paypal quesitons

I set up my paypal account years ago when I was living in the nanny state. It is thus linked to my foreign credit card.

I just tried to buy something on lazada thailand and tried to pay via paypal. A message was displayed. ''we are sorry. paypal doesnt allow residents of <country> to ship purchases to thailand''

Can I change my country to thailand even though my foreign credit card is outside of thailand.

I have a thai credit card but prefer to use the other card as I have income source in that country.

What are your suggestions?

thanks

Set up a second Thailand PayPal account using a different email address, and you should be all set. You may have to use the Thai credit card and then if need be, transfer funds from your foreign PayPal to your Thai PayPal to pay off your Thai credit card.

I had the same problem when I came here, and setting up a separate account for Thailand did the trick.

Have not had that issue with Chase as have been using my Thai address for the last 23 years and new cards have never gone missing. USAA also has no issue sending my debit cards to Thailand and no missing cards from them either. The only missing card was one sent to a US address and forwarded - that sat somewhere in the Lone Star State for a year before being found and sent. Thai mail is much better than our first world in my personal experience.

Have not had that issue with Chase as have been using my Thai address for the last 23 years and new cards have never gone missing. USAA also has no issue sending my debit cards to Thailand and no missing cards from them either. The only missing card was one sent to a US address and forwarded - that sat somewhere in the Lone Star State for a year before being found and sent. Thai mail is much better than our first world in my personal experience.

had 2 cards taken from the mail system, when I went to the local post office to query it I was told that some thai postal workers help themselves if they see it is a letter from a bank or other financial institution. Got my bank to send the next one via speed post in a non bank marked package and it arrived but a week later when my pin number arrived the envelope had been opened and the cover over the pin had been lifted then re stuck down very unprofessionally, so at a guess the same thai postal worker had tried to get the pin number to hit my account with the cards they stole. I phoned my bank in Australia and they said that after reporting the first 2 cards as going missing they had cancelled the pins they had sent as well as the original cards, they then gave me my pin number over the phone so I could access my new card. With paypal I simply opened a thai account with them and maintained both my original one and my thai ones, not a problem.

I got the same "'we are sorry - PayPal doesnt allow residents of the U.S. to ship purchases to Thailand'' message at checkout on lazada.com.

The message is absurd on its face as I regularly use my U.S. PayPal account to make purchases (e.g., from Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, The PRC, Australia and the U.K) which are shipped to my address in Thailand.

Bottom line: It's not true that PayPal doesn't allow such transactions - it's more likely that the half-wits who manage lazada.com haven't figured the whole Internet thing out yet.

Actually suspect the meaning of that message is goods must be sent to address on record - which is a common requirement. Be careful with Lazada messages; especially if auto translated as is often the case for top part. Shipment to recorded address is a normal requirement on Ebay also. Too much fraud if they allow otherwise and very hard to get justice internationally. Suspect Pay Pal may not provide loss cover or have restrictions so seller will often not allow shipment to anything but address on record.

Call paypal phone support, they're quite good.

They can help you quite a lot, and will know what your options are.

You could try changing your address details then re-trying the purchase.

I've bought sh*tloads of stuff with my paypal account in Thailand , and the address is set to Australia, so it could be lazada, or quite likely a setting on your account that can be changed from the staff side.

I got the same "'we are sorry - PayPal doesnt allow residents of the U.S. to ship purchases to Thailand'' message at checkout on lazada.com.

The message is absurd on its face as I regularly use my U.S. PayPal account to make purchases (e.g., from Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, The PRC, Australia and the U.K) which are shipped to my address in Thailand.

Bottom line: It's not true that PayPal doesn't allow such transactions - it's more likely that the half-wits who manage lazada.com haven't figured the whole Internet thing out yet.

Yeap....I expect Lazada/the seller has the item coded only to only allow shipment to certain countries when paying via certain PayPal accounts....like a U.S. registered PayPal account.

Like when buying off Ebay a seller can setup the payment/shipment option to only ship to the same country the PayPal address is registered in---that is purely a seller option to setup that way...it's not forced by PayPal.

I set up my paypal account years ago when I was living in the nanny state. It is thus linked to my foreign credit card.

I just tried to buy something on lazada thailand and tried to pay via paypal. A message was displayed. ''we are sorry. paypal doesnt allow residents of <country> to ship purchases to thailand''

Can I change my country to thailand even though my foreign credit card is outside of thailand.

I have a thai credit card but prefer to use the other card as I have income source in that country.

thanks

ah the "nanny state" not so bad, credit card there? Try getting a CC in the corrupt state!

thanks

ah the "nanny state" not so bad, credit card there? Try getting a CC in the corrupt state!

i did and have one