SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the UK leaving the EU?

• Yes, I am a UK national and I support leaving the EU.
    • Yes, I support the UK leaving the EU, but I am not a UK national.
    • No, I am a UK national and I do not support leaving the EU.
    • No, I do not support the UK leaving the EU and I am not a UK national.

This poll is closed to new votes

Let's give grumpy Grouse some slack, he's obviously unaware of how bad the situation in the EU is now, and it's also impossible for him to comprehend in which direction the Brussel Eurocrats are forcing the EU along. Having said that he is British,In fact a Tyke ( I feel so embarrassed and ashamed ).

Unlike those Aussies,Germans and Americans who are on these threads who are also telling us to surrender our sovereignty, independent political system and the future of Our country to the EU.

Judging by your comment I can only assume that he has not read today's Political commentators and realised what a spectacular own goal Cameron has just scored.

On second thoughts, he probably has and that is why he is in desperation mode.

I never realised that there was so many surrender monkeys in the world whistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Cameron has sunk to a new low in the desperation stakes. Does

he have any credibility left, at all?

He is absolutely scraping the bottom of the barrel, now, and he doesn't

have much else to trot out.

Perhaps invoking King Kong or Godzilla as the next demons that the

United Kingdom may face if it leaves the safety and security of the

EU?

Having just read through this thread I feel that having left school at 15 to work and help support our family of six, that not having a degree in reading and writing I find I am unable to inform myself of all the facts and figures to form an 'informed' opinion so all I have left is to go with my gut feeling.

One thing I have learned is that when people try to blackmail or intimidate you, you call their bluff.

The Bremain people are a glass half empty group,

while the Brexit people are a glass half full group.

The weeks are ticking by. Have the leave campaign put out any timescale on how long we would remain EU citizens and if the UK we would be forced into replacing passports?

You scaremonger. laugh.png

Absolutely, the devil is in the detail.

Correct and so far,regarding the future direction of this corrupt so called Union,it appears they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes once again.Reminiscent of 1975 when we were conned into believing we were voting for a trading organisation.

poor old Nontaburi...they keep having him over!...yet he never learns.

The reality is that the "Bremainers" aren't scaremongers at all...they are for the most part pointing out the disadvantages of leaving - and they are manifold and serious. Th

there are on both sides inept politicians who think that be exaggeration they are helping their causes, whichever side.

On the brexit side two things keep coming up

the concept of being ruled by faceless bureaucrats or the Germans and some vague ideas about "freedom" and some notions that UK was "better" or "better off "

they are all tosh

The Eu is not run by unaccountable bureaucrats and it is certainly not run by Germany - in fact UK is probably the most influential country in the EU.

EWU has a parliament which has overruled many proposals and the commission is people ed by those elected in their own countries.

the ideas of "freedom" are also baseless - under the EU human rights have been reinforced - equality regardless of race gender and religion etc - pay equality etc etc

As for any idea that UK would be better off alone...well at no time in history has Uk EVER been better off alone.

In the last 2 or 3 centuries UK has firstly depended on a huge empire and then on membership of the EU - by the 1960s the days of "empire" and the resulting cheap resources etc were over and it became obvious to all that we needed to be members of a new club...europe - not for the first time either.

if we leave Europe - we can't go back to any "golden age" or "independence" because there never was one.

OK. Off for a G&T at the American Bar

A Yorkshire man having a G+T, I thought that was a women's drink.

Certainly a perculier person, not a drinker of Theakstons Old Peculier

A fair cop!

It's this damned heat - gone slightly tropo I'm afraid!

Poor old Boris!

He's actually pro EU but desperately wants to lead The Conservative Party. So he's coming out with all sorts of codswallop that he does not believe.

Ken Clarke is on the latest edition of Any Questions. Hilarious demolition job!

Edited by Grouse

Poor old Boris!

He's actually pro EU but desperately wants to lead The Conservative Party. So he's coming out with all sorts of codswallop that he does not believe.

Would't trust Boris or Ken Clark. Prefer to read up on the subject,thus leading me to the conclusion that it's far better for the UK to exit the shambles of a EU.

Poor old Boris!

Would't trust Boris or Ken Clark. Prefer to read up on the subject,thus leading me to the conclusion that it's far better for the UK to exit the shambles of a EU.

There are 2 skills involved in reading - first is reading itself the second is comprehension

MNI: Latest UK Brexit polls...

MNI: Latest UK Brexit pollsPollster              Remain  Leave  undecided          sample--------------------------------------------------------------ICM           May-09      44     46         10YouGov        May-08      42     40         18BMG Research  May-04      43     45   13 (sic)ICM           May-03      44     45         11ICM           May-01      43     46         11Opinium       Apr-30      41     42         17ORB           Apr-30      49     51                        800YouGov        Apr-28      41     42         17Survation     Apr-28      45     38         17ICM           Apr-27      44     46         10  onlineORB           Apr-26      51     46                        800ComRes        Apr-20      51     40          9Ipsos Mori    Apr-19      49     39         12

Source: Market News International (MNI) – A Deutsche Börse company

9. May 2016 22:28:13

Poor old Boris!

Got it in one.

I watched the speech, talked a lot but said nothing.

In common with the rest it is all generalisations without saying how this new regime would actually be achieved.

The EU and 2020

This article was written in July 2014 by Andrew Lilico, Charmain of European Economics.

Recent events have made the British political commentariat more aware than before of just how committed European political leaders are to delivering political union in a Single European State.
It should now be clear that this is not the unlikely ambition of a few starry-eyed visionaries. It is the stated official goal of the Italian Prime Minister, the French President, the German Chancellor, the current and next Presidents of the European Commission, the President of the European Council, and just about every significant mainstream political figure in the Eurozone.
That means that at some point, perhaps shortly after 2020, with the Eurozone constituted as a confederate Single European State and wanting to use the institution of the EU as its institutions — the European Parliament as its confederation-level Parliament, the Commission as its civil service and so on — the residual nugatory non-Eurozone EU will have to be wound up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10935617/After-2020-all-EU-members-will-have-to-adopt-the-euro.html

Without doubt the source will be attacked and the message completely ignored.

It is also clear that that this is just not a vote on whether the UK should remain or exit the EU. It is a vote on whether the UK ceases to exist and becomes an EU State.

Added.

All this info is freely available on the EU website if you care to look.

Edited by SgtRock

Penalty of head in the sand.

"It is hard to find someone in Frankfurt who will say they want Britain to leave the EU - but many are already planning to take advantage if it does.

A "leave" vote would oblige the banks, insurance companies and other financial businesses that use London as a base for their European operations to move some of their business into the eurozone."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35707141

The EU and 2020

This article was written in July 2014 by Andrew Lilico, Charmain of European Economics.

Recent events have made the British political commentariat more aware than before of just how committed European political leaders are to delivering political union in a Single European State.
It should now be clear that this is not the unlikely ambition of a few starry-eyed visionaries. It is the stated official goal of the Italian Prime Minister, the French President, the German Chancellor, the current and next Presidents of the European Commission, the President of the European Council, and just about every significant mainstream political figure in the Eurozone.
That means that at some point, perhaps shortly after 2020, with the Eurozone constituted as a confederate Single European State and wanting to use the institution of the EU as its institutions — the European Parliament as its confederation-level Parliament, the Commission as its civil service and so on — the residual nugatory non-Eurozone EU will have to be wound up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10935617/After-2020-all-EU-members-will-have-to-adopt-the-euro.html

It is also clear that that this is just not a vote on whether the UK should remain or exit the EU. It is a vote on whether the UK ceases to exist and becomes an EU State.

Added.

Your premise of a U.S.E. is utterly flawed - Firstly it doesn't have to happen by any stretch of the imagination...and secondly many think that would be a good idea....and why not?

Edited by cumgranosalum

The EU and 2020

Added.

Your premise of a U.S.E. is utterly flawed - Firstly it doesn't have to happen by any stretch of the imagination...and secondly many think that would be a good idea....and why not?

There are none so blind as those who will not see.or in your case refuse to see.

The EU and 2020

Added.

Sounds like quite a good deal to me if somewhere down the line the EU insist on us joining the Euro and if we don't agree we have to move into the EEA. This would give us the trade access which is vital to our future and allow us to negotiate from a stronger position as opposed to sticking two fingers up at them now and having to then plead for access to their markets.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.or in your case refuse to see.

It is each to his own on this one so better to stick to the point in question and not the poster.

Each to their own perspective.

RAF veteran and NHS campaigner Harry Leslie Smith said: "Britain is stronger in Europe because it reflects the values my generation fought for in Europe during the Second World War."

My Dad was an RAF veteran and I can't post what he would reply to that but it would be something like "I disagree old chap."laugh.pngwhistling.gif

The weeks are ticking by. Have the leave campaign put out any timescale on how long we would remain EU citizens and if the UK we would be forced into replacing passports?

You scaremonger. laugh.png

Absolutely, the devil is in the detail.

Correct and so far,regarding the future direction of this corrupt so called Union,it appears they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes once again.Reminiscent of 1975 when we were conned into believing we were voting for a trading organisation.

Each to their own perspective.

RAF veteran and NHS campaigner Harry Leslie Smith said: "Britain is stronger in Europe because it reflects the values my generation fought for in Europe during the Second World War."

Regarding the NHS, I wonder if he's aware that the NHS would most likely finish up privatised when post-78707-14628624606418_thumb.jpgwe are taken into the TTIP by our masters in Brussels.

Edited by nontabury

Yep the few on here just can't except over 200 ( OUT ) against 52 ( IN'S ). clap2.gif

You think TV is a representative sample Of UK? I hope to god it isn't or we are truly doomed and not just on this issue.

Yep the few on here just can't except over 200 ( OUT ) against 52 ( IN'S ). clap2.gif

You think TV is a representative sample Of UK? I hope to god it isn't or we are truly doomed and not just on this issue.

Knew you were going to say that. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Suggest cumgranulosum and Grouse read this article;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/10/devastating-mori-poll-shows-europes-peoples-share-british-rage-o/

Or perhaps all those people surveyed do not meet the intellectual criteria that those two posters demand!

After all cumgranulosum knows everything!

Both have EU disease.

Head firmly jammed up *** and unable to see or hear anything.