Deputy PM dives into Phi Phi's wastewater woes

snoop1130

Deputy PM dives into Phi Phi's wastewater woes
Kritsada Mueanhawong

post-249866-0-21575000-1458217573_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Phi Phi officials are looking to secure a multi-million-baht budget to plug the free flow of untreated wastewater into the sea.

Deputy Prime Minister Adm Narong Pipatanasai visited the island yesterday to review a number of projects that the local administration plan to implement to stem the daily tide of 1,800 cubic meters of wastewater spewing into the marine park.

Ao Nang Administration Organization (OrBorTor) President Pankum Kittithonkun suggested that the government invoke Article 44 of the interim charter to source the 600 million baht needed to resolve several infrastructure problems at the popular tourist destination.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Deputy-PM-dives-Phi-Phis-wastewater-woes/63454?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-17

Seriously this is a government problem ?

The amount of revenue Phi Phi generates they can't force the rampant profiteers to stump up this small change ?

I assume all businesses pay tax.. so in a way the government does have to make sure that stuff like this is taken care of. That is why you pay taxes. Same as that BKK generates a lot of tax and thus a lot is invested in BKK in return. Seems logical to keep productive area's productive by making sure the infrastructure is good.

The amount of revenue Phi Phi generates they can't force the rampant profiteers to stump up this small change ?

It's been well documented that those in charge of tourist arrival 'fees' have siphoned most of it off into their own pockets.

It's all about me and don't care about the public 'good' ..

I assume all businesses pay tax.. so in a way the government does have to make sure that stuff like this is taken care of. That is why you pay taxes. Same as that BKK generates a lot of tax and thus a lot is invested in BKK in return. Seems logical to keep productive area's productive by making sure the infrastructure is good.

Your second statement seems to hit the nail on the head only the profits are not being spent locally but siphoned off into well you know where the home of the elite and gentry. This whole thing should be a no brainer plow profits from tourism back to fix the pollution issue. That this issue is even under discussion or exists is a black eye to the present administration.

So the guys who were in charge couldn't manage the place properly at a fundamental level and are asking to invoke some emergency superpower to make 600M THB appear out of thin air.

Can I sign up for this job somewhere? Seems like fun.

I just don't get this. Release of untreated waste water is illegal, period. Why don't the authority fined these illegal acts and get the factories upgrade or install equipments to stop release. Why is the tax payer money been asked to solve these illegal acts. It's like rewarding the wrong doers.

I just don't get this. Release of untreated waste water is illegal, period. Why don't the authority fined these illegal acts and get the factories upgrade or install equipments to stop release. Why is the tax payer money been asked to solve these illegal acts. It's like rewarding the wrong doers.

Come on Eric you know why they wan't the tax millions, we all know why.

Archived