Did anyone get free insurance with their new Everest / new motor?

Greetings,

I went to our local Ford Dealer today to buy the Ford Everest 3.2 Titanium +

The want a 20k deposit and there is a 3 month wait which is fine. I told them I'd pay cash and asked about any extras, e.g. a years free insurance to which they said no. I told them I'd come back.

I was just wondering if anyone got free insurance with their's?

Cheers.

I did, but it wasnt a Ford.

As far as I know the first year of insurance is a fairly standard freebie, along with bits of trim, mats, window film, liners and wheel-locks (for pickups). I got all those plus a discount.

Based on what I know, you don't get free insurance with the Top Model EV if you buy in cash. In general (with few exceptions), if you buy a car in cash in Thailand, a lot of the freebies, like insurance, are not included. Freebies like free insurance are usually offered by the Hire purchase company/Banks through their affiliates and there are no incentives for them to give if you buy the car in cash.

OK. Noted.

I guess I'll have to go visit my insurance company to get the new Everest added on the day I pick it up from the garage.

I'm right in assuming it's different to the UK, where the vehicle is insured rather than the person insured to drive that vehicle? Do the insurance companies here use a no-claims discount system like back home?

Correct. Vehicle is insured. Covers any and all drivers - in the agreed age group if so desired, so long as they have a valid drivers license to operate that vehicle. Some companies do have a no claims bonus - which I do not know.

I got 70K discount (which included 20K discount because on of my family members also owns a Ford), free insurance, free road tax, and half a tank of diesel - but no accessories as none existed back then (mine was delivered mid-August from job1).

Shop around ;)

I got free insurance (kind of) but had to pay something to get it. It was a bit odd, but it worked out a lot cheaper than if I got my own insurance. But, we are buying it through Tisco, so there's more incentive for them to give stuff away.

This is on a WT Ranger, not an Everest.

I got 70K discount (which included 20K discount because on of my family members also owns a Ford), free insurance, free road tax, and half a tank of diesel - but no accessories as none existed back then (mine was delivered mid-August from job1).

Shop around wink.png

it's a bit tricky down here on Samui. We only have one Ford dealer. :(

Shop around wink.png

it's a bit tricky down here on Samui. We only have one Ford dealer. :(

Visit a dealer in Suratthani or Nakhon

Shop around wink.png

it's a bit tricky down here on Samui. We only have one Ford dealer. sad.png

I bought mine from a dealer about 500KM away - I did it all on the phone :)

Margins are super tight from Ford so the dealership really needs you to take out financing (where they make their money) before they can offer you freebies. An exception to this is when the LLC of the manufacturer offer certain things like insurance as the LLC absorbs the cost not the dealer.

Ford Thailand have a really tight allocation of 3.2l engines for the domestic market whereas the 2.2l seems pretty easy to get. Checking Ford's website only expect the non-T+ models to get free 1st class insurance.