Honda 110 wave Vs Yamaha spark 115

pbas400

I think you will find that the Honda will hold its value better than the Yamaha. The Honda wave seems to be the number one choice for a small motorbike in Thailand. The locals love them.

The Yam is purported to get better fuel economy.

If $100 less on resale after 5 years if a concern, go Honda.

Had a 110i, but could go 115 sparky next time.

Either will provide reliable cheap service.

Get the red one.

thumbsup.gif

Out of the OPs two, Id go for the yam ...the 110 honda is not as refined.

However, Id spend 52k and go for the better spec Honda wave 125i (two models at mo', better one 52k) basically cos Ive owned a wave 125i from new for the last 8.5 years, 55k on the clock and absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it, just tyresx3, batteries x3, air filter x2, chain x2, one spark plug and one set of sprockets. But now with 55k on the clock the engine feels a little tired and suspension spongy.

New year I will change my old wave and px in at 14k offered now for a new 125i wave at 52k as I reckon they are just plain good and reliable ...and the newer ones have a wider more comfy seat too. Great commute they are IMO.

For a number of years , Yamaha has had a far higher build quality than Hondas , and the re-sale values will soon start to reflect this. The Spark can achieve up to 94 KM / litre. The honda manages 64KM/L. Makes a small difference to ownership costs , but the Yamaha is just a better built , more stable bike. Great price on the shooter.

One area where I think the Spark is much better than the Wave is the way the suspension works.

Both the Wave and the Spark have much the same cheap suspension but my feeling is that Yamaha put a lot more resources into optimising spring and damper rates.

There are bumps on a route I use often where the Wave is quite harsh yet on the Spark they are barely noticeable.

An obvious problem with the Wave is trying to find it in a bike park when faced with half a dozen near identical bikes. I quite often have to check the registration number to make sure I have the right one and one time I put the key in the wrong bike..

Edited by In the jungle

I bought the other half the Spark about 18 months ago and it's been fine,great service from my dealer. Its pulls me(110k)and even sometimes 2 up,not a problem. Seems better made than the Hondas we looked at