Will Terminal 21 coming to Pattaya impact on property prices?

Wasa

Agree, Wasa, but if I can clarify something. The new condo complexes just finished in central Pattaya, Centric Sea and The Base, do consist mainly of small 1 bedroom units of around 29 to 37sqm. The Base, in particular, was primarily marketed to BKK yuppies looking for a small, affordable, getaway condo at the beach. If anybody remembers the glossy brochure, it was mostly photos of young Thais jumping up and down looking happy and not a single farang anywhere in sight. With both condo complexes, however, there are larger 2 bedroom/2 bath condos available that are bigger than a shoebox. I think this is the case with a lot of the new condos, including Posh, Unixx, Supalai, Grand Caribbean, Southpoint, Lumpini, Trust, Riviera, and so on. The trend is small condos, big amenities, but most offer some larger units, as well.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, Wasa, but if I can clarify something. The new condo complexes just finished in central Pattaya, Centric Sea and The Base, do consist mainly of small 1 bedroom units of around 29 to 37sqm. The Base, in particular, was primarily marketed to BKK yuppies looking for a small, affordable, getaway condo at the beach. If anybody remembers the glossy brochure, it was mostly photos of young Thais jumping up and down looking happy and not a single farang anywhere in sight. With both condo complexes, however, there are larger 2 bedroom/2 bath condos available that are bigger than a shoebox. I think this is the case with a lot of the new condos, including Posh, Unixx, Supalai, Grand Caribbean, Southpoint, Lumpini, Trust, Riviera, and so on. The trend is small condos, big amenities, but most offer some larger units, as well.

Bangkok Thais were scooping up the shoebox condos during the big flood.

The property pimps are up early today!!tongue.png

This is nothing more than typical bad planning in Pattaya, look at the likes of Rayong, they have the sense to put Big C, Cenral, Makro etc. on the side of the 36 Motorway on the fringes of town, easily accessible for everyone without the pain of constant gridlock.

But keep on believing guys, i certainly would not want to live in an area where travelling gave me constant grief.

Well you're speaking about convenience. I agree, living/traveling in the outskirts (or any low traffic area) is convenient. This is not a good argument for high property values.

You are giving examples like Manhattan, Hong Kong, Shanghai, London, you cannot possibly see Pattaya in the same light, big difference these cities have is infrastructure...Subways, Street cars, Mass transit systems which are distinctly lacking here in case you had not noticed.

The only reason Pattaya gets so packed with buildings/malls etc, is because developers have the ability to buy their permissions which in a normally administered city would not be allowed, anybody that knows anything about Pattaya already knows this.

But each to their own, certainly not my ideal choice of location to live.

It's called living in the big city...some people enjoy the variety and choices available in a larger urban environment while others prefer the relative isolation and quiet of a suburban or countryside living.

Increases limited parking. Prices will go down!

Limit parking and traffic will go down. Property prices, up.

Have you ever been in Pattaya? no matter how little parking available here the masses just drive around and around and around, simple logic does not apply here!
Have you? Plenty of parking, with most of the places I frequent providing free or validated parking (Foodland, Harbour, Central, Villa, Festival). In addition, many restos and shops "reserve" street-side parking for their customers. Also lots of UNMETERED street parking around town.

Plenty of parking hacks too...like parking at Central to visit the beach or "visiting friends" to park in the Markland for a day at the beach or watch the New Years fireworks.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Increases limited parking. Prices will go down!

Limit parking and traffic will go down. Property prices, up.

Have you ever been in Pattaya? no matter how little parking available here the masses just drive around and around and around, simple logic does not apply here!
Have you? Plenty of parking, with most of the places I frequent providing free or validated parking (Foodland, Harbour, Central, Villa, Festival). In addition, many restos and shops "reserve" street-side parking for their customers. Also lots of UNMETERED street parking around town.

Plenty of parking hacks too...like parking at Central to visit the beach or "visiting friends" to park in the Markland for a day at the beach or watch the New Years fireworks.

15 years now living here been visiting since 97, yes there are some limited validated parking at some shops, but this is not the norm, as i said earlier prices and sales are on the decline, a glitzy mall is not a sales driver!

I can assure you I know many parking spaces that are way off your regular map, but the bottom line is that a glitzy mall adds congestion and devalues properties in the immediate area As far as I am concerned only my point of view of course.

Edited by LennyW

15 years now living here been visiting since 97, yes there are some limited validated parking at some shops, but this is not the norm, as i said earlier prices and sales are on the decline, a glitzy mall is not a sales driver!

I can assure you I know many parking spaces that are way off your regular map, but the bottom line is that a glitzy mall adds congestion and devalues properties in the immediate area As far as I am concerned only my point of view of course.

Tear down an uncrowded/unpopular/empty/festering & deteriorating eyesore... then build a 'glitzy' mall and property values will decline because it's congested/crowded/mobbed/jam packed & popular?

Edited by CousinEddie