Petition launched to stop wild animal exploitation in Thailand’s tourist spots

snoop1130

Petition launched to stop wild animal exploitation in Thailand’s tourist spots
Kongleaphy Keam

post-249866-0-29164800-1457962369_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Phuket-based animal welfare organization the Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand (WFFT) has launched an online petition to get the Prime Minister’s backing to put a stop to wild animals being used in the tourist trade in the region and other tourist destinations in Thailand.

The campaign, ‘Stop the Killing and Exploitation of Wild Animals for Tourism’, was launched yesterday.

“We need at least 5,000 to 10,000 signatures from supporters before we submit the letter to the prime-minister for help,” said WFFT founder Edwin Wiek.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Petition-launched-stop-wild-animal-exploitation-Thailands/63422?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-14

There are already laws against exploiting endangered species. I reported about slow Loris being used for photo prop with tourists in front of main Pattaya mall, included photos of couple openly doing this, to wildlife protection group. They said they'd get right on it. They didn't. Maybe 6 months later one of the culprits was briefly arrested, but nothing came of it.

Seems last thing law enforcement wants to do here is enforce laws.

Keep going on this initiative guys, don't be put off by Thais or falang that have no empathy for the suffering of animals.

But, unfortunately, I can't see them having any success against water theme parks involving dolphins, seals (and Orangutans) etc. Too much money there going into the exploiter's and TAT's pockets.

Reminds me of the Liza Minnelli song from Cabaret. "Money Money Money. Money Money Money. Money makes the world go round ................... "