Taxi driver arrested for abandoning elderly foreign tourist on Bangkok highway

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need 7 policemen in the photo for this crime?

.... And why no pointing! What happening?

No need, he has admitted what he did, so you see there is no need for any further evidence or proof (a.k.a. pointing).

Too bad they couldn't squeeze in a few more policemen into the picture (only 7) as this arrest must have been a capstone event for the police. I expect arresting say a gold shop robber would take a couple hundred police and require a wide angle lens shot from a kilometer away to get all the police into the picture.

Do we really need 7 policemen in the photo for this crime?

.... And why no pointing! What happening?

It's obvious these police officers haven't been fully trained up in the PR department ... they need to be enrolled as quickly as possible before anymore cases come in ......blink.png

only then they will know that their job includes pointing to the suspect .....

'In his defence, Mr Witoon said that he told the other taxi driver to drive Mr Reyes to a local police station so they could provide assistance and not just leave the man on the roadside.'

The question remains - why did the FIRST taxi driver ask the SECOND taxi driver to take the old Filipino chap to the police station?

Why didn't he just do it himself?

Too bad they couldn't squeeze in a few more policemen into the picture (only 7) as this arrest must have been a capstone event for the police. I expect arresting say a gold shop robber would take a couple hundred police and require a wide angle lens shot from a kilometer away to get all the police into the picture.

How many local government officials, police and soldiers to arrest 30-plus geriatrics playing bridge in Pattaya? Wasn't it 50 or more?

Talk about a sledgehammer to crack a nut. And of course, highlighting to the world the woeful ignorance of the Thai officials involved ...

Filipinos speak English, Spanish and Tagalog, So I find it hard to believe that the old man had an issue with communication, I think it was just another typical Thai taxi driver who can only speak an embarrassing version of Thailish.

Yeah, you could count on one hand the number of Bangkok taxi driver who can't speak Spanish and Tagalog.

you forgot and English!

Ive thrown a few people out of my Taxi when I was in the trade but never an old age person. It was mainly wannabee gangsters and smack heads, though I once told a young woman to get out with her son who I later found out was blind. The reason he was blind was the woman was given a good kicking when she was pregnant which resulted in her son being born blind, and after spending 5 minutes in the car with this woman it was easy to see why this had happened as she was a total bitch! And if I could go back in time with hindsight I would do the same thing again.

The last time I took a taxi from Suvarnabhumi ( last week ) I had to go to the desk and tell the clerk where I was going, as normal. He/she must have written this down for the driver, so he has no defence.

Nice to see other Thais coming to the guy's aid.

Ive thrown a few people out of my Taxi when I was in the trade but never an old age person. It was mainly wannabee gangsters and smack heads, though I once told a young woman to get out with her son who I later found out was blind. The reason he was blind was the woman was given a good kicking when she was pregnant which resulted in her son being born blind, and after spending 5 minutes in the car with this woman it was easy to see why this had happened as she was a total bitch! And if I could go back in time with hindsight I would do the same thing again.

I did it a couple of times.

I had an A5 poster of Madeline McCann (the little girl who went missing, a sort of what she must look like now image) inside the car.

Cretin got in, guffawed and said "What's pink and rusty - Madeline McCanns' bicycle! "

I turned him out. He rang the local licensing authority to complain. The enforcement officer ( an ex police sergeant) called me in. I explained. I later heard he rang the cretin and suggested to him that he bought a bike...

I read all these incidents people have with the taxi's from the airport and to be honest I have never had a bad one. It may help that i can speak Thai and converse with the driver but I cant say I have had a bad experience

Exactly Gandalf, any Filipino should arrive in Thailand speaking fluent Thai otherwise he may well be dumped on the highway. Something to do with Thai hospitality I am told. Speak the local language or get out of my car.

In China Beijing the government there made a huge effort to get the taxis into English before the Beijing Olympics because English is the language of the Olympics. No such effort will be made in Thailand in the foreseeable future.

Quote "English is the language of the Olympics".

Actually French and English are the official languages of the Olympics.........