What Are the Biggest Lies Foreigners Tell Themselves?

eldragon

20 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

I prefer Lao Kao, it really is good quality.

Hey ......it is definitely better than Mekong , Hongtong or Saeng Som .......that is for sure. It is no worse than Tequila , vodka or gin. It is the excess drinking of it that leads to ruin not the stuff itself.

I am currently on a wine budget because it is actually cheaper than Lao Khao. 8 liters of Montclair at 1199 baht a box works out at about 114 baht a bottle. The Lao Khao plus 2 mixers plus a bottle of Leo for wifey was costing me 150 a day.

Saving money but the wine can give a mild hangover whereas the Lao Khao no hangover. Bit tough on the esophagus though.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Hey ......it is definitely better than Mekong , Hongtong or Saeng Som .......that is for sure. It is no worse than Tequila , vodka or gin. It is the excess drinking of it that leads to ruin not the stuff itself.

I am currently on a wine budget because it is actually cheaper than Lao Khao. 8 liters of Montclair at 1199 baht a box works out at about 114 baht a bottle. The Lao Khao plus 2 mixers plus a bottle of Leo for wifey was costing me 150 a day.

Saving money but the wine can give a mild hangover whereas the Lao Khao no hangover. Bit tough on the esophagus though.

I'm used to straight up with water chaser. Never tried as mixed drink.

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

This one is different!

I can trump that. (sorry for the expression, no double meaning intended)

My wife is different.

I am different.

Our dogs are different.

We are all different.

And so are the local monks and the village bobo.

Even the village PA system is different.

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

And you certainly won't catch me looking at the items in the 25% off/nearly out of date section !!

Nah I'm always sniffing around Tesco at 8pm ish I'm happy if I can get a chicken borghasse for 60 baht and a baguette for 18 and the bag of course which is free 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah I'm always sniffing around Tesco at 8pm ish I'm happy if I can get a chicken borghasse for 60 baht and a baguette for 18 and the bag of course which is free 

I may have some tin food here at home that I could send over to you if you need ....