PM Prayut meets Thai citizens in U.S. during ASEAN-US Summit

webfact

PM meets Thai citizens in U.S. during ASEAN-US Summit

BANGKOK, 16 February 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has met with Thai people living in the U.S. while participating in the ASEAN-US Summit in California.

Gen Prayut has had the opportunity to speak with Thai citizens who are representatives from the Association of Thai Professionals in America and Canada and others belonging to a group of creative professions. Many are working for famous companies in the United States like AT&T, Walt Disney, and Nickelodeon.

They have proposed to the Prime Minister a plan to promote national growth and competitiveness based on scientific development. They encouraged both public and private sectors to take advantage of scientists in order to achieve such growth and economic success.

The Prime Minister congratulated them for their determination to return to Thailand and help move the country forward.

More Thais working overseas have been invited to join groups that have been organized as collaborations between the public and private sectors to establish a global network of Thai professionals.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-16 footer_n.gif

"The Prime Minister congratulated them for their determination to return to Thailand and help move the country forward." blink.png

I doubt that very much Uncle Too.

They are the lucky ones who educated themselves and got out. wai2.gif

Not the type to go backward.

More hyperbole from the NNT Propaganda Machine.

"The Prime Minister congratulated them for their determination to return to Thailand and help move the country forward."

If they were truly determined, they would already be back. I know of no restrictions preventing them from returning.

"Many are working for famous companies in the United States like AT&T, Walt Disney, and Nickelodeon."

Perhaps the reason they won't return is that they were hired on their abilities and don't have to take stupid orders from some idiot boss who got his job just because his mother's uncle owns the company.

If he were to congratulate those who have already returned, he would be talking to an empty room.

Thais working overseas should thank Prayut for relieving them of the necessity of voting absentee in the elections.

I wonder if they will also loss the opportunity to vote in the draft constitution draft.

Probably just happy to be far removed from the Junta's grip on Thai people's freedoms.

I know many Thai's who live in California and Arizona. And I know of no-one who plans to go back. They have a good life here. Most are drawing both retirement from their jobs and social security. They live in nice houses, drive nice cars and eat well and their children have gotten decent educations, a lot of the children now in college. Why in the world would they want to go back? coffee1.gif

Quite a few living here on overstays and they would rather live here in LA in constant fear of deportation, than go back to Thailand. There is no future in Thailand for most of them and they know it. Really a sad situation that people want so desperately to have a future here and must live in fear.