Chinese Tourist dies during swim at Pattaya Island

rooster59

Chinese Tourist dies during swim at Pattaya Island

post-247607-0-64185500-1456526166_thumb.

PATTAYA: A 50-year-old Chinese Tourist died as he went for a swim at a remote Island off the coast of Pattaya on Friday afternoon.

A Pattaya Sea Rescue unit were called to Sak Island, close to the popular Larn Island, situated 4kms off the coast of Pattaya where they recovered the body of Mr. Li Qinsheng.

The victim had gone for a swim and decided to wear a life jacket as he considered himself not to be a strong swimmer. He was seen to collapse during his swim and was seen floating in the water with his head slumped forward, just touching the water.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221790/chinese-tourist-dies-during-swim-at-pattaya-island/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-27

Sorry for the poor bloke - he even took the precaution of wearing a life jacket but obviously something went wrong.

And once again, a huge thumbs down to the Pattaya One newspaper tabloid rag that insists on showing photos of the poor deceased. I don't care if they're blurred out or not, it's totally unnecessary and shows no respect whatsoever.

And in this one the Sea Rescue blokes are squatting around the deceased as though they'd been deep sea fishing and the corpse was a trophy.

Absolutely no class whatsoever.

Sorry for the poor bloke - he even took the precaution of wearing a life jacket but obviously something went wrong.

And once again, a huge thumbs down to the Pattaya One newspaper tabloid rag that insists on showing photos of the poor deceased. I don't care if they're blurred out or not, it's totally unnecessary and shows no respect whatsoever.

And in this one the Sea Rescue blokes are squatting around the deceased as though they'd been deep sea fishing and the corpse was a trophy.

Disgusting isn't it ? I'm surprised no one's pointing.

Look again. The smiling guy behind the body is pointing.

I couldn't get the photo to enlarge and thought his hands were only on his knees. If pointing it just makes the obscenity worse.

The two fellows-rescue workers carrying the corpse seem to be laughing. At what, the dead body?

In the other picture they pose with the corpse like a 60 kilogram trophy fish.

What kind of subliminal message does this send to the world? We love you tourists? - keep on 'a comin'? Ka Ching?

Is there any need to truss the body up that much?

If that shows respect for the deceased, in the whole process of going to Thailand only to come home in a black body bag - then I'm a monkey's uncle..

Thai tourism is closely resembling a cattle call..

As in, "another one bites the dust.."

Lifejackets that meet standards are designed to float the wearer slightly onto their back if unconscious, so the mouth/nose is held as high as possible out of the water.

If the deceased was slumped forward, the lifejacket might have not met standards.

So if you rely on a lifejacket, beware. Look for standards labelling, and/or key features like the lifejackets age, wear/tear, sufficient buoyancy to the front (this will rotate you towards leaning on your back).

Best not swim alone, even if you are a strong swimmer.

Go to the pattaya one article. The Thai "man" is the third picture is clearly smiling at the camera. Why? Why why why why why why why why?

Oh! This is f#^!king nuts.

Why? Why why why why why why why why do you expect Thailand and Thai's to conform to your ideas of what constitutes respect for the dead?

This is Thailand so that is nuts.

On the other hand, it's not a pleasant job and he is probably embarrassed at being asked to point at the subject.

Let's not be too judgemental. There is little doubt that they have been asked to pose.

On the other hand, it's not a pleasant job and he is probably embarrassed at being asked to point at the subject.

Let's not be too judgemental. There is little doubt that they have been asked to pose.

I suppose then being Thai they were too polite to refuse to pose and point rather than getting on with the job of removing the deceased from public view as quickly and decently as possible.

Go to the pattaya one article. The Thai "man" is the third picture is clearly smiling at the camera. Why? Why why why why why why why why?

The obvious answer is a combination of complete disregard for the value of a human life, along with either contempt or dislike of foreigners. Either way, it is a tremendous demonstration of ignorance, insensitivity, lack of grace, lack of manhood, lack of intelligence, vision, consideration, and dignity. A tiny child, trapped within the body of a man, who has the emotional development of a 12 year old.

The two fellows-rescue workers carrying the corpse seem to be laughing. At what, the dead body?

What kind of subliminal message does this send to the world? We love you tourists? - keep on 'a comin'? Ka Ching?

If that shows respect for the deceased, in the whole process of going to Thailand only to come home in a black body bag - then I'm a monkey's uncle..

yeah, I noticed the laughs too. Really disrespectful.

Live in the 3rd world ,get 3rd world ,mind set ,live in europe or USA get taxes bills and the cost goes on ,still not sure whats best ,but for me europe is the best all you need is the money

Disgusting but they do the same all thru Europe, Asia, South America, South Africa and so on.. I'm shocked you don't point the finger at those nations as well !!

Disgusting but they do the same all thru Europe, Asia, South America, South Africa and so on.. I'm shocked you don't point the finger at those nations as well !!

We are discussing an incident that happened here and happening elsewhere is irrelevant and in no way reduces the lack of respect.

What kind of subliminal message does this send to the world?

Only a dead Chinese is a good Chinese? Hopefully not. Poor guy. RIP

If you refer to my post, you will note that my criticism is of the specific rag tabloid that published the pictures. At no time did I criticise any nation, Thai or otherwise.

Before you start commenting that the locals are smiling on the picture you have to remember that TIT and in a buddhist culture where they party all night long when a relative dies, the spirit already on its way to be reincarnated into something else.

Lifejackets that meet standards are designed to float the wearer slightly onto their back if unconscious, so the mouth/nose is held as high as possible out of the water.

If the deceased was slumped forward, the lifejacket might have not met standards.

So if you rely on a lifejacket, beware. Look for standards labelling, and/or key features like the lifejackets age, wear/tear, sufficient buoyancy to the front (this will rotate you towards leaning on your back).

Best not swim alone, even if you are a strong swimmer.

Standards! What standards? The word probably has no meaning or equivalency in the Thai language, unfortunately. coffee1.gif

All of you are looking at this through western eyes and upbringing.These people are Asian and Buddhist as well and view death differently.

very sad story , just think if he had gone for a swim in a swimming pool he would still be here , a handrail only a few yards away , but i must say that if he was with friends or family the question arises why did they let him go for a swim also alone when he was not a strong swimmer and also may have had a heart problem , so some blame has to go with the people he was with .

I agree, but you obviously haven't checked out you tube recently. Crash images so strong one can never erase it. And a child can access it.

Said news;

again a q tourist gone

Why? Why why why why why why why why do you expect Thailand and Thai's to conform to your ideas of what constitutes respect for the dead?

This is Thailand so that is nuts.

I always found it strange, when I first came to Thailand, that Thai's responded to news of someone's death with something from a giggle to a hearty laugh. Looking into it further this was explained to me as a nervous reaction (or perhaps relief at it not being them. Whatever the case the laughs and smiles have nothing to do with disrespect. Dead people scare the crap out of Thai's ... not just dead but the prospect of ghosts etc. I still find it odd but I think I get it after all this time in the Kingdom