refused flight

at swampy airport i called them, guy asked laos airways and they reported this. think best for him to go to kuala lumpar like nongmai said. Any one got any experiences of going to kuala lumpa then flying back on same day on visa exempt??

same thing, same airline happened to my friend last month and he had a member of immigration from where he lives in thailand with him (came in the taxi with him to the airport for a fee of course)

he booked a flight to Singapore instead and got a thai visa there

So an immigration officer traveled to the airport with a person which he knew was illegal in the country?

that is correct

I would have Been skeptical reading this until last week when I applied for a non o visa and was declined (long story) but was told by the officer she could get me through the hoops for 16k

Went to another office and got it on my own in under 1 hour. These people can be bought, no problem

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Yhis was in Thailand?

same thing, same airline happened to my friend last month and he had a member of immigration from where he lives in thailand with him (came in the taxi with him to the airport for a fee of course)

he booked a flight to Singapore instead and got a thai visa there

So an immigration officer traveled to the airport with a person which he knew was illegal in the country?

that is correct

I would have Been skeptical reading this until last week when I applied for a non o visa and was declined (long story) but was told by the officer she could get me through the hoops for 16k

Went to another office and got it on my own in under 1 hour. These people can be bought, no problem

Yhis was in Thailand?

Yes

at swampy airport i called them, guy asked laos airways and they reported this. think best for him to go to kuala lumpar like nongmai said. Any one got any experiences of going to kuala lumpa then flying back on same day on visa exempt??

Attempting to re-enter with a visa exempt entry immediately after clearing a substantial overstay would, perhaps, not be a very good idea.

You can be assured that the IO's will have questions and will likely want to see 20'000 Bht cash.

The IO's could easily find good reason to refuse entry.

• Like 1

They just seem to be getting greedier and greedier don't they? 450 RM in Penang for a tourist visa if your passport is "too full"?

Pff.

As long as foreigners continue to pay and think that everyone can be bought, the problem will never go away. It's supply and demand at its worst, the problem is not them it's you, who should know better.

As long as foreigners continue to pay and think that everyone can be bought, the problem will never go away. It's supply and demand at its worst, the problem is not them it's you, who should know better.

Oh yes, that is the root of the problem, that we think everything can be bought and we don't start becoming "ethical". Not the fact that they are corrupt.

Sorry, I mean greedy. Because other corrupt countries in the region have more common sense.

Thai logic states that when the demand is low, you don't decrease the price (western logic), you increase the price to make up for the lost profits.

METV 5,000 baht, ED extensions every month (1,900 baht). The list could continue.

On the other hand, consulates and agents in neighboring countries see this as an excellent business opportunity to make tea money (abt 5,000 baht equivalent for a single tourist visa I hear).

So yes, I do agree with mcfish there, anything has a price, it's just I believe that they are going a little crazy at the moment with the rip off and overpricing it. It's a dangerous gamble.

Edited by lkv

i flew to Kuala Lumpur on saturday with Air Asia, i had 2 one way tickets BKK to KL and KL to BKK, when i arrived at Dom Muang i went to Air Asia check in machine outside the terminal building and printed of 2 one way tickets. i then proceded to immigration,got stamped out of Thailand paid my overstay and flew to KL.

When i arrived at KL immigration never even asked to see an exit ticket, just stamped me in,

My return flight was 2 hours later, so i had a coffee went through departure gate got stamped out and flew back to Dom Muang BKK. Arrived went through Thai customs with no difficulty at all and received a 30 day visa on arrival stamp.was not asked to show a ticket out of Bkk.

This whole process was very quick very easy and the flights were on 2300 baht combined fare.

No checking in on flight desks and no one telling me to show return tickets or any of that crap.

I hope this help you and others in your situation,

What are you planning to do after your 30 days are up?

Most likely ask for a 30 day extension if he can be bothered, and then overstay his new permission to stay, by 89 days this time to avoid being banned. Some people really like to take the piss. All fine by me, as long as they don't complain when others (like airline personnel) also start to take the piss and refuse them to board.

Will just fly to kl or ho chi min city and re enter for another 30 days or go to vientiane and get a 60 day tourist visa 1000 baht with option to extend by 30 more days at immigration, im not doing anything wrong. playing by there rules.

From my experience 2 years ago, overstaying fee was 500 baht per day. That time i was able to check-in but it was the immigration officer who noticed...i did not even knew i overstayed 3 days only. Paid the fee and flew out of Thailand normally.

The good news was that after being refused check-in you were able to return home without any issues.

Could have been easy for the RTP / Immigrations to be in the check-in area and roundup those that were rejected at check-in. Shooting fish in a barrel.

if you get a visa exempt at the airport can this then be changed to a non imm b visa within that 30 days ???

You would have to apply for it within 15 days and only at Bangkok immigration. You would need an approved work permit application plus a stack of paperwork from your employer.

Just go this email from the horse's mouth in Bangkok :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per your Email I explain you that the problem is with Lao immigration at Airport they not allow passengers entry to Vientiane who over stay

In Thailand before they allow but now not allow .

Best Regards

Noudeng Chanthaphasouk

General Manager ,Lao Airlines,Bangkok

Silom Plaza Silom Road ,Bangkok 10500

Tel:(+66 2 ) 236 9822-23

Fax:(+66 2 ) 236 9821

Email :[email protected]

---------------------------------------------------------------

So I think we can assume that this ban applies to all airlines flying to Laos, though I've yet to contact Thai and Bangkok Air which I will do tomorrow.

If airlines are starting to get nervous about this already, maybe more will join them as the 20th March approaches

So..... can anybody please suggest the best alternatives, especially for the ease of getting a visa for re-entry to Thailand ?

KL would be a good place , short cheap flight, no visa requirement for most and an Embassy who would know exactly how to welcome overstayers smile.png

Edited by sunnyjim5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per your Email I explain you that the problem is with Lao immigration at Airport they not allow passengers entry to Vientiane who over stay

Best Regards

Noudeng Chanthaphasouk

So I think we can assume that this ban applies to all airlines flying to Laos, though I've yet to contact Thai and Bangkok Air which I will do tomorrow.

If airlines are starting to get nervous about this already, maybe more will join them as the 20th March approaches

So..... can anybody please suggest the best alternatives, especially for the ease of getting a visa for re-entry to Thailand ?

Definitive answer/horses mouth, game over.

KL would be a good place , short cheap flight, no visa requirement for most and an Embassy who would know exactly how to treat overstayers smile.png

Ok can you please not make those type of statements? Some people may take you seriously and go there and waste their time and money. They don't deserve it just because some people have a boring day at their keyboards.

DO NOT GO TO KL.

Best Regards

Noudeng Chanthaphasouk

Definitive answer/horses mouth, game over.

Yes it would seem that doors are beginning to close.

I am not surprised and have little sympathy with those affected.

There have been more than adequate warnings to those who need to regularise their situation in Thailand.

• Like 1

Best Regards

Noudeng Chanthaphasouk

Just at the airport ?

Overlanding would be OK ?

If Laos didnt let you in, you would be stranded between the two Countries .

Best Regards

Noudeng Chanthaphasouk

Just at the airport ?

Overlanding would be OK ?

If Laos didnt let you in, you would be stranded between the two Countries .

The Thai immigration Officers would refuse exit to those they knew would not be admitted to Laos.

No one would be "trapped" in no mans land.

something is wrong or being misinterpreted.

i have never seen a check in attendant look past the first page of my passport.

i suspect the lack of return is the issue, not sure why the op would not have booked a return.

anyways as i have said, I would do penang.

When you take a flight to Thailand from any country, the check in staff look to see if you have a visa (or an onward ticket).

That has never happened to me, not once since 1986 have I been checked for an onwards ticket.

In fact I don't think I have had one since I arrived in 86.

Can an overstay be cleared at the airport before checking in?

Dont you go through checking in first, then go through immigration ?

Even so, you can clear your overstay at any immigration office before you fly

Short overstays can usually be cleared at any immigration office. You will then typically be given 7 days to leave the country. If you go to an immigration office with a long overstay

• if you are lucky, they will tell you to leave promptly via an airport;
  • they may arrest and deport you.

Airport immigration is not going to allow you to clear an overstay unless you are immediately thereafter leaving the country. Note that whether the overstay was cleared before or after check in would not affect whether Laos immigration would deny entry.

Can an overstay be cleared at the airport before checking in?

Dont you go through checking in first, then go through immigration ?

Even so, you can clear your overstay at any immigration office before you fly

Attempting to clear any substantial overstay at an immigration office would not be very wise. By trying a person would be at real risk of being arrested,imprisoned, processed though the courts and deported.

Opinions from those on the board with good instincts ...

Is it possible that Thailand is quietly informing neighboring countries that they will be stricter in future about allowing those with long overstays back into Thailand from neighboring countries? That is, they may not actually be blacklisted, but their entries will be much more closely scrutinized unless they are coming from their home countries?

That would explain the new policy by Laos, and could be a precursor to similar moves by other countries. Speculation, of course. Opinions?

• Like 1

Opinions from those on the board with good instincts ...

Is it possible that Thailand is quietly informing neighboring countries that they will be stricter in future about allowing those with long overstays back into Thailand from neighboring countries? That is, they may not actually be blacklisted, but their entries will be much more closely scrutinized unless they are coming from their home countries?

That would explain the new policy by Laos, and could be a precursor to similar moves by other countries. Speculation, of course. Opinions?

I expressed a similar opinion in a PM to another member just a short time ago.

I also think that the regional Thai Embassy's/Consulates will be increasingly reluctant to issue serial TV's or issue visas to those with overstay stamps in their passport.

• Like 2