SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the UK leaving the EU?

• Yes, I am a UK national and I support leaving the EU.
    • Yes, I support the UK leaving the EU, but I am not a UK national.
    • No, I am a UK national and I do not support leaving the EU.
    • No, I do not support the UK leaving the EU and I am not a UK national.

This poll is closed to new votes

How about this from the bastion of truth and honesty? (The BBC News website) this morning

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36243296

The Prime Minister will today warn that peace in Europe could be at risk if Britain votes to leave the EU.

The UK has regretted "turning its back" on Europe in the past, David Cameron will say as he invokes history to make his case for staying in the EU.

He will say the UK's national story is intertwined with Europe's, citing events such as the battles of Waterloo, Blenheim and the Spanish Armada.

But those were all battles where the UK was actually fighting European countries.

Does the PM have any idea what he is talking about?

In a single word NO

If he knew anything about history, he would know that no Empire, built by force, or built by stealth has ever survived the test of time.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of polls have at least some bias to their origins - also the question asked and sample type/size is relevant.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/30/referendum-poll-boost-remain-campaign-economic-argument

the most frightening thing is that in and out are about the same - with 13% "undecided" - I would have thought that if they haven't decided by now there is something very wrong with their thought processes. This means that the future of the UK is in the hands of a minority group of ditherers, haverers and waverers.

i guess if they can't work that out, maybe come the day, they won't be able to find the polling station either?

Why do you need to be so rude?

Perhaps voters are 'undecided' because there are no facts, only opinions - and pretty much only 'vested interest' opinions!

The weeks are ticking by. Have the leave campaign put out any timescale on how long we would remain EU citizens and if the UK we would be forced into replacing passports?

You scaremonger. laugh.png

Absolutely, the devil is in the detail.

Staying in could cost Brits rights that have existed since the Magna Carts.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/668062/EU-referendum-Brexit-warning-Brussels-Britain-UK-democracy-European-Prosecutor

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

like being hung drawn and quartered?
Trial by jury, and innocent until proved guilty.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/668062/EU-referendum-Brexit-warning-Brussels-Britain-UK-democracy-European-Prosecutor

EU largely designed by British legal experts has actually broadened human rights in the UK since membership. please - I get the feeling you don't even really know what the Magna carter was, let alone the history of civil/human rights in the UK.

\BTW - If you are thinking of the International court of Justice in Den Haag, that's not even an EU institution.

Edited by cumgranosalum

The weeks are ticking by. Have the leave campaign put out any timescale on how long we would remain EU citizens and if the UK we would be forced into replacing passports?

Correct and so far,regarding the future direction of this corrupt so called Union,it appears they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes once again.Reminiscent of 1975 when we were conned into believing we were voting for a trading organisation.

Please not Magna Carta again you have been watching that idiot Daniel Hannan again haven't you. Magna Carta never conferred any rights on the vast majority of those that lived in the British Isles, most of whom were serfs. It was a document drawn up to prevent a national despot (the king) riding rough shod over the local despots (the barons). The barons would have been amazed if you had told them that it also stopped them from throwing into their dungeons anyone that upset them.

The document was adopted and modified to apply to many more several hundred years later but to say those rights existed since Magna Carta is just plain wrong.

Correct and so far,regarding the future direction of this corrupt so called Union,it appears they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes once again.Reminiscent of 1975 when we were conned into believing we were voting for a trading organisation.

Each to their own perspective.

RAF veteran and NHS campaigner Harry Leslie Smith said: "Britain is stronger in Europe because it reflects the values my generation fought for in Europe during the Second World War."

Please not Magna Carta again you have been watching that idiot Daniel Hannan again haven't you. Magna Carta never conferred any rights on the vast majority of those that lived in the British Isles, most of whom were serfs. It was a document drawn up to prevent a national despot (the king) riding rough shod over the local despots (the barons). The barons would have been amazed if you had told them that it also stopped them from throwing into their dungeons anyone that upset them.

The document was adopted and modified to apply to many more several hundred years later but to say those rights existed since Magna Carta is just plain wrong.

Never heard of him, I had to google him.

Never heard of him, I had to google him.

Well he is wrong and you are wrong try googling Magna Carta and read what it was about then you wouldn't make such a comment, "Staying in could cost Brits rights that have existed since the Magna Carts."

EU largely designed by British legal experts has actually broadened human rights in the UK since membership. please - I get the feeling you don't even really know what the Magna carter was, let alone the history of civil/human rights in the UK.

\BTW - If you are thinking of the International court of Justice in Den Haag, that's not even an EU institution.

I am not sure you know, either! It is Magna Carta, not Magna carter. Possibly you are referring to All Black great Dan Carter? Because you have chosen a Latin moniker for this Forum, I would have expected you to get the Latin spelling of this Great Charter correct. No one is perfect, of course, we all make mistakes . . .

How about this from the bastion of truth and honesty? (The BBC News website) this morning

The Prime Minister will today warn that peace in Europe could be at risk if Britain votes to leave the EU.

The UK has regretted "turning its back" on Europe in the past, David Cameron will say as he invokes history to make his case for staying in the EU.

He will say the UK's national story is intertwined with Europe's, citing events such as the battles of Waterloo, Blenheim and the Spanish Armada.

But those were all battles where the UK was actually fighting European countries.

Yes! Do you?

Better inside the tent etc

In a single word NO

If he knew anything about history, he would know that no Empire, built by force, or built by stealth has ever survived the test of time.

So EU was built by force? Stealth? Twaddle

Hurrah! A historian on TV!

I am not sure you know, either! It is Magna Carta, not Magna carter. Possibly you are referring to All Black great Dan Carter? Because you have chosen a Latin moniker for this Forum, I would have expected you to get the Latin spelling of this Great Charter correct. No one is perfect, of course, we all make mistakes . . .

Ah! The great spelling bee strikes!

Pray tell what was the lingua Franca at the time of Magna Carta?

The Magna Carts. The Express

Next

I knew someone would blame the source, but the are quoting an ex British European Commissioner. You sure you're a Tyke?

Edited by Mosha

Next

I knew someone would blame the source, but the are quoting an ex British European Commissioner. You sure you're style?

Sorry, wouldn't wipe my 'arris with The Express

Come on guys!

You can do better than this!

Did you hear Cameron bringing up the defeat of the Spanish Armada? Napoleon at Waterloo? Hitler?

Did you get the point?

That's all consigned to history ?

Edited by Grouse

Next

I knew someone would blame the source, but the are quoting an ex British European Commissioner. You sure you're style?

Style should read Tyke. Bloody auto correct.

Next

Style should read Tyke. Bloody auto correct.

Ha! Ok, very funny!

Let's give grumpy Grouse some slack, he's obviously unaware of how bad the situation in the EU is now, and it's also impossible for him to comprehend in which direction the Brussel Eurocrats are forcing the EU along. Having said that he is British,In fact a Tyke ( I feel so embarrassed and ashamed ).

Unlike those Aussies,Germans and Americans who are on these threads who are also telling us to surrender our sovereignty, independent political system and the future of Our country to the EU.

Edited by nontabury