Songkram holiday's

emilymat

It seems to be a bit hit and miss about businesses etc being open or closed.

Just been to my local bread shop on SCC road. Will be closed all next week Mon-Fri.

The golf range is closed the Mon-Tues the week after.

A glazier that I visited said closed Wed-Fri.

I guess it's whatever they want for their staff over the next 10 days. Not complaining, as the UK have massive shutdowns at Xmas/New Year and that is very much hit and miss.

However, I need to make just one journey into Pattaya next week including the bank. What is the 'official holiday'? Thanks

All holiday dates and more useful info in the FAQ pinned topic HERE smile.png

From the above FAQ pinned topic: Starts tentatively on April 11th and goes through the 19th.

Specifically: When do "Amphoe's" start operating again in Pattaya ?

Thx & cheers.

I need to drive to Naklua from Jomtien tomorrow , hope it will be little traffic, prepared for the worst.

Tomorrow will be gridlock, even on Sukhumvit. Quickest route may be take Sukhumvit south, cut across by Silverlake, up highway 331 and then across on highway 36 before coming down Sukhumvit from the north. No kidding.

I need to drive to Naklua from Jomtien tomorrow , hope it will be little traffic, prepared for the worst.

How did it go balo? Actually, looking at the pinned FAQ thread, you should have had it relatively easy with just a need to avoid the usual bottlenecks like the tour bus shuttles to/from the lunchtime buffet places (loads of them around the Dolphin-end of Naklua and Nua) and the usual late morning artery clog on Beach and Second when they Central Festival kicks off for the daily trough at the food court and the post-déjeuner window lickers.

How did it go balo? Actually, looking at the pinned FAQ thread, you should have had it relatively easy with just a need to avoid the usual bottlenecks like the tour bus shuttles to/from the lunchtime buffet places (loads of them around the Dolphin-end of Naklua and Nua) and the usual late morning artery clog on Beach and Second when they Central Festival kicks off for the daily trough at the food court and the post-déjeuner window lickers.

I went around 2 pm and it was a smooth drive , just like a normal day , maybe even less cars on the road. But I have not returned from Naklua yet so we'll see how it looks like in a couple of hours.

I went around 2 pm and it was a smooth drive , just like a normal day , maybe even less cars on the road. But I have not returned from Naklua yet so we'll see how it looks like in a couple of hours.

I know it is the wrong way from you but I recently came back down Suk from Watsadu to Nua - normal traffic. Normal "rush hour" however can be a challenge at the best of times......

Tomorrow will be gridlock, even on Sukhumvit. Quickest route may be take Sukhumvit south, cut across by Silverlake, up highway 331 and then across on highway 36 before coming down Sukhumvit from the north. No kidding.

I'd be surprised to see any real change in traffic conditions until the big days on 18th and 19th. Before then any minor mayhem is usually confined to the bar areas. 18th and 19th don't bother going out in a car unless you are joining in, you won't get anywhere.

I have to agree , no traffic today , in fact I think i did a new record driving from Jomtien to Big C in 5 minutes . This was in the evening. I also returned via Thappraya and same same there, I wish it was like this every day .

I have to agree , no traffic today , in fact I think i did a new record driving from Jomtien to Big C in 5 minutes . This was in the evening. I also returned via Thappraya and same same there, I wish it was like this every day .

balo................ After the big rush from Bangkok etc I suppose everyone is now where they wanted to be. I'll risk a shopping trip into town this afternoon on the basis of your observation! clap2.gif

I just went to Mike Shopping Mall and Foodland. (I stay in Jomtien). I drove Thrappaya Rd, 3rd Rd, Soi Bukhao, Second Rd, Beach Rd, and Klang. There was some water throwers. But not many. I decided to go back to Jomtien by Sukhumvit. This was a bad idea since there is already a major gridlock. At least from Nua to Klang.

I've cruised Beach Rd. briefly in Jomtien yesterday and today and trust me, don't do it. The number of people from Bangkok, double parking, stopping, and just being idiots is staggering. Almost a nightmare to drive through and I imagine it'll just get worse.

My wife wanted to go to "Central" today in the car...only a few parking spaces left on the 6th floor...exactly 1 hour to get out of the parking lot and another 1 hour to get home to Na Jomtien. I'll be staying home ( or motorcycling) until the 20th. :(

If you need to buy something I think supermarkets like Friendship that stays open 24 hours should be considered instead of the malls. Around 10 pm the traffic should not be too bad, even on the worst days, depending on where you're coming from.