Shipping Out Bikes

My brother and his mates have requested that I look into shipping them back half a dozen Raider 150's for them to race around their local go-kart track in the UK (not sure if they are going to get them taxed and tested etc for road use)

Is there any mininum length of time that I have to own a bike here before I can ship it to the UK?

I presume I can just hire part of a contaier or a box or pallet (i've seen a few UK based companies offering shipping services from Thailand)

Would it be cheaper to ship the bikes in parts or as complete bikes or are they going to get stung with the 10% duty plus 17.5% VAT either way?

and

Will I be able to stick my two old Honda C92's in there with them? One of my Thai friends is convinced that they bikes are classed as antiques and therefore can't be shipped out of the country (doesn't sound plausible to me but you never know)

This is old news, but it may still be pertinent.

12 years ago, my friend sent back a 750cc Suzuki to the UK. He was happy with the final results, but it was a lot of hassle.

If you own the bikes here, thne you will have to de-register them here. There is of course a fee for this.

You may be able to pay for them new and not put them into your name and then have the company ship them out to you in the UK and avoid the registration and de-registration process. It is worlth looking into.

There may be an export tax, who klnows?? YOu need to see the UK Customs information office to find out the difference in the tax between the tariff on a new bike and an imported one.

I wish you luck.