ignoring the 90 day reporting

Immigration Act:-

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

• Typically people are fined 2,000 baht for not reporting. If you miss multiple reports then I guess you'd get fined the maximum.
  • If you are arrested they can fine you 4,000 baht.

Immigration website:-

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

There are no other consequences beyond the fines.

Edited by elviajero

Although I've been doing it for years, the final eleven months of my last extension was put on hold until I provided the receipt (I left it at home). This was at CW.

Please could you explain that further.

Do you mean you went to report, but they wouldn't let you because you didn't have the receipt for the last report?

• Like 1

Wonder if the fines are cumulative for each reporting period you missed? If not, then frankly for the 4,000 baht I would say fine me. But I am sure at some point they would not be happy and something else would happen. Maybe more hassles next time you try to renew an extension, or change a visa, etc. rarely is a good idea to get flagged for things

• Like 1

Immigration Act:-

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

• Typically people are fined 2,000 baht for not reporting. If you miss multiple reports then I guess you'd get fined the maximum.
  • If you are arrested they can fine you 4,000 baht.

Immigration website:-

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

There are no other consequences beyond the fines.

The max fine is 5000 and they will impose it. Also they can impose another 200 baht per day fine that is indefinite until you do report. So by not doing any 90 day reporting g you could be seeing an extra 60,000 baht tag for your year stay.

• Like 1

Although I've been doing it for years, the final eleven months of my last extension was put on hold until I provided the receipt (I left it at home). This was at CW.

I have removed several posts relating to this post and replies to them.

I understood what he was writing about.

He apparently applied for an extension of stay and was given a under consideration stamp a with report back date 30 days later. When he went back to get his extension stamp they would not do it because he did not have the receipt for the last 90 day report he did in his passport.

The one error was saying he got the remaining 11 months since it is actually the 12 month extension stamp dated from the end of his the permit to stay he was extending.

• Like 2

He apparently applied for an extension of stay and was given a under consideration stamp a with report back date 30 days later. When he went back to get his extension stamp they would not do it because he did not have the receipt for the last 90 day report he did in his passport.

The one error was saying he got the remaining 11 months since it is actually the 12 month extension stamp dated from the end of his the permit to stay he was extending.

not clear

• Like 1

not clear

What?

A two word post is certainly not clear.

• Like 1

just one question . this may be on the site some where.!!

But if people are on long overstays and get caught ! then get banned from re- entering Thailand . would they get deported ? if so who pays ? . if its them and they have no money what happens then ? just curious as seems so many people don,t seem to take this seriously

But if people are on long overstays and get caught ! then get banned from re- entering Thailand . would they get deported ? if so who pays ? . if its them and they have no money what happens then ? just curious as seems so many people don,t seem to take this seriously

A person found to be on overstay would/could be arrested and detained. They would be taken to court where their fate would be decided. Detention would continue until such time as the person had paid any fine and a ticket out of the country was obtained.

• Like 1

They get sent to the Immigration Detention Center in Bangkok aka IDC. Their embassy is notified and the embassy will notify somebody back home for the funds. Embassies will not bail you out. BTW the IDC is a shyt hole you don't want to go there. There are individuals that have spent their remaining life and died in the IDC.

• Like 1

not clear

What?

A two word post is certainly not clear.

A wind up sure.

Your answer was clear and informative.

Another topic about whatvine has to do.

Not understand why people not want to do the report demanded by law

Can be dkne in person, by mail and on the internet.

If you have problems with rules as a foreigner.

Go home and stay there.

Out you home country you just are a tolerated guest.

• Like 2

not clear

He went to do his annual extension of stay and he was caught out for lack of evidence for having done the 90 day reports.

Whenever you go to your local immigration office for whatever reason they can bring up your record on the computer or at least check in your passport for the last report slip, so if you're not doing the 90 day reports it will be apparent to them.

The explanation given by Ubonjoe was a clear interpretation of the post in question, which wasn't that difficult to understand in the first place.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

A policeman once explained to me that if I paid ฿2000.- plus tea money on receiving the extension, I would have no need to do my 90 days reporting. Apparently a few people have done this. I doubt that this is any longer possible and I wonder how the police managed the paper work.

I was told all sorts of strange stuff all of which seemed to be scams to me. Sorry, maybe off topic.

whistling.gif If you are absolutely serious about doing no 90 day reports....there is a way to do it legally,

That is because on an extension you need to report only when you are in country for a period of more than 90 days at a time.

So if you have a one year extension, to your visa and you buy yourself a multiple exit re-entry permit for that period for 3100 Baht to cover that period....then you can leave the country every 89 days and not have to ever file a 90 day report.

Each time you re-enter the country, your 90 day reporting clock will reset itself.....which means your next 90 day report will be due 90 days after you return.

Therefore, by leaving every 89 days and then returning a few days later you will not be required to ever file a 90 day report as you will only be in country 89 days at each trip.

This is legal, and possible, but it will cost you more on ticket fares than simply filing 90 day reports as otherwise required...but if you want to make that choice, as I said before....it is legal and no one is stopping you from doing it.

Rather like cutting off your nose to spite your face as they say.....but it is your choice if you want to.

• Like 1

I really do fail to see the reason behind this post!

If you have an extension of a Visa, you know that you have, by law, to make a 90 day report.

By making this post, you obviously have the ability to use the internet - therefore you also should have the ability (if unable to physically attend your local Immigration), to make the 90 day report on line!

This would be correct if the online reporting actually worked.

For many it does not.

I have tried from 3 Different Computers to report on line without success! many times! trying to save 1000Baht of fuel.

If you have an extension of a Visa, you know that you have, by law, to make a 90 day report.

By making this post, you obviously have the ability to use the internet - therefore you also should have the ability (if unable to physically attend your local Immigration), to make the 90 day report on line!

For many it does not.

I have tried from 3 Different Computers to report on line without success! many times! trying to save 1000Baht of fuel.

As an IT professional, I must say that this on-line reporting service is the most broken and amateurish web site I've seen in quite a while. First, AFAIK it's only usable through Internet Explorer which is by itself a red card in 2016. With all the fancy animated icons and flashy colors but badly broken functionality, it looks like some personal blog page hastily brought up by a high-school student over a rainy week-end.

How do the Immigration Service expect to be taken seriously when they don't spend some money to have the web service designed by a good company? There certainly are many businesses in Thailand able to do a proper and well-designed site that will scale up and the cost wouldn't push the country's deficit in the red. The current site has obviously been developed by rank amateurs.

Or is this thing only for the show and they don't really want people to use on-line reporting because this leaves less opportunities for arbitrary requirements for documents and possibly asking for tea money? I have to wonder.

Edited by Lannig
  • Like 1

Just as a bit of info, I went for my retirement extension this morning and one of the documents I had to sign was about overstay both visa and 90 days. The penalties were also listed...sorry I didn't make a note of them and they didn't give me a copy. Since I have to go back for the decision in May I did not receive a a 90 day insert.

For many it does not.

As an IT professional, I must say that this on-line reporting service is the most broken and amateurish web site I've seen in quite a while. First, AFAIK it's only usable through Internet Explorer which is by itself a red card in 2016. With all the fancy animated icons and flashy colors but badly broken functionality, it looks like some personal blog page hastily brought up by a high-school student over a rainy week-end.

How do the Immigration Service expect to be taken seriously when they don't spend some money to have the web service designed by a good company? There certainly are many businesses in Thailand able to do a proper and well-designed site that will scale up and the cost wouldn't push the country's deficit in the red. The current site has obviously been developed by rank amateurs.

Or is this thing only for the show and they don't really want people to use on-line reporting because this leaves less opportunities for arbitrary requirements for documents and possibly asking for tea money? I have to wonder.

I agree with your comments on the website and the same applies to the Embassy and Consulate websites around the world.

I think you'll find Immigration are as frustrated by 90 day reporting as foreigners are, and would prefer we all reported online or that the law/enforcement was changed.

Just for everyone's info

I did my 1 year, multiple entry retirement extension today at Changwattana.

As smooth as silk and only took about 3 hours....biggrin.pngclap2.gif

Cheers

Good for you.

I usually do mine in KhonKaen in 30 mins.

I do realize that CW will take a lot longer.

Get all your ducks lined up and problems should be few.