Am i the biggest tight arse

Tazzza

Been with my GF for 3 years and refuse to give her money

on regular basis.. every February there is a constant fight about money.

She has 20 acres of rubber and the price of rubber has halved. And now for 3 month there is no rubber and no rain.

Now.. i need honest replies .

I hate the thought of regular payment die to paying my ex Child support for 10 years.

Do any of you guys feel resentment paying money every month.

Edited by Tazzza

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your first mistake is, the assumption that the rubber prices have halved. This is not true. The price was 68 THB per kilo untreated rubber three years ago compared to 14 THB per kilo now. I would not call it halved. It has dropped to suicide level !

Then your typical thai/farang relationship should be based on you, the stronger income earner, supplying the woman you love. If you are not willing to take care of her, why are you together?

You can hardly make a living out of 20 rai of rubber trees. You call that "living" ? It is called "vegetating" or "enduring" in my place.

. . and yes, the ongoing drought in the northeast of Thailand is seriously affecting the food chain and the incomes of farmers. It is life threatening. It is near being a catastrophe already.

Edited by crazygreg44

What DO you contribute to the relationship....?

I contribute a little money here and there. But i know i have to do more.. and i know im selfish.. i suppose i need to hear these comments to wake up so to speak

your first mistake is, the assumption that the rubber prices have halved. This is not true. The price was 68 THB per kilo untreated rubber three years ago compared to 14 THB per kilo now. I would not call it halved. It has dropped to suicide level !

Then your typical thai/farang relationship should be based on you, the stronger income earner, supplying the woman you love. If you are not willing to take care of her, why are you together?

You can hardly make a living out of 20 rai of rubber trees. You call that "living" ? It is called "vegetating" or "enduring" in my place.

. . and yes, the ongoing drought in the northeast of Thailand is seriously affecting the food chain and the incomes of farmers. It is life threatening. It is near being a catastrophe already.

Not a mistake.. 79 baht per kilo treated and now 45b

But you are right..i need to start taking care of her.. 3 years tells me she is not agold digger.

Correct .... if you are giving very little to help her then it's not really a relationship and is simply unfair.

How much longer will she endure you without a more substantial backing ?

Man up and start acting like it's for real and not just one sided .................... blink.png

Not a mistake.. 79 baht per kilo treated and now 45b
But you are right..i need to start taking care of her.. 3 years tells me she is not agold digger.

for one kilo of treated rubber you need almost 3 kiloes of untreated raw latex. They work for nothing to a satang. My extened family all and sundry sell the untreated latex, it does not pay a cent to treat it and the labour is extensive

You should be ready and willing to take a little care, on a regular base. Makes keeping a household easier when you know your fixed budget.

We would need to see a photo of your gf,

before we could decide if she were worth paying or not.

ah ... she is nice !! where did you meet her .... certainly not at any ordinary bar ....

she's worth giving 10k a month at least !!

lucky guy ....blink.png

She has the face of someone who only a mother could love,Tazza you are doing far more than any other man I know just by taking care of her,how you must feel when you awake in the morning and see her face on the pillow next to you only god knows...............you are truly a saint cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

But but but ,...............dont they call it the "sufficiency economy" as approved right from the top

i cant put my finger on it but................I hate to tell you she dyes her hair..............she just lost all credibility for me

Is she really a "farmer"?

Did you pay for the rubber plantation start up, or was it an existing "venture" funded by her, or someone else, before you entered the scene? If the latter, it would hinge on "full disclosure" once you guys decided to hook up. Depending on finances, I wouldn't be inclined to supplement a failing farm business I had no knowledge of or vested interest in.

Sometimes you have to be selfish to save yourself, else be on here 3 more years from now, bitter about being strung along and taken for an idiot for 6 years. Most of the guys on here would laugh and say you shoulda left 3 years earlier.

Edited by 55Jay

I personally would never give a gf a monthly 'wage'. If we got married and had kids then yes I would as I would want to take care of my family.

I wouldn't give a girlfriend in England money on a monthly basis and I certainly wouldn't do it here.

My sentences above may explain why I am currently single haha :)

ah ... she is nice !! where did you meet her .... certainly not at any ordinary bar ....

she's worth giving 10k a month at least !!

lucky guy ....blink.png

Nothing a cricket bat couldn't fix