6 officers ordered to apologize dead victim

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shock1.gif So let me get this straight - Six officers beat one serviceman to death and no inquiry about it, no court marshall, nor anything else done, but presented an apology? blink.png

Ahhh see now there's a difference, now if they were splashing water at him with a red bowl then that is gaol time for treason, it all about balance ok.

Isn't that right junta fanboys.

How about a murder charge for the six mongrels that beat this poor guy to death and a very clear message to the military AND uni's that do this crap...

Congratulations! You have managed to sink to an all new low, using the death of a soldier at the hands of his own officers to make your political point.

Sorry to inform you of the facts but, most soldiers die due to a political point, this is usually one country's political point verses another country's political point.

Also within a country the deaths of it's soldiers and civilians are the result of political points. welcome to reality.

Now my point was not intended as a political point score but a simple pointing out that where are the soldiers now? not in gaol?

And where is the woman that was arrested and charged with treason for having a red bowl? You see the balance now? that was my intent, but ok mate my apologies.

Bastardization is common in the military all over the world be it right or wrong, it's also called hazing in Thai Uni's.

"Now my point was not intended as a political point score...."

Yeah right, your as obvious as the nose on your face.

Yawn.

Edited by scorecard

Unfortunately, this tragedy is a tip of an iceberg. Every year, new recruits get killed, put into ICU, or commit suicide. The initial one months 'training' where no contact is permitted by recruits to anyone including family members, is designed to beat anything the SAS could conceive. My wife's son got conscripted, he lost 14 kilos in one month, by way of inedible diet, saw several of his comrades experience death or near death happenings, but was warned by the captain NOT to tell his mother on her eventual visit.

Fortunately, he is a strong, brave lad with good manners, and the captain considered him to be a worthy recruit. He passed out with flying colours, but now has to suffer another month of hard training before his next job of being a security guard on a munitions dump. The upside of those many who make it, is they turn these boys into men (enforcing traditional Thai values of respect), which for Thai youths, most of whom are pampered from birth, is a good thing.

He'll have no trouble finding a wife, and will make a good family man - I hope.

When I entered army boys service in England I wasn't allowed home for three months. The regime was quite brutal but it was the military, not Butlins. I was 15. Edited by jesimps

shock1.gif So let me get this straight - Six officers beat one serviceman to death and no inquiry about it, no court marshall, nor anything else done, but presented an apology? blink.png

They are a bit like the Piranha twins but in 3 pairs (have to know Monty Python to understand this one). All six of them should be put on court martialed and charged with murder. But TIT so what would expect.

Condolences to the family and RIP soldier

Edited by gandalf12

Ignoring the headline, I read the detail as 'a Commander ordered the top superior (of the six alleged perpetrators) to apologize', so not the 6 themselves. If this is the case, then I hope Mum sticks to her request by arriving on the Little General's doorstep with a dead body.

When a Military exists and believes it not only defends the Country and therefore demands the respect and reverence of the people ,Instead of showing respect to the Nation they defend which is the Body whole not just the Elites. And has the right to conscript ad hoc then there is no check or balance and it answers to itself. The results of this can be seen by the wonderful condition of Myanmar. RIP Young soldier you should have been allowed to choose to serve or not serve and not been press ganged

If one follows the link provided in the opening post of this thread, surely not too difficult, there is more information in links on that page, including:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/158362

Colonel Pramote Prom-in, spokesman of the forward command of the Internal Security Operations Commands Region 4, said Tuesday that initial finding confirmed that the seven officers were accountable for the death of Private Songtham Moodmud, 23, who was based at Payak garrison in Bannang Sata district.

Regarding criminal charges against the seven officers, Colonel Pramote said that the matter would rest with the police who will lodge charges against them.

There, not so difficult was it? Edited by gomangosteen

If one follows the link provided in the opening post of this thread, surely not too difficult, there is more information in links on that page, including:

Colonel Pramote Prom-in, spokesman of the forward command of the Internal Security Operations Commands Region 4, said Tuesday that initial finding confirmed that the seven officers were accountable for the death of Private Songtham Moodmud, 23, who was based at Payak garrison in Bannang Sata district.

Regarding criminal charges against the seven officers, Colonel Pramote said that the matter would rest with the police who will lodge charges against them.

There, not so difficult was it?

Sorry if this doesn't fit the narrative of so many on this forum, but according to that well known local newspaper that I understand we can't link to here, all 6 of the accused were quickly detained, pending further action. "The six soldiers are Sub Lt. Patthanat Lertchaikul, who is being jailed for 30 days, and five other non-commissioned officers, now in detention for 45 days."

is the word "officers" accurate or a mistranslation?

EDIT:

I just read in another news source that the 6 are NCO

It's rather funny to call NCOs officers when in fact they are not.

Edited by manarak

"Six army officers accused of beating to death an army private in Yala province have been ordered to apologize in front of the victims body placed at a temple in Nakhon Si Thammarat province."

Is that not going to compromise any future trial if they are going to plead not guilty?

Have you ever been in a Thai court?

No, but I watched plenty of cartoons growing up.

Ahhh see now there's a difference, now if they were splashing water at him with a red bowl then that is gaol time for treason, it all about balance ok.

Isn't that right junta fanboys.

How about a murder charge for the six mongrels that beat this poor guy to death and a very clear message to the military AND uni's that do this crap...

Congratulations! You have managed to sink to an all new low, using the death of a soldier at the hands of his own officers to make your political point.
I think his point is the punishment meted out for different crimes. It isnt a political point. Do you think owning a plastic bowl is a political issue?

We do not know the full story do we? Maybe there was an inquiry , maybe even a military trial.

Still they need to pay respect to the dead , it's a buddhist thing....

If that was a farang killed, you would chime in with your usual reply ie " probably deserved it" You would NEVER say "we dont know the full story" Apologist delux

Did I read this correctly, it's not those involved who will apologize, but their superior.

"A well-informed military source said that Lt-Gen Vivath Pathompark, commander of the 4th army region, was concerned with the tragic incident"

highly unlikely that he feels "concerned" enough to apologise for the men under his command.

"Six army officers accused of beating to death an army private in Yala province have been ordered to apologize in front of the victim’s body placed at a temple in Nakhon Si Thammarat province."

Is that not going to compromise any future trial if they are going to plead not guilty?

I have been in Thai courts many times (not as plaintiff, defendant, or prosecutor, etc.) related to my work. I think Bluespunk makes a good point. Perhaps you are implying criminal defendants always plead guilty? Or what? I don't understand your post. Can you kindly clarify?

You gotta think like a Thai: my god, think about how much face they lost.

So glad I don't think like a Thai. Just imagine someone kills a member of your family, you would be happy because someone lost face, all you lost was a son or a daughter.

Unfortunately, this tragedy is a tip of an iceberg. Every year, new recruits get killed, put into ICU, or commit suicide. The initial one months 'training' where no contact is permitted by recruits to anyone including family members, is designed to beat anything the SAS could conceive. My wife's son got conscripted, he lost 14 kilos in one month, by way of inedible diet, saw several of his comrades experience death or near death happenings, but was warned by the captain NOT to tell his mother on her eventual visit.

Fortunately, he is a strong, brave lad with good manners, and the captain considered him to be a worthy recruit. He passed out with flying colours, but now has to suffer another month of hard training before his next job of being a security guard on a munitions dump. The upside of those many who make it, is they turn these boys into men (enforcing traditional Thai values of respect), which for Thai youths, most of whom are pampered from birth, is a good thing.

What about his mates who suffered "Death or near death" are they now not worth talking about now that your man has turned out so wonderfully. rolleyes.gif

"Six army officers accused of beating to death an army private in Yala province have been ordered to apologize in front of the victims body placed at a temple in Nakhon Si Thammarat province."

No, but I watched plenty of cartoons growing up.

Same thing innit?

There, not so difficult was it?

Sorry if this doesn't fit the narrative of so many on this forum, but according to that well known local newspaper that I understand we can't link to here, all 6 of the accused were quickly detained, pending further action. "The six soldiers are Sub Lt. Patthanat Lertchaikul, who is being jailed for 30 days, and five other non-commissioned officers, now in detention for 45 days."

If only Thaivisa could publish the full story from day 1 so we can avod all this endless speculations.

"Six army officers accused of beating to death an army private in Yala province have been ordered to apologize in front of the victim’s body placed at a temple in Nakhon Si Thammarat province."

I have been in Thai courts many times (not as plaintiff, defendant, or prosecutor, etc.) related to my work. I think Bluespunk makes a good point. Perhaps you are implying criminal defendants always plead guilty? Or what? I don't understand your post. Can you kindly clarify?

I mean they will bend over backwards to avoid the work of actually conducting a trial. It will all be settled with an "agreement" between the parties that suits the agenda of the court and the more influential of the parties involved, in this case the army. Evidence, witness statements, and what happens in this apology performance are unlikely to be significant factors in the process. The matter is probably already under discussion and will be decided long before the court sits.

The mother of the second victim who witnessed the murder which he states was over stolen money , is now asking that protection be given to her son. She fears that as a key witness he could be in danger.

I'm sure her fears are well founded.

What about his mates who suffered "Death or near death" are they now not worth talking about now that your man has turned out so wonderfully. rolleyes.gif

There are hundreds of new recruits at his camp. I don't know whether he knew these unfortunate guys or not. 'Speaking out' is not the army way; make of it what you will.