Monk jumps 21 floors but misses safety airbag in Thonburi drama

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.........one down........countless to go......

...from outright crime to 'a high position in a temple'......what the !@#$%^&*....

Rather like Roman Catholicism from molesting little boys to another parish

29 posts and not one shows any compassion for the deceased.

It's a Cruel, Cruel World.

Well, here I am, poster #35 and I have to tell you I'm fresh out of good quality compassion. Why?

Let's just refresh ourselves on this character hiding behind the saffron robes.

"Police said that Jarupat Sriwaranon was a serial fraudster and thief from Rayong. After a series of cases against him he had been ordained and got a high ranking position at the Chak Yai temple in Chantaburi.

Instead of devoting himself to a life of pious denial he pinched 11 million baht from the temple coffers to spend on himself. Police trailed him to the Tha Phra area of Thonburi where he came to have cosmetic surgery."

Do you see a problem with this guy? It's a no-brainer.

Even if he would hit the airbag, he would survive? From the 21st floor? If so, this could be a nice tourist attraction. As well for members of the Pattaya Balcony Flying Club.

Actually this is a great idea. The government should consider to equip high rise buildings with airbags.

A lot of good it did this time! What's the point of having and using airbags if the dummies setting it up don't know where to put it.

They knew where to put it all right, out of his reach

While the police were distracted the article states

Distracted ,,!, what Facebook?

Looking for the loot?

They went to arrest the " monk"...

W T F were they doing...?

Notice it is they ...not one bib...

Instructing the clowns where to place the air bag?

Will there now be a probe into their remiss actions

A move to an inactive post perhaps

Or a divvy up after spending 45 mins to get the loot sorted and pats on the back all round on another fine piece of work

Edited by Robm579

I don't want to see a squashed body on the floor but why bother with the pixelated photo published ? Surely they could have printed a file photo of the monk, or even of the building.

If he actually jumped off and died and didn't just pay them to let him escape, then that would be logical, but Thais aren't remotely logical.

On the other hand, if he paid them the money and got let go, then they'd not want a stock picture of him. Please note that they mentioned him getting plastic surgery. What's the point of getting plastic surgery if you're not going to simply pay the police off and resume business as usual under a perfectly contrived cover of being dead?

As it stands they've got nothing to prove that they even made contact with the correct person, so it's all totally deniable as the police can say they thought 'the person in the appartment' was the right man, and there's nothing but speculation to tie them to an obligation to correctly identify him. Note, they don't mention him looking different from his description. They mention the plastic surgery as a clue to those in the know, so any debts owed to him will be known to be still owed and any liabilities incumbent upon the monk will remain as was prior to the set up.

29 posts and not one shows any compassion for the deceased.

It's a Cruel, Cruel World.

Well, here I am, poster #35 and I have to tell you I'm fresh out of good quality compassion. Why?

Let's just refresh ourselves on this character hiding behind the saffron robes.

"Police said that Jarupat Sriwaranon was a serial fraudster and thief from Rayong. After a series of cases against him he had been ordained and got a high ranking position at the Chak Yai temple in Chantaburi.

Instead of devoting himself to a life of pious denial he pinched 11 million baht from the temple coffers to spend on himself. Police trailed him to the Tha Phra area of Thonburi where he came to have cosmetic surgery."

Do you see a problem with this guy? It's a no-brainer.

The only problem is he should have jumped a long time back.

In free fall you reach terminal velocity just after 100 ft. (33 meters). I was a "C" class jumper with 400+ jumps. At terminal velocityyou must remain symmetrical to fail straight down. Any flailing about will cause you to "track" a path off vertical. Blocked photo shows him swinging arms and legs which leads to missing your target. I'd give him only a 2 for style.

Edited by Timebandit

In free fall you reach terminal velocity just after 100 ft. (33 meters). I was a "C" class jumper with 400+ jumps. At terminal velocityyou must remain symmetrical to fail straight down. Any flailing about will cause you to "track" a path off vertical. Blocked photo shows him swinging arms and legs which leads to missing your target. I'd give him only a 2 for style.

A disciple of the Eddie the Eagle school of style.

I don't want to see a squashed body on the floor but why bother with the pixelated photo published ? Surely they could have printed a file photo of the monk, or even of the building.

Naahh,

Bit like good old days of RADIO PLAYS... the THEATER OF THE MIND.

You can conjure up your own vision of the scene, complete with the Keystone Cops running madly around, trying catch the Jumper.

Quite a sight to behold, in MY "Mind's Eye."

A mentally disturbed man commits suicide and the TVF punters have a field day.

What a sad mob these posters are .

From what I have read about this guy he was not mentally " ill"

He was a serial fraudster and con man and thief...

However apart from the questionable behaviour of the police in this incident.... What was the temple doing with 11 million in the first place... Saving to enhance their car collection... Shouldn't that money have been redistributed amongst the poor and needy which is presumably where it came from in the first place...