TIT - This is Thailand "No have" variation

akentryan

Not sure where this should go so please change if necessary.

Recently won first prize in the Bangkok Post Christmas Holiday Contest which consisted of a massage chair valued at 269,000 baht. Had made arrangements to rent a truck to pick up the prize. Called first to make sure everything was OK. Was told to cancel the truck because "we don't have the chair". Some talk about receiving a gift certificate instead. Two days later received a call that said "we are working on getting the chair." That was a couple of days ago yet I remain optimistic because the people at the newspaper were so pleasant. TIT

• 2 weeks later...

An update on the chair. It was delivered from Bangkok today and set up by the factory team from OSIM. The chair, the newest model, is listed at 169,900 baht not the 269,900 as stated in the Bangkok Post article. Add 7% VAT to that and you have a little over 180,000 baht. The 5% income tax has nothing to do with the value of the chair. It comes with a one-year guarantee and needs a co-pilot to fly this baby. Hand held control, there is a jack for a sound system or.a phone, several programs and a timer. Anybody have ailments that require home massage make me an offer. Sorry but it will not let me attach the photos. PM me and I can send them by e-mail.

It must be the same chair they had in that movie (forgot the name of the movie) with Arnold and the syncore thing where they could download a persons mental state at any time, anyway there was this massage chair that came with a VR chick......

An update on the chair. It was delivered from Bangkok today and set up by the factory team from OSIM. The chair, the newest model, is listed at 169,900 baht not the 269,900 as stated in the Bangkok Post article. Add 7% VAT to that and you have a little over 180,000 baht. The 5% income tax has nothing to do with the value of the chair. It comes with a one-year guarantee and needs a co-pilot to fly this baby. Hand held control, there is a jack for a sound system or.a phone, several programs and a timer. Anybody have ailments that require home massage make me an offer. Sorry but it will not let me attach the photos. PM me and I can send them by e-mail.

Undoubtedly the 100,000 difference went on a down payment for the Bangkok Post editors new Merc.

Two winners! thumbsup.gif

Three one hour massages a week at 240 baht ( 200 baht + 40 baht tip ) means a live person, who can work on individual niggles and aches, would last me over 7 years before the 269,000 baht was exhausted.

Good luck to the OP, a massage chair is more convenient. However, as always, renting is cheaper than owning for those who don't win a lottery.

Edited by bazza40

given the OP states he got the chair from OSIM, this link is likely more relevant. Prices are in pesos as it keeps redirecting me because of Philippines IP.

http://www.osim.com/pH/category/massage_chairs.aspx

quite the piece of kit, fugly though

So, the chair story has a happy ending.

In a long list of items I would least like to receive as a prize, a massage chair comes top, slightly above The Compleat Barry Manilow Recordings in crush velvet presentation box.

Don't you mean slightly below Barry Manilow after all a massage only lasts an hour the agony of Manilow lasts forever