New wave of Burmese hackers behind Thai website attacks

webfact

New wave of Burmese hackers behind Thai website attacks
SINGAPORE/YANGON | BY JEREMY WAGSTAFF AND TIMOTHY MCLAUGHLIN

SINGAPORE: -- Burmese hackers say they have attacked Thai government websites since early January and stolen data, part of a long-running, broader campaign against those critical of Myanmar's government.

The Blink Hacker Group said in Facebook posts and in an email interview that its attacks were in retaliation for Thailand sentencing two Burmese to death for the murder of two British backpackers late last year.

The group said it posted online data it took from websites of the Thai prison agency and justice ministry, saying databases from any government websites it hacked "should be made public."

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-myanmar-idUSKCN0VY00G

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2016-02-25

"Burmese hackers say they have attacked Thai government websites since early January and stolen data"

"Thai police said they had yet to determine who was behind the attacks, but denied those responsible were from Myanmar." blink.png

Either the Buffoons in Brown can't admit the Burmese kicked their butt, or they don't read the papers...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

so i live in Hua Hin and pull into a local gas station. While filling up my motorcycle, the man there starts talking to me in English. A complex conversation as the man understood everything I as saying. Very rare in Thailand. At the end I asked where are you from? Myanmar.

So a guy in a gas station speaks better English than the manager at Bangkok Bank.

"Burmese hackers say they have attacked Thai government websites since early January and stolen data"

"Thai police said they had yet to determine who was behind the attacks, but denied those responsible were from Myanmar." blink.png

Either the Buffoons in Brown can't admit the Burmese kicked their butt, or they don't read the papers...

How do we know they are truly Burmese, any evidence???? clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

There's a report in today's Guardian of a dramatic rise in hacking in the UK also. The next World War will not be fought with 'bows and arrows' (a reference to nuclear weapons), but a cyber one, and it's gathering pace.

One of my favorite quotes

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

- Einstein.

that makes sense. earlier this year there was a massive data leak everything in thailand was taken, or it seems. . . I quickly unplugged all my running servers, it went on for hours and hours. . (Baido software was the culprit, it was china, it can not be uninstalled FYI, you must reinstall you OS. ) But anyone waiting at the "door" would have gotten this data. Thailand has no "security" really. most of the government hackers are PAID black hats. You will be very surprised at how much money THailand spends on them.

which begs the question. did they make a back door...?

earlier this year there was a massive data leak everything in thailand was taken, or it seems. . . I quickly unplugged all my running servers, it went on for hours and hours.

^^^^^^^^^^ Did you wear your tinfoil hat while unplugging ^^^^^^^ tongue.png

Anonymous claimed they took down over 300 Thai government websites some 2 or 3 times and stole and leaked data from the prison service and supreme court.

so i live in Hua Hin and pull into a local gas station. While filling up my motorcycle, the man there starts talking to me in English. A complex conversation as the man understood everything I as saying. Very rare in Thailand. At the end I asked where are you from? Myanmar.

So a guy in a gas station speaks better English than the manager at Bangkok Bank.

The last time I was in Myanmar, the small kids came running up to me and saying "Hello Mister, where are you from?". When I replied, they giggled and tagged along for my short walk.

I engaged in numerous, spontaneous, English conversations with locals in Mandalay and Yangon. Old, young and in-betweeners, were universally inquisitive and friendly.

Prosperity sometimes jades and corrupts the pure of thought and deed. Good luck Myanmar in reaching the former and not the latter.

Edited by Benmart

How do we know they are truly Burmese, any evidence???? clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good point. The only thing "I" am sure of, is what "I" do, what "I" say and what "I" see. All the rest is subject to inspection.

There's a report in today's Guardian of a dramatic rise in hacking in the UK also. The next World War will not be fought with 'bows and arrows' (a reference to nuclear weapons), but a cyber one, and it's gathering pace.

Especially if the IoT arrives big time

Well at least their English is better then Thai's English oh and their not lazy people like Thais just somethings i have notices within the last two years and drama free and not hostile people like 80% Thais .. and don't make up stories like father sick and buffalo has ran away .. blink.png

One of my favorite quotes

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

- Einstein.

Ah, but the internet wasn't around when Einstein said that, was it.

Edited by dageurreotype

Can't admit being screwed by people who are generally looked down on.

Cops are on the lookout for pancake sellers in Samui who are alleged to have done all the translations for the hackers.

Not surprising.