go out to Promenada to set the ball rolling - is it the 9am to 11am for an appointment as with Cert res or is it just roll up?

Rgds

That "list of new arrivals" is the second page of a TM30 form.  Just have them put your info on the form each time you return to your guesthouse when you've stayed overnight someplace else that may have submitted a TM30 for you or when you return from overseas.

9 hours ago, factseeker said:

Hi,

Wife and I are here with Non O Retirement Visa - have been for several years.

I need a Residence Cert as I am going for a driving license.

For the first time ever having read through the Forums etc I think I will use GT4.

We have always stayed at the same address every year for past 5 years at least - but I have no idea if they have ever registered us with a TM30 - about to find that out.

I have been informed at Promenada 2ng Fllor that I will need a Letter from the Owner confirming that is where we are staying for the Res Cert application.

Assuming a TM30 exists looks like all should go through OK - if not have to ask Owner to do what is necessary.

For Retirement renewal we have always used only a Letter from the owner stating very simply that is where we are staying - it has always worked so far without a glitch.

MY QUERY IS :- If I get a TM30 from the Owner - and so a Res Cert - can I use the TM30  in lieu of the Owner Letter when I go for my Retirement renewal?

This would save going to Owner for yet another 'Letter' as I have been told they expire after 7 days??

Seems to me the TM30 is a much more 'Official' confirmation of Residency - does that have an expiry date??

Any pointers on this gratefully accepted.

Best Rgds.

It's my understanding that if you've had a history of doing back-to-back retirement extensions from the same address, Imm. Prom. isn't being picky about asking for a TM30.  However, you may find that you need one to get a Cert. of Residency, esp. if you go to G4T and they'll have a golden opportunity to tell you how you're out of compliance with your TM30s and you'll run around getting the owner of your place to fill out a TM30 and probably pay the 1600 baht fine for a late TM30 -- plus the fee to G4T.

If you're an American, you can simply go to the U.S. Consulate and get a Cert. of Residency for your driving license.  Sure, it's $50, but you'll get a proper receipt and you won't be feeding the (adjective self-censored) machine at Promenada.

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

E/S thinks so, take the time and see them,lay your cards on the table,you are under no obligation whats so ever

have started a  thread on G4T on this forum, take a bow peep,may help, very best of luck

its a  Coldplay evening to all

Done some more research - on downloading the tm30 form from the CM Immi site I notice that it comes down in 2 pages.

The first page upper section  is the part where the House Master  infills details of the Alien with a  lower section at the bottom from Immi confirming as a 'Receipt'.

But the second page of the tm30 download is exactly what they have at Reception here and say they send off each day.

So I reckon maybe all is well - rather than fill in many forms they just do a 'job lot' via page 2 of the tm30.

So no Immi Receipts per Alien but Immi will have me on their list??

Hopefully.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

It's my understanding that if you've had a history of doing back-to-back retirement extensions from the same address, Imm. Prom. isn't being picky about asking for a TM30.  However, you may find that you need one to get a Cert. of Residency, esp. if you go to G4T and they'll have a golden opportunity to tell you how you're out of compliance with your TM30s and you'll run around getting the owner of your place to fill out a TM30 and probably pay the 1600 baht fine for a late TM30 -- plus the fee to G4T.

If you're an American, you can simply go to the U.S. Consulate and get a Cert. of Residency for your driving license.  Sure, it's $50, but you'll get a proper receipt and you won't be feeding the (adjective self-censored) machine at Promenada.

Hi Nancy,

You helped me out with advice  in getting our first Retirement Non Im O some time ago when I first arrived - my thnxs.

Possibly I am going around in circles now - because I now think my Guest House has probably correctly reported our arrival etc.

So is it me who has to get the tm30 receipt in order to then get a Cert. of Residency - or will that be produced and given to me by Immi when I apply for the Cert Res -  providing that I have in fact been registered on arrival by my Guest House and they find me on their lists?

Grateful for comment.

Best Rgds.

4 minutes ago, factseeker said:

Done some more research - on downloading the tm30 form from the CM Immi site I notice that it comes down in 2 pages.

The first page upper section  is the part where the House Master  infills details of the Alien with a  lower section at the bottom from Immi confirming as a 'Receipt'.

But the second page of the tm30 download is exactly what they have at Reception here and say they send off each day.

So I reckon maybe all is well - rather than fill in many forms they just do a 'job lot' via page 2 of the tm30.

Hopefully.

Yes, but if you go to G4T, I think you may find that your TM30 hasn't been "updated" since your last return to Thailand and they can conveniently take care of this for you, or rather your guesthouse.  As I said, simply ask your guesthouse add your name to the list they submit to Imm each day when you return from overseas.

Go to the U.S. consulate for your Cert. of Res.  Mark my words, if you go to G4T, you'll find you have to pay 1600 baht fine for a "past due" TM30 before you can get your Cert of Res.  This on top of their 500 baht fee (ie. opps, I'm again self-censoring what that 500 baht fee really is),  Plus, you'll have to make two trips to Promenada.  If you make an appointment with the U.S. Consulate you'll get a clean, honest $50 Cert. of Res. on the spot.  Don't feed the machine at  Imm. Promenada.  

If you're an Aussie you can get a Cert of Res. during their next CM outreach visit on February 3  at Le Meridien  http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Consular_Outreach_Visits.html

2 minutes ago, factseeker said:

Hi Nancy,

You helped me out with advice  in getting our first Retirement Non Im O some time ago when I first arrived - my thnxs.

Possibly I am going around in circles now - because I now think my Guest House has probably correctly reported our arrival etc.

So is it me who has to get the tm30 receipt in order to then get a Cert. of Residency - or will that be produced and given to me by Immi when I apply for the Cert Res -  providing that I have in fact been registered on arrival by my Guest House and they find me on their lists?

Grateful for comment.

Best Rgds.

Sorry, I didn't see this post when I posted the previous post.  You can go to CM Immigration and ask them to check if your TM 30 is up-to-date.  2nd floor Promenada.  Go around 8:30 in the morning.  Don't go to G4T.  

Better yet, ask your guesthouse if they've been submitting your name with their daily list each time you return from being overseas?  

As I said, if you're  American or Australian, I really think it's worth it to support the Consular services of those governments -- they do so much for their local nationals in need -- that I really think it's a good idea to simply go to the Consulate to get your Cert of Residency.  It's very quick and easy.

Actually Nancy (And I think you have provided a lot of good advice in the past)  your current crusade pushing either the US consulate or the Aussie one is a bit over the top when trying to get a CoR.

If you have done all the BS Chiang Mai immigration stuff in relation to TM30, then there should be no hesitation in using G4S to get the CoR. It is a he'll of a lot cheaper than your options.

I for one, if I knew I'd jumped thru all the hoops re the notification of stay (TM30) would not listen to G4S if they were to try and pull a fast one. I'm sure that G4S would soon back down if they know you're not gullible.

500 baht for their service is a hell of a lot less than the US consulate US $50 charge.

One can stand on their high ground all they want re morals on how a system should work....but this ain't the West. When in Rome...

8 hours ago, factseeker said:

Hopefully.

You can actually diy with a TM30 proxy form great info here http://perfecthomes.co.th/tm030-registration-thailand/

But I would try to get a copy of the receipt of notification from the guesthouse otherwise a 1600 baht fine may be the result.

When that is resolved I think the desk for the residency certificate is top right of the office second floor,( same officeas TM30 submission,first desk on the left)  you can pay an agency to do it for you or diy,free I believe, you may have to go back later to collect it.

12 hours ago, NancyL said:

It's my understanding that if you've had a history of doing back-to-back retirement extensions from the same address, Imm. Prom. isn't being picky about asking for a TM30. 

<snip for brevity>

That wasn't my own experience, when I extended (with a decade of history at one address) back in October, I was firmly directed at Promenada to go for a TM30 at (then) the airport-immigration office with a B1600-fine, has it changed/relaxed since then ?

Does anyone else have any more-recent experience, either way ?

Not being a doubting-Thomas, just wondering what the situation now is.Maybe depends on who you see at Promenada ?

9 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

Actually Nancy (And I think you have provided a lot of good advice in the past)  your current crusade pushing either the US consulate or the Aussie one is a bit over the top when trying to get a CoR.

If you have done all the BS Chiang Mai immigration stuff in relation to TM30, then there should be no hesitation in using G4S to get the CoR. It is a he'll of a lot cheaper than your options.

I for one, if I knew I'd jumped thru all the hoops re the notification of stay (TM30) would not listen to G4S if they were to try and pull a fast one. I'm sure that G4S would soon back down if they know you're not gullible.

500 baht for their service is a hell of a lot less than the US consulate US $50 charge.

One can stand on their high ground all they want re morals on how a system should work....but this ain't the West. When in Rome...

Problem is that right now, the on-line system for reporting TM30s is down, so the guesthouse isn't getting a receipt when they send in their form notifying of the new arrival of guests and return of current residents.  Our condo did on-line reporting and they used to give us a "print-screen" of their input to use as evidence (or a receipt) in our passports.  No such document exists for "factseeker" and it's my concern that if they go into G4T they'll be told that they need to do a TM30 and pay a 1600 baht fine (even if they don't have to).  In the long run, it will be cheaper, quicker and more honorable to get a Cert of Residency from a Consulate.  He doesn't need to have an up-to-date TM30 to get a Cert. of Res. from them nor to get a Driver's License.

24 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

That wasn't my own experience, when I extended (with a decade of history at one address) back in October, I was firmly directed at Promenada to go for a TM30 at (then) the airport-immigration office with a B1600-fine, has it changed/relaxed since then ?

Does anyone else have any more-recent experience, either way ?

Not being a doubting-Thomas, just wondering what the situation now is.Maybe depends on who you see at Promenada ?

Yes, the wind seems to blow in different directions.  Recent reports are that they aren't examining for up-to-date TM30s when doing retirement extensions at Prom. for people who have a history of back-to-back extensions from the same address.   That could change at any moment, of course.

I find it amazing that so many of the regulars are not up with the recent TM30 issues
Maybe it those coming from below the Equator that everything is upside down

Maybe read my post on the recent TM30 changes

You will not have to complain

As as most of us who actually read post will know what is going on

For our future trips to Immigration

Plus a top of the morning to you all

One can stand on their high ground all they want re morals on how a system should work....but this ain't the West. When in Rome.

Actually, paying extra for expedited service exists in the West too. Example: Renewing your US passport for $110 has an advertised turnaround time of "4-6 weeks." But, pay 55% more ($60), and you get "expedited" service, which says they'll get to your application within 8 business days of receipt, and will have a turnaround time of "3-4 weeks." Wow -- 3-4 weeks! <deleted>' lazy civil servants will do the job faster if you pay them more. Kinda smacks of the handshake deal G4T and Immigration have....

Don't feed the machine at  Imm. Promenada.  

....unless you want expedited service.

That's way off comparing a Thai visa "agent" to that. Expedite fees go into a general account. US Officials get a salary. If get caught with hands in the till and they would be in serious trouble, termination, finns, Federal Prison time.

Went to Prom for TM30 update today. 30 minutes in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanism is certainly different, but the end result -- expedited service -- is the same. In both cases, however, it's reasonable to expect that the "expeditied" service should be the norm -- without any additional grease added.

Not long ago it was a widely held opinion here that all visa agents were paying immigration for queue privileges. Now those agents are the good guys and G4T is the bad one.

But there has never been a verifiable fact that any agent has broken any bribery law, has there? Where is the proof of it?

This forum has a lot of people who are very sure their view is fact when they are simply guessing and often wrong.

3 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

I find it amazing that so many of the regulars are not up with the recent TM30 issues
Maybe it those coming from below the Equator that everything is upside down

Maybe read my post on the recent TM30 changes

You will not have to complain

As as most of us who actually read post will know what is going on

For our future trips to Immigration

Plus a top of the morning to you all

Hi,

Lots of useful comment here.

Frankly speaking I had no idea a Form called tm30 existed until I decided to go for a Driving License.

Had a Retirement Visa  past 4 years - always renewed on time - no problems.

No idea if that means I have been suitably tm30 or not these past years.

Thought I was all very correct - 'ignorance is bliss' I suppose - until one day ..................

Rgds

3 hours ago, JimGant said:

Actually, paying extra for expedited service exists in the West too. Example: Renewing your US passport for $110 has an advertised turnaround time of "4-6 weeks." But, pay 55% more ($60), and you get "expedited" service, which says they'll get to your application within 8 business days of receipt, and will have a turnaround time of "3-4 weeks." Wow -- 3-4 weeks! <deleted>' lazy civil servants will do the job faster if you pay them more. Kinda smacks of the handshake deal G4T and Immigration have....

....unless you want expedited service.

Actually, when you apply for a new passport here in Chiang Mai, you usually receive an email to go pick it up in two weeks or less.  No extra charge for "expedited service".  The charges you quote are for application in the U.S. and, I believe include courier charges.  These are published charges, for which a receipt is issued.  Not the same thing as G4T, working out of an unmarked office which is shut down every time there's some official scrutiny with on-site visits from Bangkok about alleged problems with poor service at CM Immigration driving customers to using visa agents.

15 hours ago, NancyL said:

Sorry, I didn't see this post when I posted the previous post.  You can go to CM Immigration and ask them to check if your TM 30 is up-to-date.  2nd floor Promenada.  Go around 8:30 in the morning.  Don't go to G4T.  

Better yet, ask your guesthouse if they've been submitting your name with their daily list each time you return from being overseas?  

As I said, if you're  American or Australian, I really think it's worth it to support the Consular services of those governments -- they do so much for their local nationals in need -- that I really think it's a good idea to simply go to the Consulate to get your Cert of Residency.  It's very quick and easy.

Thnxs for advice - I see the gist of things.

Best Rgds.

2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Not long ago it was a widely held opinion here that all visa agents were paying immigration for queue privileges. Now those agents are the good guys and G4T is the bad one.

But there has never been a verifiable fact that any agent has broken any bribery law, has there? Where is the proof of it?

This forum has a lot of people who are very sure their view is fact when they are simply guessing and often wrong.

There is a lot of info out there but anyone posting it could be in trouble as even the truth can be deemed defamation in Thailand plus pissing off those that have your fate in their hands is not the way to go.

Archived