Uighur, Chechen Militants in Thailand to Stage Attacks, Memo Warns

rooster59

So this Songkran, look at everyone, everywhere, and at everything. Lest you get caught up in a blast zone. They kind of forget to mention this.

I can't understand why Chechens would be involved in this inside Thailand

Plenty of soft Russian targets in Pattaya and Phuket.
Yes but the majority are just tourists and don't gather in one place very much anyway. Not so many targets for people that Russia would take notice of really. It would hurt Thailand more than Russia in respect to Russian tourism Edited by thesetat2013

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,no,no,this story is not true,its all lies.We have been positively informed that 'there is no evidence of terrorist activity in Thailand'

'We are not concerned that 3000 people breezed through our islands airport when our electricity broke down.We are not concerned because all these people came with tourist company's'cheesy.gif .

...they said 'Identified by name'.....???

...so what are they waiting for.......???

For someone to do their job for them?

I do not know why you are all so keen on bashing the Thais.

There have been some spectacular security failures in the West in the recent past but I doubt you Thai bashers would have noticed.

Try looking up the Paris and Brussels atrocities and take note of all the alleged (and reported ) "failures" by the European security forces.

edited to remove a typo.

Love the newbie posters: English name with Thai sounding ending...so cute, so clever, never seen that before. :rolleyes:

Look, when security breaks down in the places you mentioned, people discuss it in relevant threads. THIS THREAD is about a Thai matter and the RTP, which, by an African bar, is very very inefficient.

Edited by SABloke

By the way, wait for the flip-flop statement... that it's not true... don't know where this rumour came from... all is well... Thailand is safe... it'll never be a target for terrorists... there are no insurgents in this country... please go out and celebrate Songkran...just make sure you're dressed properly, no provocative dance moves and no drinking.

Make sure you take money with you. Hmm on second thought why?

So this Songkran, look at everyone, everywhere, and at everything. Lest you get caught up in a blast zone. They kind of forget to mention this.

Five-star hotels are a favorite target, no locals only foreigners. Embassies are a favorite target. International airports, especially when inbound clusters of arriving flights have deplaned. Parades, concerts, and events with media coverage are a favorite target.

Have you ever been to a 5* Hotel here. There are lots of Thais too. Some of them do have money, you know!

I don't know the specifics of the relationship between the Chechens and the Uighurs, but there are significant number of both of these groups in Turkey. During the Chechen war, many Chechens fled to Turkey. There was a fair amount of support, especially from Islamic groups, for the Chechens and their cause. There has been support for Uighurs who are considered to be an ethnically Turkish group. How these two groups have joined up and formed some sort of alliance, I don't understand.

Without knowing the relationship, it is hard to know what the target is. Chechens might target Russian interests, but Uighurs probably wouldn't. Uighurs might target Chinese, but would have little beef against Russia.

If the basis of this affiliation is purely religious, then pretty much anyone and anywhere could be the target.

It would be better if there was a little more background information about the nature of this group and what they might be up to.

I think this is a piece of garbage reporting to make everyone feel SOMETHING is going to happen. AND when it does not happen people will say "see how good Thailand Police and Army is in protecting everyone?"

The Government here is on the nose with the world. This story is making the rounds in foreign press so that will really help tourism eh?

Now Thailand has a lot to worry about so they need distractions and blaming MUSLIMS is an easy way out as everyone else is doing it and Thailand like other Asian nations follows the example of the west. Scott I think the link between these 2 groups is MUSLIM.

The government if they do have an attack has a cop out for the disasters waiting in the wind tourism wise.

Chinese economy plummeting down, Bangkok Airport under IATA review in Dec for non repair of the runways and Thai Airlines under International review for OLD craft and maybe a European DELAY in being able to fly there.

yes a distraction of a terrorist plot is always good.

There have been some spectacular security failures in the West in the recent past but I doubt you Thai bashers would have noticed.

Try looking up the Paris and Brussels atrocities and take note of all the alleged (and reported ) "failures" by the European security forces.

edited to remove a typo.

could it be that we know all too well what these numptys are capable of (or not as the case may be) ? ....now i have to show my passport to post a freaking birthday card back to europe so no I have NO faith in these donkeys

A little bit off topic but yes I agree with you. I have noticed when i bring anything in now the amount of duty I must pay varies UP every time astronomically. Getting beyond a joke it is downright abusive.

This is a bit of drama to make them seem all good and perfect to cover other failings up. yes I see that things are changing for the worse here in 4 years its getting damn harder to live day to day and i feel China would have been better under Mao Zse Dong.

Police and Army want to show STRENGTH and unity and this is one perfect way at a very busy time to do it. And when nothing happens, YIPPEE see what we stopped they will yell? And if it does happen god forbid, then they will say Look, see how good we are we knew this would happen. But it does not account that there is no proper checking at points of entry and it shows that those stupid TM7 entry cards are useless at helping track people.

edited to remove a typo.

could it be that we know all too well what these numptys are capable of (or not as the case may be) ? ....now i have to show my passport to post a freaking birthday card back to europe so no I have NO faith in these donkeys

So just more abuse thrown !

No comment about the European "donkeys"?

Unfortunately, Thailand's track record speaks for itself. Nuf said.

Prayut will call on the police to be vigilant and all will be well, Thailand is a sitting duck , they are all to complacent.

Imagine having to depend on the lesser inept police or army to defend the populace? And they call Thailand a nation.

The people of Belgium and France depended on their police, military and intelligence sources but they still got bombed.

It is impossible for any police force anywhere in the world to be vigilant 24/7/365.

As the Provisional IRA once said during the Troubles in Northern Ireland,

"The government has to be lucky ALL the time, we only have to be lucky once".

And in those days the security forces manpower was huge.

Five-star hotels are a favorite target, no locals only foreigners. Embassies are a favorite target. International airports, especially when inbound clusters of arriving flights have deplaned. Parades, concerts, and events with media coverage are a favorite target.

IMHO among the worst places to be in BKK would be Nana Plaza with only a single entry and exit point and possibly Khao San road. You could put a big bomb in a car and detonate it in a hotel or shopping mall car park. You could even do that in the middle of a traffic jam as happened in Colombo, Sri Lanka about 30 minutes after I passed a roundabout over the railway station.

I haven't read all the posts yet, but I now have a good example of lax security.

I am at Esplanade on Ratchada and there is a large canvas bag left on a bench.

I told security and the guy just smiled.

So I asked what if it is a bomb?

He walked towards it and walked away again.

Ten minutes later the owner came.!!!

Interesting news on Urghur's recently.

On the one hand they are branded evil terrorists.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/03/indonesia-adds-4-uyghur-militants-to-most-wanted-list/

On the other hand they are being persecuted and their human rights violated.

http://www.christianitydaily.com/articles/7919/20160404/bipartisan-committee-urged-obama-confront-chinese-president-human-rights-issues.htm

If Thailand would just get with the China Encirclement Program then all these terror threats would stop. After all no mystery who setup, financed, trained and armed most of the worlds terror organizations and can consequently place them wherever they want. whistling.gif

How did potential terrorists whose names and extremist credentials were known to the Thai Intelligence (sic) services manage to get into the country in the first place? So much for security under a military regime which incarcerates its own citizens for speaking a word out of place.

The fact is that it's extremely hard to find someone if they actively hide their tracks. These guys aren't that dumb after all.

........kingdom’s intelligence information agency, the National Intelligence Coordinating Center.

The Sweeping, Painting and Every Back to Normal Centre has also been alerted and new brooms have been ordered as a precaution............. rolleyes.gif

How did potential terrorists whose names and extremist credentials were known to the Thai Intelligence (sic) services manage to get into the country in the first place? So much for security under a military regime which incarcerates its own citizens for speaking a word out of place.

Getting into Thailand means the Immigration Police and not the military (yet). The IP are a branch under and controlled by the Thai Police.

I think the new slogan of TAT will be: Avoid Thailand as now in the focus of Chechen and Uighurs!!!!!!!!!!!!

The latest news from RADIO ERIWAN and the research of an "Intelligence Service of Thailand": but how they can have this kind of service as the Intelligence is missing at all!

Chechen fighters, who decapitated 10 engineers years ago, who set bombs in schools and kill us all over the world are effective because they are white and can mingle in western communities. Many ISIS leaders are chechen murderers.

So the new slogan for TAT will be: Don't come to Thailand: the Uigurs and Chechen are now focusing on Thailand!

And as RADIO EREWAN had the latest news also the Thai Intelligence Service found the theat of Uigurs and Chechen! But never could imagine that Thailand can have and "INTELLIGENCE SERVICE"

edited to remove a typo.

Agreed but those countries did not go around stating that it was impossible to happen which Thailand has said

The Chechen line sounds like a ruse of sorts. The Uighur line i get, after what Thailand did to those poor guys some time ago. Really churlish behavior and absolutely sycophantic to the extreme. Very weak.

The Chechins do have a bit of a beef against the Russians. A lot of Russians come here for holidays. Compared to Russia here they would be a soft target. I don't suppose the Chechins, of for that matter the Uighurs are too bothered about anyone else getting caught up in it.