Internet banking without phone number ?

I want to use thai internet banking while I am in overseas for some time, without recharging my thai simcard.

is it even possible ? maybe with token or usb shield or digital certificate ?

can anyone tell me which thai bank that support above method ?

Highly doubtful for many Thai bank ibanking transactions. I have Bangkok Bank and Krungsri ibanking and without the capability to receive SMS via my Thai mobile number I would be up the creek without a paddle for paying many bills, funds transfers, etc., since I could not receive the One Time Password to complete the transaction.

Highly doubtful for many Thai bank ibanking transactions. I have Bangkok Bank and Krungsri ibanking and without the capability to receive SMS via my Thai mobile number I would be up the creek without a paddle for paying many bills, funds transfers, etc., since I could not receive the One Time Password to complete the transaction.

or maybe thai bank that supports otp sms to overseas number ?

or maybe thai bank that supports otp sms to overseas number ?

Nope, only Thai mobile phone numbers.

Bangkok Bank only uses OTP-SMS when setting up a new bill or transfer and the first transaction. After that no OTP-SMS is needed.

TH

At least one of my monthly bills change the last three digits of the Ref 1 number periodically/monthly billing...this requires you to change the Ref 1 number which drives a OTP. Like my and my wife's monthly post paid DTAC bills for example...the last three digits change each month...so I just have the core portion of the Ref 1 number presetup that never changes. All depends on whether your Ref 1 number changes on your monthly billing.

And when you want to change certain limits you may have setup on your ibanking account you must get a OTP to make that change....I always keep my transfers limits set to zero baht for additional security until I need to make a transfer...then I increase it driving the OTP need...I make the transfer....then I set the transfer limit back to zero for additional security driving the OTP need. Other things will drive the need for a OTP also. And its one of Murphy Laws that thing that will drive a OTP need will occur when you are outside of Thailand.

Edited by Pib

I just saw on bangkok bank web, they have "token" for corporate internet banking... but too bad i dont own business in thai sad.png

Isn't it just easier and cheaper to make sure you have enough validity/credit for however long "some time" is?

I just saw on bangkok bank web, they have "token" for corporate internet banking... but too bad i dont own business in thai sad.png

Isn't it just easier and cheaper to make sure you have enough validity/credit for however long "some time" is?

do you know which operator give cheapest & longest validity for thai simcard ? last time i checked truemove is like 1k baht for like 150 days validity

Try using roaming on you Thai number overseas.

To avoid large bill, just open the phone with the Thai number sim to receive your OTP .

I was in Canada last year and I received my Thai bank OTP this way during my holidays.

Be sure your phone and sim provider can be used in your country.

do you know which operator give cheapest & longest validity for thai simcard ? last time i checked truemove is like 1k baht for like 150 days validity

Sorry not up to speed on this but lot of threads in the past in the mobile phone section. From memory about 360 baht for AIS before (30 baht per month) not including calls for a year. Suggest maybe ask the question there as many people have the same issue.