Do you pay her a salary? (I do.)

PT4

Shock horror! 70 million people in Thailand and it's possible for a westerner to meet one who isn't among the 250,000 girls in the sex industry????

Well according to WHO, or maybe it was Amnesty, there are more like 5 million sex workers in Thailand, I can hunt up a link if someone needs it, but I dont think you'd believe there are only 250K

Life expectancy in Thailand 74 yrs, population follows a natural growth parttern so there are more younger people

Rough calculation, lets say all sex workers are 15-40, 90% female, just under 30 million people in that age range, 16 million females

4.5 million / 16 million,

1 in everty 3.5 girls in thailand a sex worker of sorts

Not forgetting most falangs dont really have much of a clue what goes on between thais

1 in 3.5 no doubt over inflated, but I dont think 1 in 6 would be that much of a stretch, which would cover most of the hot ones

You want to meet a hot girl in Thailand, that at least hasnt had a whole bunch of thai and foreign men throw money at her....Shock Horror Exclamation Mark, dont think your chances are all that favourable

Five million is totally false...

• An academic study estimated 200,000 sex workers in Thailand everything from street girls, to karaoke bars, hotels, thai only brothels, tea houses, ramwong bars, to high end membership clubs for Thais only with a total value added annually to the economy of 48,220m thb ( Thailand's illegal economy and public policy (ISBN 9747100754) Pasuk Phongpaichit etc all )
  • World Heath Organisation estimated 200,000 in 2001
  • A 2015 study by NGOs put it at about 250,000

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many here seem to confuse "budget" and "salary".

Not sure there is any confusion at all.

Man pays money to lady every month, if it dries up, and he is no longer able to pay, she will move on.

Right. so as I give my missus a chunk of coin every month to take care of household expenses that would be a budget.

So that makes her a whore ?

Sounds like I need to hire a maid and let her take care of the household expenses to relieve my missus of her whore duties then.

In a western sense we we do not pay our wives a 'salary', we pay them a 'budget'. But Thai people prefer to call it a salary. My wife gets a 'pension', but would never call it this as it sounds derogatory.

In a western sense we we do not pay our wives a 'salary', we pay them a 'budget'. But Thai people prefer to call it a salary. My wife gets a 'pension', but would never call it this as it sounds derogatory.

Well. seems like your wife is a whore as well then.

Right. so as I give my missus a chunk of coin every month to take care of household expenses that would be a budget.

Only if she stopped having sex with you and left if you missed a payment.

If you said, no money this month, I'm broke, and she said, that's OK dear we'll manage somehow = not a whore.

Cleaning and cooking for money = maid/housekeeper.

Sex for money = whore.

So my GF is a hooker because I pay her?

You said it, mate

Although it was a short sentence, you didn't notice the "?" ? Many frustrated people on this forum and the moment a member mentions his relation with an ex bar girl it's like the dogs get fresh meat. It's funny how some try desperately to keep up their appearances. Do you think it makes you a better or more important person if you are married to a graduate or a hiso? It's like the less you give to your wife the higher you climb in the rankings.

I'm not keeping up appearances. Not paying a woman to be with you isn't "an appearance" in most people's microcosm of life.

I most people's microcosm of life, men and women date, marry and/or screw each other because they like/love each other.

Guys like you, who choose to pay a woman a salary to be with you, aren't doing anything wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Now, you can place whatever label you like on that arrangement because that's your prerogative but you can't blame people for laughing and lampooning you because such an arrangement isn't in keeping with the "norm".

A lot of you guys tell each other that it's "normal" to pay a woman to be with you here but I don't see ordinary Thai guys doing it so I think you and all the other foreign guys doing it just tell yourself it's normal to make yourselves feel less seedy.

Only if she stopped having sex with you and left if you missed a payment.

If you said, no money this month, I'm broke, and she said, that's OK dear we'll manage somehow = not a whore.

How would I miss a payment ?.

When I no longer go to work each day I will move back to my home country, which she loves and is always asking when do we move there.

You call it what you want.... a budget, pension, salary, donation.

The only way to find out is to completely stop the payment and see what happens.

Most women in the West actually do stick with their man. Something happens financially, the woman will pull her weight, take care of kids or whatever it takes for the couple to get through. I was in a relationship like this in the West and will not downgrade myself in Thailand.

Only the payee and to a lesser degree a payer know the real truth.

You call it what you want.... a budget, pension, salary, donation.

The only way to find out is to completely stop the payment and see what happens.

You think I should take time off work to sort out all the household expenses instead of giving the money to my missus ?

Man pays money to lady every month, if it dries up, and he is no longer able to pay, she will move on.

Don't be ridiculous, of course it doesn't.

A lot of you guys tell each other that it's "normal" to pay a woman to be with you here but I don't see ordinary Thai guys doing it ........

And I see lots of Thai guys doing it, so can only suggest you're not very observant, or don't interact with Thai guys all that much.

My 3 closest Thai neighbors, Two hand cash to their wives. One pays 10k/month, one gives all his wage every pay day, the third pays for everything else, his wife has a decent job, spends all her salary on herself. He pays for absolutely everything, housing, schools, cars, food, utils.

Don't be ridiculous, of course it doesn't.

According to a few posters on here it very much means she is a whore.

I think it is difficult to compare arrangements in the West with those in Thailand. The average earnings in most of the Western world are probably 6 to 10 times greater than in Thailand, even if many here are on company / state pensions. This changes the perspective of who pays what in Western / Thai relationships.

A lot of you guys tell each other that it's "normal" to pay a woman to be with you here but I don't see ordinary Thai guys doing it ........

And I see lots of Thai guys doing it, so can only suggest you're not very observant, or don't interact with Thai guys all that much.

My 3 closest Thai neighbors, Two hand cash to their wives. One pays 10k/month, one gives all his wage every pay day, the third pays for everything else, his wife has a decent job, spends all her salary on herself. He pays for absolutely everything, housing, schools, cars, food, utils.

Sorry but 3 couples doesn't qualify as "lots" in my book.

In any case, giving a woman housekeeping money isn't a salary or a stipend in the spirit of the arrangement the OP was talking about

I think it is difficult to compare arrangements in the West with those in Thailand. The average earnings in most of the Western world are probably 6 to 10 times greater than in Thailand, even if many here are on company / state pensions. This changes the perspective of who pays what in Western / Thai relationships.

In a traditional old western style marriage the man went out to work and the wife stayed home to take care of child and house.

Now according to a few on here if that man gave his wife money to do this she is a whore.

Yes. It is absolutely true that Thai guys hand over the salary to their wives.

Actually I won't say absolutely as times change. It's probably a village thing and not a city thing. However, I am not an expert on Thailand and I am just talking out of my behind.

My wife's Father gives his salary to her Mom every month. They don't spend it, just hoard it. However, I refuse to do this.

If anyone needs money from me it's my own mom. I explained this to wife and she understood.

no, it does not. I grew up in Yugoslavia where the average salary was $200 and no one paid anyone to be in a relationship.

Dreams.

My wife is a middle class BKK hottie 7 years younger with an absolute heart of gold.

Four years and we are still well smitten.

She has a business and pays for all.

I can pay but she won't have it.

I've found the guys with the upcountry lo-so girls (or equivalent) pay the stipend.

I guess it's 'whatever it takes' for many hey.

You are 70 and she's 63?

​2. She doesn't have to beg or cajole every time she wants money for something.

I quite like the cajoling and begging.

Reminds them who you are and what they're for.

And you see that every year....for two weeks.

Lived here for 5 years, now I come for 2 months at a time.

Plenty of time for cajoling and begging.

Lived there for 5 years, now I holiday for 2 months at a time.

Fixed it for you.

]Lived there for 5 years, now I holiday for 2 months at a time.

Fixed it for you.

I'm here now, and in the same house, so it's still 'lived here'.

And coming 2 months at a time doesn't equate to being here two months a year.

Although I'll be here less in future, place seems to be 'lacking in happiness' recently.

Bit too much of the totalitarian jackboot appearing to be standing on the collective neck of the populace.

Sounds like I need to hire a maid and let her take care of the household expenses to relieve my missus of her whore duties then.

so you are going to sleep with both of them?

Why would I sleep with both ?

So my GF is a hooker because I pay her?

You said it, mate
Although it was a short sentence, you didn't notice the "?" ? Many frustrated people on this forum and the moment a member mentions his relation with an ex bar girl it's like the dogs get fresh meat. It's funny how some try desperately to keep up their appearances. Do you think it makes you a better or more important person if you are married to a graduate or a hiso? It's like the less you give to your wife the higher you climb in the rankings.

I'm not keeping up appearances. Not paying a woman to be with you isn't "an appearance" in most people's microcosm of life.

I most people's microcosm of life, men and women date, marry and/or screw each other because they like/love each other.

Guys like you, who choose to pay a woman a salary to be with you, aren't doing anything wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Now, you can place whatever label you like on that arrangement because that's your prerogative but you can't blame people for laughing and lampooning you because such an arrangement isn't in keeping with the "norm".

A lot of you guys tell each other that it's "normal" to pay a woman to be with you here but I don't see ordinary Thai guys doing it so I think you and all the other foreign guys doing it just tell yourself it's normal to make yourselves feel less seedy.

16 year happily together and you still call my GF a whore ?! Can we meet somewhere so you can tell this in my face?

Why would I sleep with both ?

it was a joke...

16 year happily together and you still call my GF a whore ?! Can we meet somewhere so you can tell this in my face?

Oh, grow up

Maybe you should use channel that energy into developing your reading comprehension because I don't remember calling your GF.

In fact, I distinctly remember you using the word

You should apologise

Archived