Govt Wants Motor Show Model Outfits to Reflect 'Thainess'

webfact

Some travel agents in Australia have stickers on the hotel magazines for Thailand which read ""Thailand is under Junta rule"" it's calm for now , but please be aware you are visiting a state under military control.""

This is Thai-ness given the number of coups .

Why not dress the models in army uniforms with obey written on their shirts ?

It's a very honest , truthful statement of where the country is at.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do they pick these culture ministers? Is it a prerequisite that they are old fashioned and behind the times.

The first edition of the Orwellian-sounding "Ministry of Culture" was headed by the daughter of the "Godfather of Chonburi", provincial mafiosi and convicted murderer Somchai Khonpluem or "Kamnan Poh". Which is pretty apt, and tells you enough about real Thai culture. gigglem.gif

If you need a ministry for culture, perhaps you don't really have any.?

There is no such thing as Thainess.

in the context of the motor show, the exhibitors could put up large banners explaining why Thailand imposes 100 per cent duty on imported cars.

They could also offer to assemble cars from "spare parts" imported to order.

and as for the Thainess of the Pretties.....try this..

post-59640-0-21931800-1458360298_thumb.j

He is a bit late for that. Not many years ago you would not see women going shopping in short shorts but it is quite common now, spaghetti straps, etc. The country has moved on while the MP remains in the dark ages. Where do they pick these culture ministers? Is it a prerequisite that they are old fashioned and behind the times.

You are right in describing the present UNFORTUNATE situation, you are WRONG in saying that the MP remains in the dark ages. I may be old fashioned and I do like looking at good looking ladies (young and elder), but I regret the way young ladies dress and behave nowadays, in Thailand and in other western countries. I think a lady is just as attractive if properly dressed and not half naked!

Is Thailand very far away from having morality police squads roaming the streets looking whatever they might deem to be improper?

I guess the coup leader's clearly prudent attitude can only carry so much weight, though, and not enough to close down the world-famous sex trade.

If the Culture Minister cared to check some historical references, he would have discovered that until pretty recently, the Thai women were walking bare breasted. Had something to do with the hot climate? Only after the influx of prude Chinese, and their insistence on covering all that things changed.

So yeah, I for one would definitely welcome the return to the Traditional Thainess.

Indeed, it was only as recent as 15 January 1941 that the government of Field Marshal Plaek Pibulsonggram issued the cultural mandate, 'On Thai dress,' where Thai people were encouraged to adopt Western, as opposed to traditional, attire which—at that time—still consisted of women going about their daily business topless.

Thai_culture_poster.PNG

So to keep in line with real Thainess, they should go back to the illustration on the left, i.e. topless.

What people want and expect to see are the pretty's. The more exposure the better.

Ever seen the pilep of photographer taking pics of the best and most revealig pretty's at the various car exhibits?

And globally Thianess means that endearing Thai smile coupled with the interest from the global order of sexpats.

And every single Thai man's secret desires professed (albeit under cover of darkness and secrecy) through engaging with their many Karaoke girls, Gik's and Mia Noys.

Does the cultural minister mean that these pretty's should all wear the sin as they do still in Laos? Attendance at the annual auto shows will seriously suffer.

To be fair - these girls add nothing to the motor show.

All that happens is that a bunch of adolescent serial masturbators crowd the girls taking pictures with their SLRs, completely blocking out any view you might have had of the actual car.

Lol...

All that happens is that a bunch of adolescent serial masturbators crowd the girls taking pictures with their SLRs, completely blocking out any view you might have had of the actual car.

They have cars there?

If the Culture Minister cared to check some historical references, he would have discovered that until pretty recently, the Thai women were walking bare breasted. Had something to do with the hot climate? Only after the influx of prude Chinese, and their insistence on covering all that things changed.

So yeah, I for one would definitely welcome the return to the Traditional Thainess.

My neighbor and his Thai wife saw a thai girl walking down the street with no top on. Not once but twice. His wife got a good laugh at seeing this. Don't know the story about the girl was all about though. Wouldn't offend he one bit.

Edited by Beats56

The old website logo of the thai culture ministry is still on google. Search

thai culture ministry. And then select images

Sent from my Vi10Pro using Tapatalk

http://www.womenlearnthai.com/photos-post/thai-ministry-culture.jpg

Was funny as hell when the culture ministry was thundering in

indignation when there were there three topless girls dancing

during Songkran a year or so ago. While at the exact same time

their official website had a photo of bare breasted ladies.

So I say heck yeah. Bring back Thainess, and have all the motor

show pretties be bare breasted !!!!

To be fair ...you are blind as a bat.

'Culture Minister Veera Rojpojanarat on Friday said his team had visited Grand Prix International Plc ... to make sure that their models only dress in a way appropriate for Thai culture.' I wonder how close an examination that required? Besides, I would have thought their dress code exactly reflects Thainess.

Govt Wants Motor Show Model Outfits to Reflect ‘Thainess’

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen

Staff Reporter

14582910411458291056l.jpg

In this Dec. 1, 2015 file photo, a car model, known as a ‘pretty’, poses for a photograph at Bangkok’s Motor Show.

BANGKOK — As the biggest Motor Show on the Bangkok calendar pulls into town next week, the Ministry of Culture Friday launched its annual moral campaign against models who show too much skin.

Culture Minister Veera Rojpojanarat on Friday said his team had visited Grand Prix International Plc, the organizer of Bangkok International Motor Show, to make sure that their models only dress in a way appropriate for Thai culture.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458291041

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2016-03-18

When gov is telling motor show models what to wear thats very wrong for number of reasons.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

What the heck is soooo indecent of a human body that it needs to be covered for seedy reasons of morality? You may not remember, but you were born naked and cloth's were simply meant to protect the body from the heat and cold.

Edited by Lupatria

Personally i see nothing wrong with this. I think Thailand should preserve some of its heritage and culture and be something different than just another western FHM show. If you really need your libido stroked you know where to find the p4p scene