new old guy needs some visa advice

hi all am old git with thai wife of 16 years., we go to Thailand every year for 6 weeks and have built a house in petchaburri (unfortunately) lol

my wife and child both have dual thai /uk passport. i normally pay each year to have ann extended time type o visa (whatever that means) is there any other form ov visa i can obtain and how?

thanks in advance for any replies

Aloha, Dude..

Sounds like You're ready for retirement visa..

Marriage? It does cost a little money, though.

These Boys will be waking up in six hours..it's afternoon in UK, plenty options for You..

If you intend to remain in Thailand for just six weeks (42 days) a single entry (90 day) "O" visa (£50), based on marriage, would meet your needs.

Alternatively you could get a single entry Tourist visa (60 days) at a cost of £25 which could be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office for 1900 Bht. (approx £38)

Either visa would be easily obtained from the Thai Embassy or one of the Hon Consulates.

I am unsure what you mean by "an extended time "O" visa".

• Like 1

thanks for reply, yes i am ready for retirement but my customers won't let me retire lol (am 70 years young) boy 6 wife 40

wife has house registered in her name in pitch and I'm wondering if we can use that to get once for all visa

What are you seeking to achieve ?

There is no "once for all visa"

If you are just spending a few weeks/year in Thailand you will need to continue applying for a visa. The London Thai embassy will accept postal applications.

ok that me told lol thank you all for the input i will apply for the 60 day tourist now. does that mean if i retire to Thailand i still have to get a visa every 90 days?

No !

If you 'retire' in Thailand you can obtain a one year extension of stay based either on your marriage or on the basis of retirement.

For an extension based on marriage you would need 400,000 Bht in a Thai bank or for an extension based on retirement 800,000 Bht. Either extension is renewable on a yearly basis with the same financial requirements.

For either extension you would need an "O" visa to start the process.

While only visiting Thailand for a few weeks at a time, use single entry tourist visas, or even travel without a visa which gives you 30 days on entry that you can extend for a further 30 days without leaving Thailand.

For retirement, if you have any old age pension, as a UK citizen, you can very easily get a one year multiple entry Non Imm O visa from the London Embassy. This requires you to do border hops every 90 days, but is otherwise hassle free.

While only visiting Thailand for a few weeks at a time, use single entry tourist visas, or even travel without a visa which gives you 30 days on entry that you can extend for a further 30 days without leaving Thailand.

For retirement, if you have any old age pension, as a UK citizen, you can very easily get a one year multiple entry Non Imm O visa from the London Embassy. This requires you to do border hops every 90 days, but is otherwise hassle free.

That multi-entry visa is not a solution to long term retirement unless it is extended.

The visa can only be obtained from from one Consulate in the region and requires cash in a Thai bank to obtain.

That multi-entry visa is not a solution to long term retirement unless it is extended.

The visa can only be obtained from from one Consulate in the region and requires cash in a Thai bank to obtain.

For a UK citizen with a state pension who visits the UK at least once a year it is an excellent solution.

For someone who wants to stay in a house in Petchburi from some specific date until he dies, an extension of stay on the basis of retirement is better.

For a UK citizen with a state pension who visits the UK at least once a year it is an excellent solution.

For someone who wants to stay in a house in Petchburi from some specific date until he dies, an extension of stay on the basis of retirement is better.

Your opinion !

People relying on a State Pension as a sole source of income would find returning to the UK every year for a new visa a financial challenge.

For those who have the means an extension of stay is, by far, the better option.

If you are traveling to here a few times each year getting a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage would be a good option. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. You can easily get one from the embassy in London with no financial proof. The fee is 125 pounds.

If you derided to move here you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any of the 90 entries from the visa. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

42 day stay, don't even bother with a visa, fly in, get a 30 days visa exempt stamp

than head to any immigration an get a 30 day extension for 1,900 bhat

easy

why pay extra for an expense visa you will not use?

Possible need for a flight out within 30 days of arrival. If needed that could be a one way ticket to a nearby country that could cost up to 2k baht.

Not sure how many trips he makes in a year. If 3 trips a year not having to pay for a extension would more than pay for a multiple entry non-o visa.

42 day stay, don't even bother with a visa, fly in, get a 30 days visa exempt stamp

than head to any immigration an get a 30 day extension for 1,900 bhat

easy

why pay extra for an expense visa you will not use?

he may be denied bording by the airline, as he has no ticket out the country within 30 days, he would be able to get a 60 day extension, also 1,900 baht is more than a tourist visa £25.00.even if you include the £10 handling fee.

So apart from that your advice is spot on.

thankyou all for your input. if as i note in previous post a free 30 day with an extension is 1900baht (abt 40.00 gbp) it would it not be cheaper for me to get a 60 day tourist visa for 25.00 (if i have the prices correct)

in passing if any one needs plumbing / solar /water recycling information it was / is for my sins my profession for past 50 something years.

I believe the GBP 10 handling fee was charged by some honourary consulates when the tourist was free during a promotional period. But there is the travelling expense or postage to be included in the cost calculation.

Anyway, I always get a visa for a stay of over 30 days. It saves me the inconvenience – and expense – of going to an immigration office for an extension.

I'm surprised you're not getting the answers yet but that they will.

800,000 baht deposited in a bank account which you will have access to after a while I'm sure Ubon Joe knows the answer to that .I think you can get a 60-day visa from Vientiane Laos. I'm typing by talking it's working on my Samsung up on my mountain in Hawaii .. good signal.. aloha

Edited by KonaRain

I believe the GBP 10 handling fee was charged by some honourary consulates when the tourist was free during a promotional period. But there is the travelling expense or postage to be included in the cost calculation.

Anyway, I always get a visa for a stay of over 30 days. It saves me the inconvenience – and expense – of going to an immigration office for an extension.

Birmingham and Hull still charge the £10.00 when collected. (no postal service)