Cake walk at Jomtien Royal Thai Immigration office

Had to do my 90 day reporting today in Jomtien and it was a breeze....most likely for two reasons......1. Thursday in the early morning. 2. The Big Boss of Immigration was in the house so everything and everybody was acting on their best behavior. ?? Even the front office desk folks were polite and cheerful. Was in and out in under 5 minutes, but it was only a 90 day.....not sure how the rest of the folks were doing, but seemed to be in and out for most. I hope the trend continues right up until all the Songkran crap hits the fan, eh??

I see that my photo is once again upside down? ? Sorry about that....seems to happen each and every time I do photo post? ?

post-66997-0-07530700-1459419192_thumb.j

Edited by ubonjoe
rotated image

^ Was this office in Australia?

Your experience sounds like my own were at times.

I do wonder why at times some folks seem to take hours to do what takes me ten minutes to do and make the process an ordeal for those who have everything ship shape and will be in and out in minutes after their turn at the window!

That is why I began to ask work for a ME visa so I could just hop a flight every few months instead of running the gauntlet of over-zealous officials and inept, bumbling 'expats' at the office every time.

Edited by Merylhighground

Never any problems at Jomtien Immigration. I live two blocks from the office, so even 90 day reports are done in person, no mail-ins. Usually, I'm in and out in fifteen minutes. It must be the most "newbie-friendly" office in Thailand.

• Like 2

Funny that, a neighbour complained that the automatic queuing system at Jomtiem wasn't working on Tuesday or Wednesday and people were queue jumping and causing delays.

On the other hand the person achieved a 90 day reporting despite having done the retirement extension in another region.

I did my last 90 day report around 2.00 pm mid-week at Jomtien last month and was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

When I did my annual extension last year, I had forgotten to take with me proof of my address. I was asked whether I had a Thai driving licence, which I was able to produce. It was copied there and then. Only once had a problem there and that was my own fault.

Alan

The Jomthien Immo office has to be one of the best. Latest escapade was an extension of my retirement visa. A month earlier I had renewed my US passport. I had not noticed that my entry card was no longer in either one of the passports. I had the card number on the form but they could not accept it. Had to go to the Police Station to file a "lost form" report. Whatever you do avoid the Police Station at the north end of Beach Road. Policeman on duty had a Japanese name and looked more Japanese than Thai. Did not want to file a report and kept telling me to go back to Immo. Finally consented after agreeing to accept a tip - cost to file the report 1,000 baht. At that point I just gave up, paid the 1,000, took the form and lugged it back to Immo. No problem. Picked up my passport the next morning and found a new entry card with the old number inked on it. Thanks Immigration but a boo to the Policeman who took my money. I understand it normally costs 20 baht to file a police report.

Agree - The office staff at Jomtien have always been fine. I'm lucky I get to bring my Thai wife with me for help.

And when I compare that to the experience back home in the USA (Dealing with my wife's visa from Thailand), there is no comparison.

Over there - crowded, inaccessible location, get yelled at, slow, etc etc etc.

reporting.................. never had to wait more than 5 minutes

Yes. Can't remember when it's taken me more than a couple of minutes even when the place was very crowded. Even doing the annual extension of stay has been super fast the past several years.

Based on comparative reports on TV about other offices, I would say Jomtien is very efficient and hassle-free.

• Like 2

Never any problems at Jomtien Immigration. I live two blocks from the office, so even 90 day reports are done in person, no mail-ins. Usually, I'm in and out in fifteen minutes. It must be the most "newbie-friendly" office in Thailand.

No sorry but I have to say I read all these reports about all your troubles at various immigration offices all over the country and I have to say that in nine yrs I have never had any slight problem or worry at UDON THANI ,and they have had 3 different locations.This last one seems permanent and the staff are great---- I know them and they know me and it really is like meeting up with old friends.My last extension they took all my papers and gave me a temporary stay stamp.When I queried this she apologised and told me they have to send all to BKK,All was solved in a week or less. I wonder if sometimes people bring it on themselves.Maybe wrongs in application or just plain dress attire or attitude.We are guests here.If you go in politely with that attitude you will come out smilingrolleyes.gifgiggle.gif

Around 2010, it was a Royal PAIN to do a 90 day check in. You needed copies of your passport, pictures, copies of your electric or internet bill and it took up to an hour to queue in. Something happened about a year or so ago, perhaps they just got sick and tired of trying to maintain the filing of all that worthless paperwork, whatever it was, 90 day check ins at Jomtien are now quick and professional.

I only pray they keep it just as it is . . . oh SHlT, did I just jinx it?

• Like 1

Jools, on 31 Mar 2016 - 22:38, said:

+1...I have good and fast service there. Never any problems.

hi you say early morning what time? what time does it open? thanks

They open at 8:30. Not sure how early he got there.

Was at the starting gate at 8:00 am and the door opened right before my eyes at 8:10 am...lucky me....had the first 90 day ticket in line....:-)

^ Was this office in Australia?

Your experience sounds like my own were at times.

I do wonder why at times some folks seem to take hours to do what takes me ten minutes to do and make the process an ordeal for those who have everything ship shape and will be in and out in minutes after their turn at the window!

That is why I began to ask work for a ME visa so I could just hop a flight every few months instead of running the gauntlet of over-zealous officials and inept, bumbling 'expats' at the office every time.

The title says Jomtien Immigration, so I guess one could rule out Australia, eh? :-(