Thai tourists dump boxes of garbage at Swiss waterfall, netizens outraged

snoop1130

I also find it ridiculous that they evidently have to bring their own supplies of sticky rice and grilled pork from 8,000+ km away (the tag on the carton says BKK-ZRH), otherwise they probably would starve to death, because Swiss food is oh so terrible - not.

Is it any more rediculous than the posts i have read on TV were the all knowing farangs are bringing back suitcases of food to Thailand from their own countries ?

Are those farang on 4-day trips?

Maybe my eyes are getting bad, or my comprehension skills are not what they should be, so could you direct me to bit in the article which mentions a 4 day trip...thanks

Nitpicking. You know exactly what I mean. It was a corporate trip and I strongly doubt it lasted longer than a few days.

Not nitpicking in the least, you made a statement of fact and i asked where you got that fact from...but at least now we know where you got your fact from LOL, now you strongly doubt it lasted later than a few days, you stated factually it was 4 which is more than a few days

Edited by Bobotie

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also find it ridiculous that they evidently have to bring their own supplies of sticky rice and grilled pork from 8,000+ km away (the tag on the carton says BKK-ZRH), otherwise they probably would starve to death, because Swiss food is oh so terrible - not.

I was on a group tour with Thais to Europe - they even brought the water from Thailand...200 bottles.
How big where the bottles and how many in the tour group ?
About 20 people, 1.5 liter, caused some issue with the custom in Germany

So your saying 20 people boarded a plane in BKK with 300kg of water which is 15kg per person or 10 X 1.5l each...sorry struggling to belive you, as one suspects they wouldnt even be let on the plane in BKK

I was on a group tour with Thais to Europe - they even brought the water from Thailand...200 bottles.

So your saying 20 people boarded a plane in BKK with 300kg of water which is 15kg per person or 10 X 1.5l each...sorry struggling to belive you, as one suspects they wouldnt even be let on the plane in BKK

Sorry but this was a business trip with officials from Thai government and private sector

Sorry but this was a business trip with officials from Thai government and private sector

And your point is ?

Swiss should charge them double to look at attraction too lol, help cover the damage :-) Best place for thais is thailand, they travel badly & are unwilling engage in cultural differences hence why need pack big boxes of thai products .

Bit like the whinging farangs living in Thailand you mean ?

wouldn't know I don't live in thailand, do you !

Swiss should charge them double to look at attraction too lol, help cover the damage :-) Best place for thais is thailand, they travel badly & are unwilling engage in cultural differences hence why need pack big boxes of thai products .

Bit like the whinging farangs living in Thailand you mean ?

wouldn't know I don't live in thailand, do you !

Yes i do

What about all those foreigners needing farang food.. is that different ?

I know of many foreign tourists who prefer farang food, I actually never have met a foreign tourist who traveled with a suitcase full of farang food though.

I know of many foreign tourists who prefer farang food, I actually never have met a foreign tourist who traveled with a suitcase full of farang food though.

You will have to dig a little, but there have been posts by TV members bleating on about how much stuff (food) they have brought back to Thailand

You will have to dig a little, but there have been posts by TV members bleating on about how much stuff (food) they have brought back to Thailand

And how many STDs and illusions they brought back home... 555

Probably because street food carts over there don't sell sticky rice and pork at the waterfalls. If they did, the Thais wouldn't need to take their own.

If you cannot survive on local food while on an overseas trip lasting a few days, you better should stay home. I think it's one of the great pleasures of traveling to explore and discover the local food.

I take it you haven't been to France, LOL.

I've said many times, my #1 complaint about Thailand is the littering. It's just awful.

Quit Thai bashing its their country and if they wish to destroy it that's up to them. There I beat the other love it or leave it crowd by a large margin. Besides Thai's would never do such a dastardly deed. Are they not taught about litter in school. OOPPs could have gone overboard on that one.

But as you well know, even though you are choosing to ignore it, those TV members are not here on a business trip, they live here.

I came on holiday to Thailand twice, ate Thai food all the time. Now I've lived here for 12 years, I bring food from back home when I visit. Hardly the same as what these people did though is it?

Absolute joke. Disrespecting anything, including your own appearance, is a Thai trait. Littering is a Thai trait. Lying and blaming others is a Thai trait.

The only reason the coach driver would get rid of the food boxes is to eradicate the stench but I cant see it somehow.

Imagine the noise the poor guy had to put up with stuck on a bus full of Thai tourists for 4 days.

nothing new here. just look around the Thai streets, you see all kinds of garbage and trash, plastic bags blowing all over the place, the open containers that are raided by soi dogs, it seems the Thai mentality to keep your home clean but don't worry about the streets! even in Bangkok you can see the mess, especially on soi three and four sukhumvit. they just take their poor manners out of country when traveling.

Probably because street food carts over there don't sell sticky rice and pork at the waterfalls. If they did, the Thais wouldn't need to take their own.

If you cannot survive on local food while on an overseas trip lasting a few days, you better should stay home. I think it's one of the great pleasures of traveling to explore and discover the local food.

You think.. ah cultural superiority raises its ugly head again. Different cultures different values, but of course white skinned people are always right. Thai religious rituals are ridiculed while Christians believed someone came back from the dead. All things that don't conform to OUR way of thinking is wrong. cheesy.gif Different does not mean wrong, shows actually that your quite inflexible yourself.

In my building there is a garbage area with a huge plastic bin with a lid on it, and a sign in Thai and English saying Do not put trash on the floor. Put trash it in the bin.

I have seen a number of different Thai occupants put bags of rubbish in the corner of the room on the floor, as far as it is possible to get from the bin provided. Why?

It smells, it attracts insects and it looks bad. Yet they prefer to do this. Baffling.

Laziness.

One of the banes of Thailand.

Incompetence is to be expected because so many people do a half arsed job.

Is it any more rediculous than the posts i have read on TV were the all knowing farangs are bringing back suitcases of food to Thailand from their own countries ?
I ship back some treats sometimes, because I LIVE IN THAILAND and miss some tastes. When I go on HOLIDAY to a different country I don't take my own food :rolleyes: Edited by SABloke

I have a shop. The locals buy ice creams and other wrapped food. They rip of the wrappers and drop them on the ground. Not all customers are the same, but plenty. When I see a kid do this I tell them to put it in the bin, but the adults, I guess too late to learn.