ID Card for farangs

Here is a picture of my ID card with all personal details obscured.

KuhnBENQ, there is no link between your passport and this card.

Maestro, the rear of the card is the same as you have shown.

I am of the opinion that I was given the chance to get this card and have absolutely nothing to lose by having it and maybe something to gain in the future. Who knows?

thumbsup.gif Indeed, first time I see this pink card for a foreigner that does not have permanent residence (ID starting with digit "6").

And as the OP already disclosed, issued in Amphoe Bang Saphan Noi (geocode 7705), Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

Q:

Thai ID cards show the name in Thai script (original in this case) AND in roman script.

Does the pink card show your name in Thai AND roman script (original in this case)?

I am afraid not which limits its use (similar like yellow house book).

No. Only written in Thai script.

• Like 1

Worrab, is mistaken. Permanent residents don't have yellow books

I apologise again for the wrong wording which I tried to correct in Number 8 of this thread. As I said then, the Deputy Governor asked if I was still living at the address I had given to get my yellow Tabien Baan. This means to me that this is my permanent address as I reside here. Have to be very careful with how to word things sometimes. Sorry.

confirmed as of 26-2 2016 14.00 hr tessabaan NongKhai ....remember my post about my kids summond at the tessabaan?

It was indeed for the Thai-farang id

Just after the post i went to collect the ID cards but they were not yet in.

Next week NongKhai assured me.

Note.

My personal opinion

Thai authorities want to keep track of who is where in Thailand

Fingerprinting and close up id photo will certainly help.

Since we have NO problems at all being fingerprinted we will collect next week

I hope the card will exclude us from the double pricing issue in the future

• Like 2

The pink ID card will not replace having the passport or at least a copy to go with it. The card does not have your permit to stay date on it and that is what the authorities will want to see along will proof your passport is still valid. If they wanted to see your actual passport they can detain you until it is presented.

• Like 2

What I suspected. Still no connection between your original name and the Thai transcript.

Well, a bit better than a yellow book but indeed not usable as a replacement for your original ID/passport.

A half-baked solution.

What I suspected. Still no connection between your original name and the Thai transcript.

Well, a bit better than a yellow book but indeed not usable as a replacement for your original ID/passport.

A half-baked solution.

Could not reply earlier as this site was infected with a Trojan Horse which has now gone!!

Anyway, all I can say to this is that my full name in English has been written in Thai in the Tabien Baan and on my ID card.

• Like 1

A half-baked solution.

Could not reply earlier as this site was infected with a Trojan Horse which has now gone!!

Anyway, all I can say to this is that my full name in English has been written in Thai in the Tabien Baan and on my ID card.

I assume that was a warning from some security software you have installed. There have been reports of that happening which have proved to be false.

Myself and others have had no such warning.

A half-baked solution.

I assume that was a warning from some security software you have installed. There have been reports of that happening which have proved to be false.

Myself and others have had no such warning.

AVG picked it up as Trojan Horse Exploit SWF with the source being Resident Shield. Don't know if this is helpful to you or not.

AVG picked it up as Trojan Horse Exploit SWF with the source being Resident Shield. Don't know if this is helpful to you or not.

Same thing this morning. My AVG went berserk when I opened TV and was flagging a trojan relentlessly. It only stopped when I enabled [a browser add-on that is not liked by TV] that kills all the embedded and bloody annoying advertising.

• Like 1

I'm curious what your ID card says on the line below the line with your ID number (starting with 6). For permanents residents (who have an ID number starting with 8), it says (in Thai) "has permanent residence".

That's a very interesting question.

Worrab, this is about the text in the area marked with a red rectangle in the picture below:

post-21260-0-33748200-1456591042_thumb.j

I don't know if you can crop the photo on your phone so that it only shows that text. Otherwise, you could perhaps have your wife write that Thai text on a piece of paper, then photograph and post it.

Or James, can you post that Thai text from your card and worrab can then compare it with the text on his card and tell us if it is the same.

• Like 1

I'm curious what your ID card says on the line below the line with your ID number (starting with 6). For permanents residents (who have an ID number starting with 8), it says (in Thai) "has permanent residence".

It basically says Foreigners so in other words for Non Thai persons.

Good evening, I got the yellow book issued in 2013,been here on a Non b since 2008 also married to a Thai so can I get that Pink Id? Thank you for your time

I see no reason why not but as has been said on here before..............it seems to be up to your Amphur.

• Like 1

Does it allow to pay the Thai price in dual pricing places?

That depends on the facility. I got the Thai price at Muang Boran with my yellow book. Some places will just not give a caucasian the Thai price.

If you have a yellow book, it has a 13 digit ID number on the second page. Mine starts 6-2001.

We went with friends to the waterfall just off Suk near Chantaburi. They were not going to allow me the Thai price. I wasn't going to pay the farang price and the others decided it was all or no one. As we turned away this woman went to enter the office and recognised my wife's friend, we all went in free. Flexible system.

• Like 1

All well and good.

But I long for the day when they do away with paper passports and replace them with plastic ( credit card like ) cards that contain your information an a magnetic strip.

Much easier to carry and safe from damage unlike the paper books now used.,and no need to add pages if it gets full.

I had a passport destroyed by an unexpected dousing of water on Songkran a few years ago and have heard of many that have been washed with the laundry.

I can think of no reason the plastic card could not or should not be issued.

Can you?

Other countries can.

I saw the plastic card of a legal Thai migrant worker in South Korea.

Photo ID with name in roman script, entry date, permission to stay date.

The rest is in Korean, assume address and work place? (on the backside).

Also a bar code on the backside,

Issued by immigration office!

All he needs to carry around.

That's how it could be done.

AND done by immigration office.

This "trojan horse" etc. was false alarm or triggered by some link in a short lived spam post.

Overly nervous net nanny SW.

Discussed in another thread.

Edited by KhunBENQ

In Thai it says มีถิ่นที่อยู่ถาวร

google translate says that means "A permanent resident"

Surprise, surprise.

It's indeed the same term used for "pink cards" issued to permanent residents.

It can be translated as "has a permanent home address"/"has a permanent residence".

Compare with this from another thread:

post-90623-0-49022500-1430486871.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

All well and good.

But I long for the day when they do away with paper passports and replace them with plastic ( credit card like ) cards that contain your information an a magnetic strip.

Much easier to carry and safe from damage unlike the paper books now used.,and no need to add pages if it gets full.

I had a passport destroyed by an unexpected dousing of water on Songkran a few years ago and have heard of many that have been washed with the laundry.

I can think of no reason the plastic card could not or should not be issued.

Can you?

Other countries can.

I saw the plastic card of a legal Thai migrant worker in South Korea.

Photo ID with name in roman script, entry date, permission to stay date.

The rest is in Korean, assume address and work place? (on the backside).

Also a bar code on the backside,

Issued by immigration office!

All he needs to carry around.

That's how it could be done.

AND done by immigration office.

This "trojan horse" etc. was false alarm or triggered by some link in a short lived spam post.

Overly nervous net nanny SW.

Discussed in another thread.

Now that you mention it. I recall that when my Thai wife got her visa to live with me in The United States, she was issued a "green card", that is no longer green.

It was a plastic credit card like ID with a magnetic strip on the back.

It was valid for 10 years and there was no need for her to carry a passport or any other identification.

So, yes, it can be done.

P.S. In the 6 years she lived in the U.S. she was never even asked to present the card for any reason, except for when she applied for her social security card.

There were also no 90 visits or yearly extensions

You could say that U.S. Immigration just "cut her loose " with instructions to renew the ID card in 10 years..

After receiving her "green card" we were never contacted by immigration again for any reason.

In Thai it says มีถิ่นที่อยู่ถาวร

google translate says that means "A permanent resident"

Surprise, surprise.

It's indeed the same term used for "pink cards" issued to permanent residents.

It can be translated as "has a permanent home address"/"has a permanent residence".

Compare with this from another thread:

post-90623-0-49022500-1430486871.jpg

This is not on my ID card.Mine says loosely translated that this card is for all people who are not Thai nationality.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text
  • Like 1

The line above the number says that it is for someone that does not have Thai nationality; that is also on permanent residents' cards. What about the line below the number?

Translated says Aliens. This means the line above and below the number say the same thing but in different ways. Hope this clarifies this matter.

Edited by worrab

Worrab, the basic question is whether text below the ID number on your card is exactly the same as the text shown on the other card posted in the post avove yours, ie if the text is as follows:

มีถิ่นที่อยู่ถาวร

Even if you can't read Thai, perhaps you can compare the two texts visually and see if they are identical.

• Like 1