Rescued Swedish teenager describes 'hard life' under ISIL in Iraq

webfact

She's a 16yo teenage girl. She is not mature and knows nothing of life. Give it a break guys. Is it really necessary to stoop so low as to call a child like her stupid? She could be a daughter of any of you guys. Have a little respect for a child sometime.

Stupid is being charitable compared to what many would call her, dude.

She's a 16yo teenage girl. She is not mature and knows nothing of life. Give it a break guys. Is it really necessary to stoop so low as to call a child like her stupid? She could be a daughter of any of you guys. Have a little respect for a child sometime.

16 year olds are not children they are young adults!

It is also reported that she has abandoned her baby which was presumably willingly conceived whist she was a 15 year old "child".

I suspect an earlier comment questioning this "child's" IQ was pretty near the mark and truth.

Ah well....alls well that ends well. She probably doesn't understand how lucky she to be back in Sweden. Could have ended very differently . I bet she knows a lot more about Islam now than before she went and will be spreading the word that it sucks.

It is also reported that she has abandoned her baby which was presumably willingly conceived whist she was a 15 year old "child".

I suspect an earlier comment questioning this "child's" IQ was pretty near the mark and truth.

16 yo is:

In high school

Has no adult rights ie voting, signing any type of legal papers without parental signature also

Makes terrible decisions ie the one in question here

The list is long about characteristics of children vs adults of which, she is most definitely not.

She IS a child incapable of making mature adult decisions as evidenced here.

Kinda like many of the old guys who come to Thailand and hook up with young girls younger than their own daughters.

You cannot expect a child to make mature decisions.

You want to call someone stupid, save that remark for the people who are suppose to protect her from childish self. That would be her parents/guardian.

16 yo is:

In high school

Has no adult rights ie voting, signing any type of legal papers without parental signature also

Makes terrible decisions ie the one in question here

The list is long about characteristics of children vs adults of which, she is most definitely not.

She IS a child incapable of making mature adult decisions as evidenced here.

Kinda like many of the old guys who come to Thailand and hook up with young girls younger than their own daughters.

You cannot expect a child to make mature decisions.

You want to call someone stupid, save that remark for the people who are suppose to protect her from childish self. That would be her parents/guardian.

You can get married in many countries at the age of 16.

As regards using the term stupid, I think you are getting over sensitive.

I sit in Indian restaurant with 6 year old son, just before food comes they bring the red hot steel plates to stand the food on to keep hot. I say to son "do not touch these they are very very hot", waiter puts them on table, first thing son does is reach out and put his finger on them - burn - mega ouch! Result, I turn to son and say "that was stupid".! 15 year old Girl runs off to join ISIS and thinks it is horrendous, she is rescued and then decides to run back and re-join them - result "that was stupid". What's the problem with the term stupid? By the age of 6-7 a child CAN distinguish between right and wrong (different to honest and dishonest), choosing to do wrong when you know what is right is stupid. Simple really.

2fishin2

Look in the link you will find detail of two "children" who you would willingly introduce to your Mother.

These "children" , of course, according to "bleeding heart" apologists were just "having fun" and should not be on trial.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/17/angela-wrightson-murder-girls-13-14-beat-woman-to-death-court-hears

If you look closely at my earlier posts I called no one "stupid" but I have now changed my mind about one poster here !

Edited by sunnyjim5