TM30 Experience

CMBob

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

Your building can report online for you.  Mine does a "print screen" as evidence they've input the report.

a disturbance in the 'force' I have a friend who's condo insists on a 3,000 baht fee for undertaking reporting on-line for her tenant

C of R are available from IMM PROM, you have to go and make an appointment, the process takes around 3 weeks ish

Along with around 3 visits

This is free from IMM Prom

I think you can pay 500B and receive the next day through G4T

I would suggest you go to IMM AIRPORT building 3 to report yourself

Then explain the issue to them, you should have the name of the Condo management guy

If you are renting the Condo, they are responsible and should pay the 1600B fine

If you are the owner, then you as the 'HOUSEMASTER' should do the reporting each time you arrive from an overseas trip

The TM30 2 page form needs to be completed and filed

28 minutes ago, HullyGully said:

C of R are available from IMM PROM, you have to go and make an appointment, the process takes around 3 weeks ish

Along with around 3 visits

This is free from IMM Prom

I think you can pay 500B and receive the next day through G4T

Thanks, I know of the overnight 500 Baht service, however reports are trickling that as of right now, they are making foreigners go to their consulate again nation-wide......but again,not being uniformly applied much like the TM30 fiasco......this happened to me a few years back when buying my scooter...1500 Baht at consulate or thereabouts vs overnight 500 Baht C of R from next door to immi at Promenada...I think I'll just have to drop in next week to get the latest scoop....

Extended my OA Retirement multiple entry (and did my 90 day) yesterday.  TM30 never mentiioned.  Also was not required to fill out the new foreigner personal details form.  Have never filled one out before and the sign in the middle of the counter inidcated it is required with all new visa applications. I wondered if it was not required because it was an extension rather than a new visa appplication.

I supposd these is an odd chance that the condo management unbeknownst to me completed a TM30.

Also when getting photograped for visa I had to hold up my passport, application and number card, and on the multiple entry photo just the number card.  I cannot really recall having to do this before....maybe did but pretty sure did not.

Have often been told that I am  "hansum"...now I have official confirmation from Immigration that I am a "good guy".

Edited by mamborobert

So is there a consensus of opinion yet?

My wife has a couple renting a condo.

She went to get them registered with a TM30 in their passport for that address a while ago.

She was told that no action was needed in future after internal travel.

They've just been to BKK a couple of days.

The question is....if they were registered by a hotel....do they have to go to immigration and re-file, even if it's just getting their TM30 inspected/entered/stamped/whatever?

i.e. When the immigration officer said no action needed for internal travel was he forgetting the scenario if they were registered by a hotel?

Are we closer to an answer yet, as this will happen repeatedly for countless people throughout the country (we happen to be in CM).

I asked the senior official at Building 3, Airport Immigration about this again yesterday. He confirmed (in Thai) returning from overseas - need to register; returning from a stay outside Changwat Chiang Mai - no need to register (actually "mai pen rai").

This may well be on this forum somewhere but I cannot find it. If it is there please just point me in the correct direction without ant unnecessary comments.

Is there a link to a version/précis/someone’s interpretation, if any, of the TM30 law/rules in Thai that I can use to convince ‘she who must be obeyed’, or who else matters what the TM30 is all about and what needs to be done by the landlord/house owner/possessor etc.

Constructive comments and directions will be appreciated by more than just myself.

Edited by scottiejohn

Below is from a post made in February

Hopefully this is what you need

Would be fun to take the same wives to Capt Passorn in the Airport branch..

Whose currently saying explicitly and firmly something totally different..

Sections 3 and 4 stating 24 hours and inter provincial travel as printed in the law, which she gave me (to give to the landlord).. I posted this before.

post-9246-0-29752200-1456447882_thumb.jp

post-9246-0-03037600-1456447894_thumb.jp

post-9246-0-39458900-1456447901_thumb.jp

Having returned from Taiwan yesterday after a short trip, I trucked out to Building 3 (back building at old Immigration Office) with my passport only and, after about 10 minutes (like last time, after the officer used a computer and entered some presumably new data) they returned my passport with a new stamp (only today's date and no circular red stamp) on the TM30 Receipt of Notification.  This (presuming I can actually attach a photo) is what it looks like (and the red stuff is where I crossed out my printed name):

I'd also note:

(a)  Had a nice discussion with one of the people there about when one has to "re-register", telling them that some officers say it's required only when re-entering the country whereas one or more officers are saying you're required to do it if you're gone more than 24 hours or stay overnight in a hotel which files a TM30 for you.  The officer acknowledged that different officers are giving different stories.  When I pressed the officer as to when do I have to do it, I was basically told (a) upon re-entering the country, MUST DO IT, and (b) if you go somewhere else for more than 24 hours and a hotel or other entity files a new TM30 for you, then it's "up to you!"  No kidding, that's what I was told.

(b)  Sorry, MadMac, the place was pretty busy and I felt uncomfortable taking a photo inside (plus some of them might have been armed); however, I can renew my suggestion that you visit the optician's office as, while standing next to the front lady's desk (who may have no computer access), I could see and count 12 computer screens!

TM30Receipt.jpg

Hi all. Thought I would add this bit of TM30 trivia.

If you don't have one of the "Receipt of Notification" slips in your passport but are living in a place where they have been doing the online notifications for you such as what my condo does for me, you might want to check out G4T (and possibly other visa agents) to get up to date.

This week I had to do my yearly extension and get a multiple re-entry stamp. While doing that, I asked the agent about what it would take to get the "Receipt of Notification" and what  it would cost. He told me to bring a screenshot of the most recent online notice that the condo had done and my passport. I showed up the next day wth the documents. They made copies of the passport pages and the screenshot, I signed them, and paid 300 baht. They told me to come back in about an hour and a half. When I got back, they had the receipt, ready to be stapled into the passport. 

Being in compliance turned out to be easier and much cheaper than I had anticipated but now it done and dusted and my British friends would say.

David

they returned my passport with a new stamp (only today's date and no circular red stamp) on the TM30 Receipt of Notification

That's smart -- without a new red ball stamp every time, that TM30 receipt should hold another 10 new entry dates.

Presumably they didn't want a copy of the TM6 -- but just took the information from it and entered it into their data base..........(?).

4 minutes ago, JimGant said:

That's smart -- without a new red ball stamp every time, that TM30 receipt should hold another 10 new entry dates.

Presumably they didn't want a copy of the TM6 -- but just took the information from it and entered it into their data base..........(?).

They didn't want to see anything except my passport (after they confirmed....by simply asking me...that I was returning to the same address). I couldn't see what the lady typed into their computer system but I would assume what she altered/added was my new entry date, the new departure card number, and probably today's date (matching the date they stamped on the Receipt).  They told me before that, as long as I'm returning to the same address, all they want me to bring is my passport. 

If/when they fill up the Receipt with date stamps and/or the red circular stamps, I'd guess they would just print out a new Receipt form and toss the old one. 

• Like 1

I am retired in Chiang Mai, but worked at an international school in Thailand for 12 years. The farang staff would return after the Christmas holidays and an office worker would retrieve every foreigners' passport, take it to immigration and get the TM30 done. The next year they wouldn't. The next year they would. The year after, I would ask, “Need my passport?” The school staff would say “maybe.” It was off again on again. Our landlord lived in Europe. I'm sure the whole thing was fudged on her behalf.

This was back in the day when you could get a ten year driver's license for an extra 200 baht.

It seems like everyone is getting an update quickly, but come on, for those who live slightly outside of town, this is a 2-hour affair.

I have to confess to being baffled by this whole TM30 & TM28 thing and what I need to be doing in order to comply with current demands. Apologies if this has already been discussed at length. We arrived from the UK on tourist visas a week ago and will be returning to the UK in mid-February 2017, therefore planning to extend our permissions to stay in mid January. We last visited Thailand in Jan/Feb 2016, again with tourist visas but for a shorter stay and therefore no need for extensions. We are staying in a serviced apartment this time, but not the same one that we stayed in earlier this year. Do I need to make sure that the owners/managers of both places filed TM30s for us? Do we need to go to Airport Immigration to file TM28s asap to avoid any problems with our extensions at Promenada in the New Year, and expect to pay fines for not having reported within 24 hours of arriving? Will we even be able to file TM28s if TM30s have not been filed for us? Does the fact that we have been living and working in the UK throughout the intervening 8 or 9 months make any difference at all? Any guidance is hugely appreciated!

If  you're staying in a serviced apartment, they should be set up to file the TM30 on your behalf.  Ask if they did. No one seems to care about the TM28s, esp. for tourists, but if it makes you feel better you can go to the Immigration office near the airport and file one.  That office can check if your serviced apartment filed a TM30 and give you a receipt.  Our condo is set up to file TM30s on-line, like a hotel or serviced apartment, and they provide a "print screen" of their filing as a receipt, since there's no receipt generated when filing on-line, apparently.

• Like 1

Took landlady to Immigration hut 3 at old immigration to get First TM30 ever this morning.  Been in CM since October and many previous visits.  Handed over all the correct docs.  10 minutes later one TM30 receipt and no fine.  She queried this and was told 'no fines today' .  The same happened to a US citizen I spoke to outside who was in a similar situation.

Just an observation on my experience today.

Good for you but no fines "today" on what authority? Arbitrary and capricious.

Perhaps finning is not appropriate at all in Chiang Mai like everywhere else?? A bit more than pocket change has been piling up there.

May I go back now with the Official receipt of my offense and have 1600 baht returned?

:angry:

Good for you but no fines "today" on what authority? Arbitrary and capricious.
Perhaps finning is not appropriate at all in Chiang Mai like everywhere else?? A bit more than pocket change has been piling up there.
May I go back now with the Official receipt of my offense and have 1600 baht returned?
:angry:

Of course, they will pay you interest too but you have to make your claim before Dec 7.

FWIW I too found, when I went in today to report my return from a holiday in Chonburi, that they don't currently want me to re-report after any domestic-trip, but only after trips overseas (for which I've already just done a TM6 at the airport on-arrival).

When I expressed my surprise, at the change from what I was told two months ago, the friendly young lady on-duty said  "they change mind". :smile:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

FWIW I too found, when I went in today to report my return from a holiday in Chonburi, that they don't currently want me to re-report after any domestic-trip, but only after trips overseas (for which I've already just done a TM6 at the airport on-arrival).

When I expressed my surprise, at the change from what I was told two months ago, the friendly young lady on-duty said  "they change mind". :smile:

Give it another six months and they will probably say, TM30, not do no more!

• Like 2