US: 90-year-old woman, her 82-year-old brother shot at bus stop

webfact

90-year-old woman, her 82-year-old brother shot at bus stop
By KASEY JONES

BALTIMORE (AP) — Two elderly siblings were shot in the leg as they waited at a bus stop on a busy Baltimore street, and frustrated police are begging community members turn in the "coward" who committed the crime.

Police spokesman T.J. Smith was visibly angry as he met with reporters near the shooting scene in southwest Baltimore. He said the two victims, a 90-year-old woman and her 82-year-old brother, were hit by shots fired from a shopping center across the street about 1 p.m. Monday.

Smith says the siblings were not the intended targets; they were hospitalized with injuries that were not life threatening.

The shooter should do "the manly thing, for once," and surrender, Smith says, adding that elderly people should be "off limits" to criminals.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-02-23

The US has gone nuts with the repeated gun incidents lately, a country with more guns than people.

with many owning more than one gun and not much to do with them, the recent shootings all over

the US has given some lunatic the wrong ideas what to do with the guns and maybe so they can

be on the news.... and I thought that Thailand was bad with it's gun crazy people.....

More guns are needed.

If there was a rack at every bus stop with loaded assault rifles in it, the elderly people could have returned fire and stopped these losers dead in their tracks.

There should be loaded military grade weapons at every lamp post, USA would be safe then !

Too many Billy the KIDS.

No, to many cowards that no longer have the guts to fight it out man to man! back in my day, if we had a beef with someone we met in the street and had at it! one of us would get his ass handed to him and after that we went our seperate ways. however now the mondern pussy just picks up,a gun, shoots and runs.

Too many Billy the KIDS.

No, to many cowards that no longer have the guts to fight it out man to man! back in my day, if we had a beef with someone we met in the street and had at it! one of us would get his ass handed to him and after that we went our seperate ways. however now the mondern pussy just picks up,a gun, shoots and runs.

Why should winning the fight always be the biggest and strongest and the best fighter? Guns level the playing field so that 100 pound weaklings dont always get sand kicked in their face.

taking away the guns from law abiding citizens is not the answer.

To even suggest that as a solution shows great ignorance.

Lol yeah, funny one !

Long live the Second Amendment, irregardless of how much blood is spilt!

If only the 2nd amendment allowed ordinary folk the right to carry miniature nuclear warheads around with them, everything would be perfect !

Edited by neverdie

The solution, as always, is more guns. If some upstanding citizens and returned fire in the general direction of the shopping center I'm sure justice could have been served on the spot. No need for the interfering government to get involved. God bless America. Trump for president.

Too many Billy the KIDS.

Why should winning the fight always be the biggest and strongest and the best fighter? Guns level the playing field so that 100 pound weaklings dont always get sand kicked in their face.

The fight does not always go to biggest or strongest.the best fighter maybe.I was 5 ft 6 inches. and 115 pounds till 16 then 125 pounds till early 40's. Only got knocked off my feet one time. I have other fighters tell me they would rather fight a bigger guy than a smaller guy.Big and strong is big and strong. Tough is tough not the same.

More guns are needed.

If there was a rack at every bus stop with loaded assault rifles in it, the elderly people could have returned fire and stopped these losers dead in their tracks.

There should be loaded military grade weapons at every lamp post, USA would be safe then !

Love ur joke. It was a joke wasn't it?

More guns are needed.

Love ur joke. It was a joke wasn't it?

Yes I'm normally being shouted down by the gun whackos when I suggest the tighten up the gun laws and act responsibly.

It's just easier to promote death and destruction with the tvf NRA group losing the plot ;)

Since most of the posters on this thread are NOT Americans, I can only suggest you refrain from ever traveling to the US to face the hazards there.

I'm going to LA and Vegas in July.

Will I be able to rent a gun when I pick up my SIM card?

Since most of the posters on this thread are NOT Americans, I can only suggest you refrain from ever traveling to the US to face the hazards there.

I'm going to LA and Vegas in July.

Will I be able to rent a gun when I pick up my SIM card?

Of course, just grab a few bucks, go to a second hand market which has absolutely no regulation, and you can end with a pretty Uzi.

Don't forget to make a stop in Texas: if someone comes to you and try to reach your hand to shake it you will be able to shoot him and tell the police officer you used the Stand Your Grounds wonderful law

I forgot to mention...

the midwest states and those on the border,

and the communist state of California,

are even more diligent and resolute,

about selling one a firearm, be it handgun or rifle or ammo.

The solution, as always, is more guns. If some upstanding citizens and returned fire in the general direction of the shopping center I'm sure justice could have been served on the spot. No need for the interfering government to get involved. God bless America. Trump for president.

There is no God America, you are on your own.

Time to see the doctor.

No comment about the interesting remarks of the police spokesman ?

"""......... shooting at old folks should be off-limits ............""

Does that mean that shooting at anyone else is within-limits for criminals ?

Edited by attento

The NRA should use this shooting in a poster campaign for the 80+ generation to be given

free hand guns and permits when you hit 80. Of course over time drop the age to 70,

then 65. You get your pension check, a gun, and carry permit on your 65th birthday. tongue.png

The US has gone nuts with the repeated gun incidents lately, a country with more guns than people.

with many owning more than one gun and not much to do with them, the recent shootings all over

the US has given some lunatic the wrong ideas what to do with the guns and maybe so they can

be on the news.... and I thought that Thailand was bad with it's gun crazy people.....

"... with many owning more than one gun ..." understates the situation. Recent attempts at getting statistics found (sorry, I don't have a link) 23,000,000 families own the 300,000,000 guns believed to be in America. That means that some families own thirty or forty guns. Or more.

Really? What terrorists attacks have been stopped or street shootings been stopped by gun toting law abiding citizens (not including law enforcement personnel)?

And your "sensible solution" to these shooting problems is?

Silence......

Silence......

Silence......

NAH, didn't think so! coffee1.gif

Lol yeah, funny one !

Long live the Second Amendment, irregardless of how much blood is spilt!

If only the 2nd amendment allowed ordinary folk the right to carry miniature nuclear warheads around with them, everything would be perfect !

You don't realize that most of the "illegal" shootings in the United States are committed by criminals that are "not legally allowed" to possess firearms?

You should understand that it is not the lawful abiding citizens that are doing all the shootings!

The Second Amendment was not written for the purpose of arming "criminals" and that is discussed by those that participated in the signing of the document that contains the Second Amendment.