Pattaya locals watch in horror as Englishman attempts gruesome suicide

webfact

Deport him back to England, he'll find a lot of support there I am sure.............well, maybe. Hope he has enough money to pay the hospital bills.

If he is a British citizen , England offers free health care, at least they did last time I checked , just like in my country Norway.

So if I can afford a ticket home the help will be there if I ever should need it.

No, Britain doesn't offer free healthcare to all it's citizens and hasn't for a long time. Those ones that have been resident in a country outside of the EU for more than 6 months don't qualify and are not eligible until they have been resident back in the EU area for 1 year.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deport him back to England, he'll find a lot of support there I am sure.............well, maybe. Hope he has enough money to pay the hospital bills.

If he is a British citizen , England offers free health care, at least they did last time I checked , just like in my country Norway.

So if I can afford a ticket home the help will be there if I ever should need it.

No, Britain doesn't offer free healthcare to all it's citizens and hasn't for a long time. Those ones that have been resident in a country outside of the EU for more than 6 months don't qualify and are not eligible until they have been resident back in the EU area for 1 year.

With all the Germans and Brits in Pattaya...it is almost like being in the EU. You even have same fears of Russian invasion !

Incorrect - UK no longer offers healthcare if you have been out of the country for over 3 years. UK citizens i.e - different of course if you are a migrant!

This is from the NHS website -'Living in a non-bilateral healthcare agreement country?'

'If you choose to go and live permanently (or for more than 3 months each year) in a country with which the UK does not have a bilateral health agreement, then you will not normally be eligible for free NHS hospital treatment during a visit to the UK, no matter how long you may have lived here in the past. You may, however, be exempt from charges if you meet one of the other exemption criteria, for example because you are working abroad and have been doing so for less than 5 years.'

Interestingly the chap may be able to get help. Any British citizen resident abroad outside of the EEA who requires compulsory mental healthcare treatment can receive the full cost of the treatment for free if they go back to the UK for it.

Just found out who this lad is. Don't know him like a best mate but he always seemed like a decent bloke and had a decent little business renting motorbikes in bang saray. Terrible news. Hope he gets his shit together and sorts himself out.

Thailand is only good for short term visits.

Don't come here with the idea that your going to make a living making a "small" business

with the thai girlfriend.

Unless you are really swimming in the money.

Everyone will steal from the till as they think of you being able to afford it.

besides your the one that can go home and make some more money for them.

Its a win win for them and a disaster for you.

If something horrific like this ocurred in the UK

Women would "hurry" children away from the scene, not stand there gawking like spectators at a sport event.

I guess this is an example in the difference between Western and Asian mentality.

Hope the Guy gets the help he obviously needs

"I guess this is an example in the difference between Western and Asian mentality."

And making sweeping comments about us versus them is an example of Thai Visa farang mentality.

The guy who did this is from the UK, but you're saying that is indicative of superior western mentality? And the behavior of stunned bystanders is what's an important negative distinction of Asian mentality? How often do things like this happen in UK? So often that you know how everyone in the UK would react?

Seems to me that the poor guy was more asking for attention than actually wanting to take his own life.

Doing the same thing behind a closed bathroom-door without onlookers would be certainly more succesfull in case of a real death-wish.

Let's hope he recovers both physically and mentally.

Thailand is only good for short term visits.

Don't come here with the idea that your going to make a living making a "small" business

with the thai girlfriend.

Unless you are really swimming in the money.

Everyone will steal from the till as they think of you being able to afford it.

besides your the one that can go home and make some more money for them.

Its a win win for them and a disaster for you.

You've been burnt eh...........sad.png

All one need do is look at his user name...WalkingATM333.....5555

Yep, better off going home before it even gets close to this type of situation......

Tragically many westerners are led to believe that "affordable" Thailand offers a unique form of "paradise", that will spiritually transform their lives, to the Sunny_Side_Of_The_Street.

Sadly enough, many discover (often too late) that all of Asia, is just nothing more than a huge sponge, to the naive westerner.

Bang saray is enough to do anybodies bead in. It has nothing going for it .

Nonsense! Bang Saray does absolutely nothing to harm any foreigner. Those foreigners requiring a "headache-free" retirement lifestyle, anywhere in Thailand, must needs bring that life-style to Thailand, or any place else in Asia, for that matter. If you bring an empty (vacuumed) life to Thailand, then that's exactly what you'll achieve, in Thailand. Period! whistling.gif

Consult with the Russians. They'll give you the clues, to prevent a lose.

Seems to me that the poor guy was more asking for attention than actually wanting to take his own life.

Doing the same thing behind a closed bathroom-door without onlookers would be certainly more succesfull in case of a real death-wish.

Let's hope he recovers both physically and mentally.

Physically, yes! Mentally, whistling.gif

Women would "hurry" children away from the scene, not stand there gawking like spectators at a sport event.

I guess this is an example in the difference between Western and Asian mentality.

You seriously think that no one would be watching this event back at home and everyone would walk away? I don't think so.

If they did, it's just because back in Western countries people are treated like babies and shielded from death. It's not a good thing. What about the good old days when public executions were entertainment? Now it's on film instead.

It was possible it was another cry for help as he did it in a public place. People who are serious about dying generally do it in private.

Assisted suicide patients are serious about dying.

Just my opinion....sad.png Very sad subject.....

The Police and medical teams have a very hard and emotional job. Next time anyone criticizes the Police, think about the stresses they have to endure and live with, please.

Ex cop here, EMS and LEO have it hard anywhere.

The coppers here deserve every bit of flak they get.

Yep, better off going home before it even gets close to this type of situation......

depending where you live in the UK!..................could be worse than pattaya,long NHS queues,no indigenous people,only immigrants etc etc.

'No indigenous people, only immigrants...' I bet you an ice cold imported beer, the Thais say exactly the same thing when they moan about, pattaya, assorted 'Koh's' Chiang Mai and BKKK (third 'K;' added cos I like clever 'word pictures' in other words, parts of BKK are so white, the KKK... ahh nevermind).

Most likely it's a difference b/w people living in a economically developed society vs a developing one, not purely East vs West.

So maybe he did not have access to his condo balcony?? Poor bugger, wish him the best.

Maybe he lives on the 2nd or 3rd floor and the ground under the balcony is a lawn?

• 2 months later...

Hope he recovers and realises that there's always a better option than killing oneself.

Not always .Remember that song from the 60 s .I think song by the Mamas and Papas , ''suicide is painless (done the right way ) ,and brings on many changes .''

Its a option ,i personally keep in my back pocket .

Hope he recovers and realises that there's always a better option than killing oneself.

Not always .Remember that song from the 60 s .I think song by the Mamas and Papas , ''suicide is painless (done the right way ) ,and brings on many changes .''

Its a option ,i personally keep in my back pocket .

Exit bag?seems more civilized than a condo

• 3 weeks later...

The UK embassy needs to get this guy put of Thailand. What's his pending legal cases, which he has stress over. 3 attempts now are cries for help. If he wanted his life over he could just jump off a high rise building like so many others do. Hope he gets help.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

agree ,this  is a cry for help the sad thing is he wont get it in this country, 3 attempts, notice he does it in public hoping to be saved. if one realy wants to end it all they would do it in private, needs to get out of this country fast, had a relative done this,( i am going to hang myself) but when he finally did it no one came to rescue him as he had done this before, had to turn of his machine at the hospital as he would have been a vegetable, a great shame.

Archived