THE England thread

rijit

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Naaaaaaah England have no midfield creativity....not happening.

That's the problem. They might find some. It depends whether some of the youngsters flourish.

I think it's only a 'might'.

I think they are dining at the top table though.

9 hours ago, carmine said:

We've played Croatia twice now recently and both times its plain to see we are lacking a Luka Modric. He's bossed us.   Winks is a very good young player but he's way off being a Modric.

As usual England fans getting carried away when theres little yet to get carried away about.

Reality check;  we played crap sides in the world cup until we were soundly beaten by the first good side and this is our first win in this latest farce of a competition.  We have some talented young players but i wouldn't get remotely excited until we've seem how team and manager performs at the next euro championships.

Perspective is important, but now you are over reacting the other way.

Why don't you read what the Spanish press have to say?

8 hours ago, balo said:

Good job England , somehow I question how much Spain want to succeed in this competition , but beating them at home so they lose for the first time in 17 years is still an achievement. 

'somehow I question how much Spain want to succeed in this competition'

Enough to have thumped Croatia 6-1 (as i recall). And in the second half they hardly looked like a team ready to tamely accept defeat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

'somehow I question how much Spain want to succeed in this competition'

Enough to have thumped Croatia 6-1 (as i recall). And in the second half they hardly looked like a team ready to tamely accept defeat.

Fully agree. The way they were diving all over the show to buy a free kick and the way they celebrated their goals told me they really wanted the win

9 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Perspective is important, but now you are over reacting the other way.

Why don't you read what the Spanish press have to say?

Nah, in Spain, especially after the world cup disappointment, they feel its probably time to have a pop at their national team, and this was an opportunity, despite England playing very well.

Why can't England fans get things into a "proper" perspective?  Thats our first really good result.  Bitched by Modric in the WC cup semis, bitched by Modric yet again a few days ago and now the skies the limit again!!!  Its incredibly irritating.  We just got the luckiest ever draw in the WC and results since reflect reality, which is.......theres a long long way to go.  But, with respect to Southgate, i do like the way he's gone straight to youth which is the only way forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Nah, in Spain, especially after the world cup disappointment, they feel its probably time to have a pop at their national team, and this was an opportunity, despite England playing very well.

Why can't England fans get things into a "proper" perspective?  Thats our first really good result.  Bitched by Modric in the WC cup semis, bitched by Modric yet again a few days ago and now the skies the limit again!!!  Its incredibly irritating.  We just got the luckiest ever draw in the WC and results since reflect reality, which is.......theres a long long way to go.  But, with respect to Southgate, i do like the way he's gone straight to youth which is the only way forward.

Cos with the youngest english team for 60 years england have gone to a 'leading '  european nation arguably NOT been taken seriousely and for 45 mins made them pay and took them apart.  Then had to change their shape and defend deep  , which had they been able to do in the w/c .. who knows and the other night against croatia.. southgate is  confident enuf to change the system and help  nulify croatia,   modric hardly BITCHED anyone they barely threatened pickford and we SHOULD have spanked them.  So from an unexpected success in the wc with a well drilled yet unflexible system in place,  with the aid of what you call 'meaningless   international break/games  southgate has moved the youth in and tactically moved the squad up a level  THATS progress and thats 'perspective' its called a balanced view ie  seeing and recognising  the overall picture and seeing the  progress as opposed to prioritising

just the negative.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Cos with the youngest english team for 60 years england have gone to a 'leading '  european nation arguably NOT been taken seriousely and for 45 mins made them pay and took them apart.  Then had to change their shape and defend deep  , which had they been able to do in the w/c .. who knows and the other night against croatia.. southgate is  confident enuf to change the system and help  nulify croatia,   modric hardly BITCHED anyone they barely threatened pickford and we SHOULD have spanked them.  So from an unexpected success in the wc with a well drilled yet unflexible system in place,  with the aid of what you call 'meaningless   international break/games  southgate has moved the youth in and tactically moved the squad up a level  THATS progress and thats 'perspective' its called a balanced view ie  seeing overall the positive  progress as opposed to prioritising just the negative.

Modric ran the semi final from the moment after we had scored.  If you like change "bitched" to "ran the show" then fine by me.  Same deal.  And no great deal of difference second time round.  Credit where credit due,  great performance against Spain but try to remember they are the first top flight team we've beaten,  is all i'm saying.  When they've repeated the same against three or four others over the next twelve months i'll get slightly more excited, but still remembering we are usually fine in qualifying, again against lesser sides,  and implode come the finals when we have to play the big boys.  Or unless we get a draw through to the quarters like we did in Russia.

in short, you believe your perspective represents a balanced view.

My perspective is far more on the side of caution because aside of a fine win against Spain and getting through what could possibly have been the easiest draw in world cup final history i really can't see all this great progress you are talking about.  I merely see a step in the right direction.  if thats prioritizing the negative then so be it.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Modric ran the semi final from the moment after we had scored.  If you like change "bitched" to "ran the show" then fine by me.  Same deal.  And no great deal of difference second time round.  Credit where credit due,  great performance against Spain but try to remember they are the first top flight team we've beaten,  is all i'm saying.  When they've repeated the same against three or four others over the next twelve months i'll get slightly more excited, but still remembering we are usually fine in qualifying, again against lesser sides,  and implode come the finals when we have to play the big boys.  Or unless we get a draw through to the quarters like we did in Russia.

Modric hardly ran the show the other night he createď next to nothing and was  almost completly ineffective  .. but hey semantics,,   and that  aint my point.. my point is your arguement  just aint 'balanced' it recognises NOTHING or v little of the progress southgate has made and focus's on pointless  historical stuff with a leaning towards the negative.p  thats history and that cant be changed, southgate and co have moved on from it, we should do the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Modric hardly ran the show the other night he createď next to nothing and was  almost completly ineffective  .. but hey semantics,,   and that  aint my point.. my point is your arguement  just aint 'balanced' it recognises NOTHING or v little of the progress southgate has made and focus's on pointless  historical stuff with a leaning towards the negative.p  thats history and that cant be changed, southgate and co have moved on from it, we should do the same.

At this stage i think you are making far too much or not enough.  

A balanced view at this stage is that we have a talented squad of young players that have the makings of a very good side.  Whats unbalanced about that?  Thats exactly the way it is!!!  Aside of whats now becoming constant praise for finally beating Spain what else is there?  

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

We started from an extremely low place where you could argue that the only way was up. 

Yes there have been improvements, yes he has brought in youth which is the right thing to do but to keep things in perspective we are still way a long way off from consistently being one of the best just because we beat one top team ( not their best side by a long way)one time in a nothing tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

We started from an extremely low place where you could argue that the only way was up. 

Yes there have been improvements, yes he has brought in youth which is the right thing to do but to keep things in perspective we are still way a long way off from consistently being one of the best just because we beat one top team ( not their best side by a long way)one time in a nothing tournament. 

Perspective!!!

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Perspective!!!

Really, where? , a balance yes if you want a standard off the shelf footballing stock clique

fine

but in  perspectiveand accurate  hardly,  without wanting waste  more of my time  his case  starts with a  'v low place' wasnt the last competetive place  a wc semi final?

No ones saying we are the finished article  but theres HUGE positives to take from englands current situation that this tournemont through its competative nature has helped realise.

Edited by 3 minus 2

2 hours ago, carmine said:

At this stage i think you are making far too much or not enough.  

A balanced view at this stage is that we have a talented squad of young players that have the makings of a very good side.  Whats unbalanced about that?  Thats exactly the way it is!!!  Aside of whats now becoming constant praise for finally beating Spain what else is there?  

'At this stage i think you are making far  to much  or not enough', how does that work?  and you not being able to see any thing else and  ie 'what else is there 'perhaps highlights an issue in the way you choose to look at the  england squads current situation..a simple clique for you would be glass half empty ect ect

On 10/16/2018 at 2:31 PM, BangrakBob said:

Watching England fans In Seville on TV, looking more and more like a Tommy Robinson rally. 

WHat an embarrassment....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-spain-fans-seville-nations-league-racism-football-lads-alliance-southgate-goals-a8587476.html

• Like 1

Reiss Nelson and Kieran Dowell scored as England Under-21s beat Scotland 2v0 and completed their European Championship qualifying campaign unbeaten.

Scotland, had already missed out on qualification.

England, who had secured their place at next year's finals in Italy with a 7-0 win over Andorra on Thursday, remain unbeaten against Scotland at under-21 level.

Scot Gemmill's side will finish fourth in Group 4, having won four and lost four of their 10 matches.

Not looking too good for you Scottish boys Ronnie then at ANY LEVEL. ????

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On 10/17/2018 at 5:42 PM, BangrakBob said:

Another left wing reporter reporting crap ..............

The FLA is an Islamophobic group whose selling point is that whatever differences may exist between the fans of rival football clubs, they can all come together to demonise Muslims

“By calling themselves the ‘Football Lads Alliance’ they have tried to legitimise their hatred and prejudice, because people think it’s about football,” says Qari Asim, chair of the Mosques & Imams National Advisory Board. “But the rhetoric that comes out of them, and their visible attacks on ethnic minorities, is quite staggering. There is no doubt about the fact they are Islamophobic. They distort Islam and exploit national political issues by perpetuating fear and a sense that Sharia is going to take over the country.” 

I'd like him and Qari Asim to prove the points they make above !

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Reiss Nelson and Kieran Dowell scored as England Under-21s beat Scotland 2v0 and completed their European Championship qualifying campaign unbeaten.

Scotland, had already missed out on qualification.

England, who had secured their place at next year's finals in Italy with a 7-0 win over Andorra on Thursday, remain unbeaten against Scotland at under-21 level.

Scot Gemmill's side will finish fourth in Group 4, having won four and lost four of their 10 matches.

Not looking too good for you Scottish boys Ronnie then at ANY LEVEL. ????

They need to move their WHOLE system on.. its the same old same old stracken to the current manager  is just not progressive  these are old school coach's bring NOTHING new to the table . Bet the <deleted> think a downward dog is a dieng pooch!!. Seriouselt . OLD SCHOOL  dead and dusted

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Another left wing reporter reporting crap ..............

I'd like him and Qari Asim to prove the points they make above !

You a fan of the FLA Alfie? 

The whole article is just a bunch of crap is it? 

The very fact that this flag was raised and obviously condoned speaks volumes about these fans 

The FLA is openly Islamaphobic, just go to youtube and see a march. 

You can't deny the Irish chants, again go to YouTube of this afternoon in Seville  

DpuS_DrUYAAhNRX.jpg-large.jpeg

Edited by BangrakBob

24 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The very fact that this flag was raised and obviously condoned speaks volumes about these fans 

You can't deny the Irish chants, again go to YouTube of this afternoon.   

You a fan of the FLA Alfie? Yes

The whole article is just a bunch of crap is it? Where did i say the whole article is crap ? that's why i highlighted points !

The very fact that this flag was raised and obviously condoned speaks volumes about these fans. Obviously they are against Terrorism and Extremist.

The FLA is openly Islamaphobic, just go to youtube and see a march. Show me quotes from the FLA saying that they are against Muslim's.

You can't deny the Irish chants, again go to YouTube of this afternoon.See answer above to question 2.

What i find amusing with this reporter is that because the FLA are against Terrorism and Extremism he naturally thinks they are against Muslims, that is disgusting of him to assume that and if anyone is a Islamophobe then it is him, does he think that all Terrorist and Extememist are Muslims ? 

So what do you think of the pic below Bobby ? do you think the Muslim ladies are are anti-muslim ?

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You can't deny the Irish chants, again go to YouTube of this afternoon in Seville  

Yep go look at their tweets. Nasty bunch of not very bright racists. West ham recently suspended one of their coaching staff for attending their rallies.. from my expirence of dealing with this type of moron is that you can beat their arguement down and prove them wrong time and time again it makes abso no diference..ignorant and stupid is as ignorant and stupid does  tbh i'm loath to even waste my time discussing such stupidity. IT should have NO PLACE IN FOOTBALL or life in fact.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yep go look at their tweets. Nasty bunch of not very bright racists. West ham recently suspended one of their coaching staff for attending their rallies.. from my expirence of dealing with this type of moron is that you can beat their arguement down and prove them wrong time and time again it makes abso no diference..ignorant and stupid is as ignorant and stupid does  tbh i'm loath to even waste my time discussing such stupidity. IT should have NO PLACE IN FOOTBALL or life in fact.

Their freedoms were fought for the same as yours 3by2....whether you agree with their opinions is up to you but there are rather a lot of them I notice.

The West Ham lad will be reinstated because he has in fact done nothing illegal or in truth wrong in attending a rally which is in fact a basic right in the UK.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Show me a DFLA tweet that is racist.

Trying doing some research on what the DFLA stand for.

Edited by alfieconn

57 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Interesting, I wonder how much that had to do with the air disaster the previous year.

Yeah good point aint thought of that  dificult almost impossible .. but if you took the 'air crash' out of the reckoning wlonder where southgates 'youngsters' stand in the 'all time youmgest england teans

Regarding Rick's point, maybe one of you will be familiar with all the players in the squads of 57, 58 & 59 and then can tell us how many ManU players were in each years squad which should show if munich crash had much affect on England and possibly upon the average team age.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/england/tab/players/season/1957/

https://www.11v11.com/teams/england/tab/players/season/1958/

https://www.11v11.com/teams/england/tab/players/season/1959/

Edited by Bredbury Blue