7 Year Overstay Cleared

good job, i'm sure you feel better.

curious: how much did you save (including all the traveling, food, motels, etc....)? no way to know exactly.

AND i'm sure the mental anguish was extreme and outweighed the cost savings....still curious

i know it can't be replicated

• Like 1

It's lucky for you that your 2nd/3rd chance to clear the overstay coincided with the new rules kicking in. It must be a huge relief to be legal again and I wish you and your family all the best.

In case you are unaware; any of your future 90 day stays can be extended, at immigration, by 60 days (1,900 baht) for the reason of visiting your wife. A good option if you want/need to delay a border hop. If you utilise the visa/extension of stay fully you can stay nearly 17 months before needing a new visa. A multiple non 'O' on the basis of marriage is, currently, available from Savannakhet, Laos without any financial proof required. Obviously no one knows if it will be available when you next need one, but it's worth checking local availability as it could save an expensive trip to Oz.

• Like 2

Found your post very interesting and very clearly written.

Thanks for sharing it and glad it turned out so well.

Good luck in the future and your advice about not trusting money/investments to anyone is excellent.

It can never end well for you.

Yes -- very interesting and clearly written. Unfortunately, the outcome of his adventure may not be one available to those who are still as of today on overstay of any similar length.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Nice !! I know what it feels like overstaying for years.

Sometimes it's just out of our control with so many things happening at the same time and Visa will be the last thing we consider.

Good that you're back now! I believe with this much of relief now you'll never overstay your visa again!! Good Luck

Actually your Visa and Immigration status should be the first thing you consider.

Without it you cannot stay here legally or take care of your family etc.

It certainly is my number one priority.

A shame others do not think the same.

Then i think you have not been through the worse. Or maybe you started off well but that's a good thing and i agree Visa is something very important.

Just that sometimes people have to lose something to realize the value of it. I believe now OP with cherish the 2nd chance given to him. But for those who are still out there on Visa overstay these people i really don't understand. The immigration has given enough time to prepare & clear it, Well maybe they just don't care.

You should take a picture of the page showing your 7 year over stay. Interested to see it.

Thanks, and good luck, hope you find a job.

Why?

How about this one that is over 17 years that was recently sent to me.

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPG

you should clip part of the electronic id for the passport (not the passport number, but I believe it is a unique number for the electronic id for the epassport stuff) off the top of the picture

17 years???? Blimey. How could he do anything?

I needed my passport on an almost daily basis when in Thailand for everything from travel to banking. One time when travelling to P'hiloke I forgot it and my missus had to fax a copy to the hotel so I could check in! I was staggered at how the two over-stayers I knew managed.......

17 years???? Blimey. How could he do anything?

I needed my passport on an almost daily basis when in Thailand for everything from travel to banking. One time when travelling to P'hiloke I forgot it and my missus had to fax a copy to the hotel so I could check in! I was staggered at how the two over-stayers I knew managed.......

You don't need to show the visa page of the passport for anything, I overstayed years and checked into hotels fine, no issues banking, flying domestic, nada.

• Like 2

You should take a picture of the page showing your 7 year over stay. Interested to see it.

Why?

please hide passport number

Why?

This guy sure was not a frequent traveler! Bet they had fun calculating the number of days, bearing in mind allowing for leap years and such. Did they know the rule for determining whether 2000 was a leap year or not? Lucky about the 20,000 baht limit on the fine. With no limit it would have been 3,131,000 baht (payable in cash only).

• Like 1

Why?

you should clip part of the electronic id for the passport (not the passport number, but I believe it is a unique number for the electronic id for the epassport stuff) off the top of the picture

Why?

It is reversed and incomplete. I cannot read it.