Avoid Zoe during Songkran

JacksSmirkingRevenge

Avoid this place like the plague, unless you like a whole bunch of a-hole backpackers.

I went tonight, and cannot believe all the loser backpackers there. I've been several times, though not lately, and have never seen it this crowded or with such lewd behavior. Even the nearby 7/11 was packed with people drinking out front and a 15 minute line.

I'd rather party at central than here.... so gross.

I cannot stand these backpackers.... i could only imagine khao san rd.

Last year I went to Zoe, but was nothing like tonight.

if you were there, you know what i mean.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm with you. Seems this year it has attracted the absolute lowest form of tourist possible. Most of them look like filthy vagrants, staggering about in the road and acting like idiots.

I was driving through last night and a few were standing right in the middle of the road as you turn in from the corner. I paused to wait, and waited, but couldn't go around due to walkers and baht bus, so I did a quick beep. Instantly, one of them wanted to fight me, tossed his beer bottle at the ground and started mouthing off. I'm not trying to end up in jail over one of these low class losers so I just u-turned and drove off. The lot of them look like they had been living on the streets for a few years.

Went around the other way and saw the rest of the bar goers in the area and didn't bother stopping. It was a scum show.

I'm with you. Seems this year it has attracted the absolute lowest form of tourist possible. Most of them look like filthy vagrants, staggering about in the road and acting like idiots.

I was driving through last night and a few were standing right in the middle of the road as you turn in from the corner. I paused to wait, and waited, but couldn't go around due to walkers and baht bus, so I did a quick beep. Instantly, one of them wanted to fight me, tossed his beer bottle at the ground and started mouthing off. I'm not trying to end up in jail over one of these low class losers so I just u-turned and drove off. The lot of them look like they had been living on the streets for a few years.

Went around the other way and saw the rest of the bar goers in the area and didn't bother stopping. It was a scum show.

Exactly!

Saw the same thing. In addition, I also saw males taking water bottles and going at women's butts with it.... men slapping women on motorbikes, backpackers jumping on cars/motos, backpackers dragging motos with females drivers so they cannot go forward, beer bottle throwers, drunk mess losers, etc....

i expected it, but not like how it was tonight.

A good example of a bar made notorious by regular raids with the attendant press and social media coverage and frequently critical reviews, not least on TV. It is now attracting the basest forms of life and making a fortune in the process! Thank goodness these people have been drawn away from other decent bars where we can drink with less unwanted unpleasant distraction.

my observation yesterday: 1st of all, tourism must be off by 35% or more? couldn't believe how light the crowds were at KSK Songkran festival. 2nd, there are more backpacker types (and the worst of the backpacker types i've seen in years), really rude, drunk in the street types. 3rd, the 'quality' (as the government calls it) of Chinese tourists are the worst kee nok types imaginable. i saw about 12 of them commissioning a red bus and the lady driver wanted 480 Bath to take them where they wanted to go and drive them around a bit. they countered her with 200 Bath! she explained to them that she would be unable to do anything for about 90 minutes because they wanted to go down Huay Kaew which was at a complete standstill. they were so rude to the driver it was unbelievable. i overheard them raise the offer to 220 at which the driver who was incredibly patient told them to exit the songtaew. at that point a Chinese woman about 25 y/o literally threw the money at the driver and she had to reach down on the ground and pick it up. total scum.

Yellow Zoe has been attracting young backpackers for years. Went there last Halloween..and it was pretty wild. Last Songkran was no different.

I think most of us locals already know the deal with yellow zoe. It would be much like saying "don't go to Disneyland because there are too many children".

anyways....thanks for the warning.

A good example of a bar made notorious by regular raids with the attendant press and social media coverage and frequently critical reviews, not least on TV. It is now attracting the basest forms of life and making a fortune in the process! Thank goodness these people have been drawn away from other decent bars where we can drink with less unwanted unpleasant distraction.

It does not have regular raids, only one this year and then they were found to be free of drugs. Guess you are just bias, no one is forcing you to go and it keeps the tourists happy so what?

what a miserable bunch of old farts you are.

perhaps you are just past it.

they normally stagger five a breast down the road at closing time with no concern for traffic, being a farang i drove slowly behind waiting for them to notice or a small beep of the horn the thai tuk tuk drivers give them no quarter and nearly take their heels off, surprised there hasnt been people ran over at closing time

full of local women who want money for sex, hilariously though they claim 'im not same lady bar na', apparently you can be a hooker but not a hooker who knew

Who or what is 'Zoe', in this context?

i love google. so easy to use. you just put in what you are looking for and viola.... there it is.....you should try it one day.....https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293917-d3915397-Reviews-Zoe_in_Yellow-Chiang_Mai.html

The first trip advisor review begins :

" Me and my boyfriend ......."

so I guess these quality tourists also dabble in a bit of English tuition when they are not munted.

It does not have regular raids, only one this year and then they were found to be free of drugs. Guess you are just bias, no one is forcing you to go and it keeps the tourists happy so what?

Wasn't it closed for a couple of weeks by the police after the bouncers kicked a foreigner to death earlier this year?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/847649-why-is-zoe-in-yellow-closed/

Not this year, last August.

And more tourist beatings here,

http://www.thewanderlist.net/thailand/chiang-mai-zoe-in-yellow/

Edited by BritManToo

Thailand does attract a lot of Dreggs......

I thought most went to Pattaya....

We get only higher class society's dregs in Pattaya. And they tend to stay in select areas of Pattaya ... the areas that people who claim they would never come here seem to know all about.

my observation yesterday: 1st of all, tourism must be off by 35% or more? couldn't believe how light the crowds were at KSK Songkran festival. 2nd, there are more backpacker types (and the worst of the backpacker types i've seen in years), really rude, drunk in the street types. 3rd, the 'quality' (as the government calls it) of Chinese tourists are the worst kee nok types imaginable. i saw about 12 of them commissioning a red bus and the lady driver wanted 480 Bath to take them where they wanted to go and drive them around a bit. they countered her with 200 Bath! she explained to them that she would be unable to do anything for about 90 minutes because they wanted to go down Huay Kaew which was at a complete standstill. they were so rude to the driver it was unbelievable. i overheard them raise the offer to 220 at which the driver who was incredibly patient told them to exit the songtaew. at that point a Chinese woman about 25 y/o literally threw the money at the driver and she had to reach down on the ground and pick it up. total scum.

Wow: thanks for posting (at last) some content about (your observations of) the economic context of Songkran in Chiang Mai, this year !

cheers, ~o:37;

And throwing money at someone in Thailand is a big offence !!! VERY BIG OFFENCE !!!! Money has the ******'s portrait on it !!!

To bad no policeman was around ?!? Some large amounts of money would change hands, to avoid prison.!

Remember when a Swiss man went to Jail for drawing a moustache on a ******'s portrait....?

Best Regards.

I wrote ******'s myself to avoid further complications.....?!

Edited by off road pat

Been in the city before lunch. They just started to throw stinking moat water at each other. Disgusting. Lot's of foreigners, not only asians, also many farangs, who don't know how to walk or drive. Queues in front of 7/11. When the crowd is drunk a bit later, accidents will just happen.

The old city is again fully commercialized, sellers of all kind of cr*p everywhere, temples become bazaars, there is nothing traditional at all. Just a big, stinking, dirty mess with lots of id*ots inside.

A bit further outside it's different, people have clean water, kids play at the side of the street and have fun. Nice enough for a short stop and a smile.