THE England thread

rijit

Just now, alfieconn said:

Iv'e tried Google but no joy and being as you made the comment i thought you might know !

I do know thanks. As I said this type of discussion and all these DFLA tossas have no place in football. Football is the only matter that should be discussed here so I'm not furnishing discussions about anything else going forward.

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45911597

Got to say I completely agree with him. It's overkill. It's not going to feel as special when we play the big countries on major tournaments anymore.

Nah.. typical  self  centered IGNORANT  prem arguement  'the football world is only about me and my club'... IT ISNT.  the nations lge is  about  the smaller nations  getting a decent crack of the whip playing teams on their own level and MAYBE ACTUALLY WINNING ON THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE  and a chance to qualify for the bigger tournmount 

21 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Nah.. typical  self  centered IGNORANT  prem arguement  'the football world is only about me and my club'... IT ISNT.  the nations lge is  about  the smaller nations  getting a decent crack of the whip playing teams on their own level and MAYBE ACTUALLY WINNING ON THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE  and a chance to qualify for the bigger tournmount 

Why don't you explain the rules of this tourament to us 3by2 cos I don't get it at all?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

I thought the Nations league was about football associations looking to generate more revenue from an already overloaded seasons fixture schedule and dreaming up some name the Nations  League, to add substance to something that is a complete and utter waste of time?

Apparently it is part of European Cup qualifying...

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Thanks 3by2...so not a bad idea in theory but open to some interesting team selections early doors.

You might ask if Scotland fancy dropping down to the last tier early on.....? :w00t:

Its all been a masterplan after all....we're not really that crap.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I thought the Nations league was about football associations looking to generate more revenue from an already overloaded seasons fixture schedule and dreaming up some name the Nations  League, to add substance to something that is a complete and utter waste of time?

Nailed.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Thanks 3by2...so not a bad idea in theory but open to some interesting team selections early doors.

You might ask if Scotland fancy dropping down to the last tier early on.....? :w00t:

Scotland and other nations down the peckin order get a chance to play other teams CURRENTLY at their level in a competative enviroment ..without stating the obvious   the benefits are endless.. and on TOP of that they get a few quid for doing it..   all round win. Win, .

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Without making an issue ronnie, its 'minus' not 'by', using 'by' in that sentence...well  it just aint nice...

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

:w00t: I had no idea you were so sensitive. I'll search for the minus on my keyboard. :tongue:

Its not me being sensitive ronnie

Race same as politics sports aint the right placeb4 it  but  not being sensitive its  me not being a @€@/... desipher as you choose    oh and good to see lamella in crooks team of the week.. hes got that right but the rest wrong he NEVER been this good b4  flash's  but he's got the feel of  REAL GAME CHANGER  u reckon?

16 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Is it a bit weird like. Spurs fan called 3 minus 2. Sounds like it anyway. Seems like a daft name given the connotations. Well thought through!!!

What connotations? I’ve never heard of it. Is it the same as calling someone a 4 by 2 slang wise?

Just now, Kadilo said:

What connotations? I’ve never heard of it. Is it the same as calling someone a 4 by 2 slang wise?

I think so I'm not too genned up on the derogatory terms and only remembered it when ronny called 32 a 3by2. But yh it sounds like it anyway you put a 2 at the end you get it sounding like Due.

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I think so I'm not too genned up on the derogatory terms and only remembered it when ronny called 32 a 3by2. But yh it sounds like it anyway you put a 2 at the end you get it sounding like Due.

Ok. I’ve only ever heard a Jewish person referred to as a 4 by 2 in these parts. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46089205

Not  knocking the sentiment about raising money for his charity but why does it have to be recognised with an England Cap, or recognised as his final game? Just seems like another pointless friendly in order to honour what?

Lets play Crouchy too so he can get a final cap and officially retire from intentantional football too if we are gong down that road. His England goal to game ratio knocks spots of him. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46089205

Not  knocking the sentiment about raising money for his charity but why does it have to be recognised with an England Cap, or recognised as his final game? Just seems like another pointless friendly in order to honour what?

Lets play Crouchy too so he can get a final cap and officially retire from intentantional football too if we are gong down that road. His England goal to game ratio knocks spots of him. 

Devalues what it means to get a cap for your country.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Devalues what it means to get a cap for your country.

Exactly. That’s the bit I don’t get. If they want to do these meaningless games for charity, then fine I get that side of it but another cap? Rooney will probably play 20 minutes or so, then everyone in the crowd will have to pretend he is legend and give him a standing ovation whilst cringing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Exactly. That’s the bit I don’t get. If they want to do these meaningless games for charity, then fine I get that side of it but another cap? Rooney will probably play 20 minutes or so, then everyone in the crowd will have to pretend he is legend and give him a standing ovation whilst cringing. 

its an absolute nonsense.

cant see why the moans,  the  record goalscorer 120 ish caps   capt for many of them  imo he deserves a send off, its the decent/'family'  thing to do, besides that, commercially / pr it makes sense. 

edit ,, ask an england debutant if rooney getting a cap for his farewell in ANY WAY devalues his cap? i can 100% guarantee the ans will be NO  

Edited by 3 minus 2

On 11/5/2018 at 3:07 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

cant see why the moans,  the  record goalscorer 120 ish caps   capt for many of them  imo he deserves a send off, its the decent/'family'  thing to do, besides that, commercially / pr it makes sense. 

edit ,, ask an england debutant if rooney getting a cap for his farewell in ANY WAY devalues his cap? i can 100% guarantee the ans will be NO  

Ofcourse it devalues it.  It's just plain wrong.