Do you pay her a salary? (I do.)

PT4

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Phongpaichit is correct and the number is 200,000 and Farang sex industry is 5% of the total industry then the total is 4 million.

200,000 including both Thai and Farang industry

Girls servicing Thai men, there is no way in hell, the figure is that low, out in the provinces, its everywhere

Phongpaichit is an economist and author not a research scientist, that figure comes from a piece written for the ILO in 1982. But truth is no one can do better than a ball park figure, no matter which country, its impossible to track.

Even EPCAT says there are upwards of a couple hundred thousand child prostitutes in Thailand

From peasant girls to Bangkok masseuses.

Author:

Phongpaichit P

Source:

Geneva, Switzerland, International Labour Office, 1982. viii, 80 p. (Women, Work and Development 2)

Abstract:

This report on Thai women working in the illegal but flourishing "massage," or "special service" (prostitution) business in Bangkok analyses the social and economic origins of this phenomenon, the women's lifestyle, and their village background. Fifty young women were interviewed, and several of their families in rural villages were traced. There are several reasons for the growth of the massage parlors. 1) In Thailand, women enjoy high status and traditionally earn a substantial portion of the family income from an early age. Migrants to the city send remittances back which are used primarily for daily expenses, especially by landless families. 2) Thailand has chosen a development strategy which develops urban industry, international trade and private enterprise, while neglecting services and development of rural areas, exacerbating the condition of the rural poor. 3) In recent decades, the upper class has adopted the custom of polygamy and concubinage as a status symbol, a practice wealthy men aspire to. Recently, despite government crackdowns, short-term male tourists provided 11% of Thailand's foreign exchange earnings. Estimates of the number of women in prostitution in Bangkok range from the official government figure of 18,000, to the police figure of 400,000 and higher. Some migrant women work as highly paid prostitutes, others in "massage parlors", and the less fortunate in parlors with no massage facilities. Some are recruited into the business by agents who lend their families sums which are paid off by bonded labor. It is estimated that women working in average houses make 25 times the wage of women working in ordinary jobs such as construction, sewing and retail. The article contains sections on the history of Thailand, tabulated answers to questions about the women's lives, and detailed accounts of their villages and families as well as stories of how they came to be massage girls in Bangkok.

Language:

English

Year: 1982

So even the police estimate in 1982 was 400,000

Then there are all the thai girls working in the sex industry in other Asian countries, particularly Japan, no one has any idea how many are in China, or how many used to be in Saudi Arabia

It would be minimum, 200,000 servicing falangs inside thailand, another 100000 outside thailand. Servicing thais in thailand - easily a million.

Guns, Girls, Gambling, Ganja. Thailaind's Illegal Economy And Public Policy. 1998.

So it's from 1998 and more recent than the 1981 book.

She takes the biggest estimates of 2.2 - 2.8million and the lowest figures. Data from the Police, Heath Ministry, NGOs, surveys from different academics and comes up with a figure of 150,000 - 200,000 15- 29 year olds with each girl staying in the job for 18 months to 2 years.

Add in children (20,000 - 35,000), non-Thais (20,000 - 35,000), older women, and it's getting closer towards 300,000 - 350,000.

The most recent study was from Havoscope in 2015 which puts it at 250,000. Makes more sense considering that the underage stuff has been vastly reduced, and education prospects have increased for the poor.

Even if you double the survey figures to 500,000 it's still a long way from 5 million.

My wife is a middle class BKK hottie 7 years younger with an absolute heart of gold.

Four years and we are still well smitten.

She has a business and pays for all.

I can pay but she won't have it.

I've found the guys with the upcountry lo-so girls (or equivalent) pay the stipend.

I guess it's 'whatever it takes' for many hey.

Prove it!!

The doubter!!!

If two are in love and have a common goal/plan/aspirations/drives/wishes....a shared future, do you honestly think it's not possible?

Don't worry pal, I'll be paying my share all in good time. We choose not to change a strong currency to weaker in this country run by a regime that has a "gag" order on free speech and independence.

We spend THB, not $'s, €'s or £'s.

Again, I do not pay my girl a salary. She'd be offended if I offered.

Please understand I speak and understand Thai well.

I am also well educated from a strong middle class business background.

My wife is a middle class hottie; not Hi-So.

We love and trust one another unconditionally.

I previously dated two genuine Hi-So girls. They want money.

I've never had an attraction to the shorter, darker lower class Siamese girls. They also want money.

I'm certain near all guys on this forum took the bait with rose tinted glasses and in retrospect, know they partnered well down...but did you "have it"?

You must understand you are living in one of the most "classist' societies.

If you're a decent enough guy who can at least speak some of the language and have some cultural understanding, there is an infinite number of quality women here who don't need a salary.

You've been played by the very girl you're sleeping with.

I've never had an attraction to the shorter, darker lower class Siamese girls. They also want money.

I'm certain near all guys on this forum took the bait with rose tinted glasses and in retrospect, know they partnered well down...but did you "have it"?

If you're a decent enough guy who can at least speak some of the language and have some cultural understanding, there is an infinite number of quality women here who don't need a salary.

"We love and trust each other unconditionally"

What does that even mean? Trust each other with what?

It's the kind of thing a lot of people say, intentionally vague.

When most guys say that they are really talking about trust her not to bump uglies with another guy. Many will just assume that's what you mean.

Ok, you are both medium-so to speak, maybe in Bangkok or Chaing Mao.

If it was a couple in Bangkok, not necessarily you, medium-so, guy doesn't pay a salary, but just general upkeep of the extra expense of living in Bangkok, maintaining a medium-so outlook

If the guy in that couple ends up spending just as much or more than I do paying a salary. ..what is the difference.

Siamese girls want money...ok, but it's dirt cheap to live out here.

Whether she's hi-so or low-so...who cares, dinner parties with high so friends...yawn. The day to day stress of living in Bangkok...gah!

And as with a lot of the others in this thread, no mention of kids.

What does any of that got to do with anything. Not like there arent pros and cons with any aspect

Even if she's going to bump uglies with another guy at some point...yeah so? Why would that be the be all and end all? If it is, well wasn't that much about being best friends or partners or soulmates to begin with.

Educated doesn't always equal smart, doesn't usually equal smart really and doesn't equal more or less boring.

A girl that's educated, of higher class...can end up having a bigger trainwreck of a family, end up costing you more..end up turning into a bigger nightmare later on when the how ever many year itch kicks in

Guns, Girls, Gambling, Ganja. Thailaind's Illegal Economy And Public Policy. 1998.

So it's from 1998 and more recent than the 1981 book.

She takes the biggest estimates of 2.2 - 2.8million and the lowest figures. Data from the Police, Heath Ministry, NGOs, surveys from different academics and comes up with a figure of 150,000 - 200,000 15- 29 year olds with each girl staying in the job for 18 months to 2 years.

Add in children (20,000 - 35,000), non-Thais (20,000 - 35,000), older women, and it's getting closer towards 300,000 - 350,000.

The most recent study was from Havoscope in 2015 which puts it at 250,000. Makes more sense considering that the underage stuff has been vastly reduced, and education prospects have increased for the poor.

Even if you double the survey figures to 500,000 it's still a long way from 5 million.

Havoscope is not a study it is a guy cut and pasting data from the internet and selling web ads with the info put in a nice format.

No study and no scientific principles applied.

I think the average punter on Thai Visa has a better idea of how many ladies are in the sex business than any study I've seen.

They are all estimates by people who don't have a clue and in most cases don't live in Thailand and frequent those areas.

It would not be difficult to get accurate data but it would cost money for the survey teams to go out in the field and this has not been done so any information is at best a guess and the best guesses would come from guys who live here in the sex industry areas.

"If the guy in that couple ends up spending just as much or more than I do paying a salary. ..what is the difference."?

Unconditional love mate.

The "love and trust one another unconditionally" part?

Just that. I'd lay down my life for her. I don't lie, cheat or steal. Will that hold? No man can ever be that certain for the future; nor any girl for that matter.

She was a girl I had to court. We both were initially attracted to one another...physically, and then emotionally.

I get what you're saying pal and honestly, if you've gotta girl (or a guy for that matter) and you're a decent man then, you have no problems with me; everyone needs someone.

Final answer; neither of us have children nor have previously been married.

She had wealthy Thai guys trying to court her for quite some time. Yet, she wouldn't marry "up" to become an inevitable "2nd" in time. She'd had 3 bf's before and I guess I'd had many girls.

I'll honour her always because deep down I know I have an absolute angel and I'm in awe of her.

Money has absolutely nothing to do with it. We are both fortunate to have it independently, and no-one assisted us to get ahead. That's just one of our similarities.

Happy Sunday's lads.

As a test , tell your wife something terrible happened back home and you will be without your salary/pension for the next 6 months. "But don't worry darling we'll manage somehow". Then let's see if everyone will contribute in the family so you will survive , the hard working relatives that you helped in the past financially , will they return the favor ? Will your wife be there for you and be understanding about the money situation ? Maybe even try to find a job ? After 6 months you will probably be a lot wiser.

you decided to marry someone and then decide to come up with a test afterwards? Good plan!

No I never married here , I just gave you something to think about.

I am just an independent person living in Thailand , I would probably check if my girl would stand by me for 6 months if I told her I had a low income and could not take care of her financially . (which is almost true) .

For me the best relationship is when we're both working, making a living and share all the bills . I don't want my future wife to become a house wife , that's like turning back the time 40 years.

Unconditional love mate.

Just that. I'd lay down my life for her. I don't lie, cheat or steal. Will that hold? No man can ever be that certain for the future; nor any girl for that matter.

She was a girl I had to court. We both were initially attracted to one another...physically, and then emotionally.

I get what you're saying pal and honestly, if you've gotta girl (or a guy for that matter) and you're a decent man then, you have no problems with me; everyone needs someone.

She had wealthy Thai guys trying to court her for quite some time. Yet, she wouldn't marry "up" to become an inevitable "2nd" in time. She'd had 3 bf's before and I guess I'd had many girls.

I'll honour her always because deep down I know I have an absolute angel and I'm in awe of her.

Money has absolutely nothing to do with it. We are both fortunate to have it independently, and no-one assisted us to get ahead. That's just one of our similarities.

Happy Sunday's lads.

That previous post sounded like you were putting down rural/poor/isaan girls. Something that seems to be a common TVF pastime

I think for falangs, as far as that thai culture learning curve goes, 6 months in the villages actually bothering to interact with the locals, making an effort to learn the language is equal to ten years for the falang that just stays put in Bangkok, Pattaya,Phuket and doesnt really bother with thais.

Not that it matters if you do or dont.

There are some things that are very different, but there are some things that are exactly the same as back home - pretty much almost anything female, in the end they are going to give a crap about the kids more than anything else, and as most people do when they get older, material things become less important since what ever crap you buy or spend money on just represents X amount of working hours, later on you worry more about your pension plan, for these girls, the only kind of pension plan that exists is having a bunch of kids, whether its 4 from one guy or 4 guys

You say all that about your wife, phrase it in a way that makes it sound esoteric, and I dont doubt you. But it is likely she is with you for reasons she may have never communicated to you: She doesnt want to have kids, She didnt marry up because thats a bunch of extra money spent chasing nonsense keeping up with the jones's as it were, She didnt marry a thai guy, because she doesnt trust any of them - that part in particular she knows you have no clue about. Even in part marrying you to reject part of her own culture, stay in Thailand, have all the good parts of Thai culture, but not marry a thai guy to avoid all the BS family arrangements, coughing up a bunch of money for every damn occasion for 100 extra relatives she hardly otherwise ever sees.

You say money has nothing to do with it., Do you think ANYONE is actually going to believe that?, might not be about sponging money off you, but for damn sure its about what you dont cost her

Back to these Siamese girls as you call them, many are like that because they know most of the falangs are only after the yoni, try suck as much money out of them as quickly as possible, because they know in all likelyhood, they will get dumped a few years later, once he gets bored.

They may be uneducated, but that certainly doesnt mean unintelligent. Not hard at all to sniff out the falangs that are likely to be keepers, first trip up country, visit a friend or relative with a new baby, the falang doesnt have any interest in that new baby...well then he has effed everything up from then on in, without even realising it. Falang doesnt respect the mother in particular or the religion, again he has effed everything up without realising it. So from then on in, its just, ok, get as much money out of this guy as we can.

The thais know sinsod is bullshit, when a thai marries a thai, the family will get together, put in a whole bunch of money for show, You'd never have a thai guy cough up a million baht and it not come back, in the villages thats 10 years salary....in an area where there is a man shortage cos most of the guys have buggered off to Bangkok to make money

Horror stories of ones that have a falang boyfriend, but then give all the money to some loser thai guy, because either they get too hung up on love, believe the thai is more likely to stick around for longer or the ones that do actually get off on getting treated like crap by a guy....that kind of stuff you have to watch out for everywhere, not just thailand, has nothing to do with their nationality, religion or culture.

You say you are not into the dark skinned low-so variety, To me they are the hottest girls on the planet, low-so, who cares? everything in rural thailand is low-so. Doesnt have to be about sex, just day to day, going off to market, or even Tesco, hot little dark skinned asian chics everywhere,most of them smiling at you, brighten up your day. I go to the mall back home in Sydney, lucky if 1 in 50 is a head turner with a whole lot of bitch face all the time.

Despite all ecomonic and cultural factors, there still is something else going on in Thailand you still dont get in other just as poor countries.

I believe that something to be that there are too many girls that are just too darn cute, the competition is too fierce, in rural areas there is a thai man shortage, the girls are brought up being used to infidelity amongst thai guys, or used to them just paying for sex. Not immediately obvious to falangs, but thats everywhere, coffee shops, karaoke bars etc.

Then there is also bisexuality amongst thai men, seems to be a lot more prominent than in the west, many dont seem to even bat an eyelid about getting it on with a guy, transexuals more convincing if they start out petite and prettier than average. Seen that kind of thing many times now too, some gathering thats supposed to be for Buddha even, and there will be some little gay dude, and a lot of the men will be all in his face getting touchy in public, in front of their wives, Never seen that kind of thing back home. The difference between genders a lot more pronounced back home than with thais.

Jealousy or worrying about her shagging another guy kind of a bit retarded, if, not only she doesnt really give a crap as long as the money is coming in and its away from the family, but she'll just assume every husband pays other girls for sex, because thats what they were brought up with, thats what they themselves were doing before they even got to Pattaya

You buy the wife the house and paint it all those atrocious fluro colours the thais love, you buy her the shiny new pickup, you pay her a salary, for two main reasons:

1. The thais are scared of the mafia, the army and the police in that order, If it looks like the falang has a bit of money, they wont eff with the wife becuase they will just assume she has the ability to pay the police. You just have to make sure you have a wife that will tell all the ones that want to borrow money to eff off, or at least the ones that are anything but low risk of paying it back

2. So that local thai guys offering her 300 baht for the chance to contract HIV then become off the menu

This is how I know most of what I hear on these forums is BS, any guy that has the hot young wife in rural thailand, and is trying to get away with only coughing up 10K baht a month acting like he is a big man cos he doesnt have to pay for it, is a total moron

As a test , tell your wife something terrible happened back home and you will be without your salary/pension for the next 6 months. "But don't worry darling we'll manage somehow". Then let's see if everyone will contribute in the family so you will survive , the hard working relatives that you helped in the past financially , will they return the favor ? Will your wife be there for you and be understanding about the money situation ? Maybe even try to find a job ? After 6 months you will probably be a lot wiser.

you decided to marry someone and then decide to come up with a test afterwards? Good plan!

I am just an independent person living in Thailand , I would probably check if my girl would stand by me for 6 months if I told her I had a low income and could not take care of her financially . (which is almost true) .

For me the best relationship is when we're both working, making a living and share all the bills . I don't want my future wife to become a house wife , that's like turning back the time 40 years.

Your scenario makes absolutely no sense. First get married to someone who doesn't have a job and needs financial support from you. Then give money to the family if they need it. Then make up a lie that you will have no money for 6 months. Then test the wife and family for 6 months to see how they contribute.

Your real life plan is not much better. Good luck with a relationship that you starts out as a lie.

Unconditional love mate.

Happy Sunday's lads.

That previous post sounded like you were putting down rural/poor/isaan girls. Something that seems to be a common TVF pastime

I think for falangs, as far as that thai culture learning curve goes, 6 months in the villages actually bothering to interact with the locals, making an effort to learn the language is equal to ten years for the falang that just stays put in Bangkok, Pattaya,Phuket and doesnt really bother with thais.

Not that it matters if you do or dont.

There are some things that are very different, but there are some things that are exactly the same as back home - pretty much almost anything female, in the end they are going to give a crap about the kids more than anything else, and as most people do when they get older, material things become less important since what ever crap you buy or spend money on just represents X amount of working hours, later on you worry more about your pension plan, for these girls, the only kind of pension plan that exists is having a bunch of kids, whether its 4 from one guy or 4 guys

You say all that about your wife, phrase it in a way that makes it sound esoteric, and I dont doubt you. But it is likely she is with you for reasons she may have never communicated to you: She doesnt want to have kids, She didnt marry up because thats a bunch of extra money spent chasing nonsense keeping up with the jones's as it were, She didnt marry a thai guy, because she doesnt trust any of them - that part in particular she knows you have no clue about. Even in part marrying you to reject part of her own culture, stay in Thailand, have all the good parts of Thai culture, but not marry a thai guy to avoid all the BS family arrangements, coughing up a bunch of money for every damn occasion for 100 extra relatives she hardly otherwise ever sees.

You say money has nothing to do with it., Do you think ANYONE is actually going to believe that?, might not be about sponging money off you, but for damn sure its about what you dont cost her

Back to these Siamese girls as you call them, many are like that because they know most of the falangs are only after the yoni, try suck as much money out of them as quickly as possible, because they know in all likelyhood, they will get dumped a few years later, once he gets bored.

They may be uneducated, but that certainly doesnt mean unintelligent. Not hard at all to sniff out the falangs that are likely to be keepers, first trip up country, visit a friend or relative with a new baby, the falang doesnt have any interest in that new baby...well then he has effed everything up from then on in, without even realising it. Falang doesnt respect the mother in particular or the religion, again he has effed everything up without realising it. So from then on in, its just, ok, get as much money out of this guy as we can.

The thais know sinsod is bullshit, when a thai marries a thai, the family will get together, put in a whole bunch of money for show, You'd never have a thai guy cough up a million baht and it not come back, in the villages thats 10 years salary....in an area where there is a man shortage cos most of the guys have buggered off to Bangkok to make money

Horror stories of ones that have a falang boyfriend, but then give all the money to some loser thai guy, because either they get too hung up on love, believe the thai is more likely to stick around for longer or the ones that do actually get off on getting treated like crap by a guy....that kind of stuff you have to watch out for everywhere, not just thailand, has nothing to do with their nationality, religion or culture.

You say you are not into the dark skinned low-so variety, To me they are the hottest girls on the planet, low-so, who cares? everything in rural thailand is low-so. Doesnt have to be about sex, just day to day, going off to market, or even Tesco, hot little dark skinned asian chics everywhere,most of them smiling at you, brighten up your day. I go to the mall back home in Sydney, lucky if 1 in 50 is a head turner with a whole lot of bitch face all the time.

Despite all ecomonic and cultural factors, there still is something else going on in Thailand you still dont get in other just as poor countries.

I believe that something to be that there are too many girls that are just too darn cute, the competition is too fierce, in rural areas there is a thai man shortage, the girls are brought up being used to infidelity amongst thai guys, or used to them just paying for sex. Not immediately obvious to falangs, but thats everywhere, coffee shops, karaoke bars etc.

Then there is also bisexuality amongst thai men, seems to be a lot more prominent than in the west, many dont seem to even bat an eyelid about getting it on with a guy, transexuals more convincing if they start out petite and prettier than average. Seen that kind of thing many times now too, some gathering thats supposed to be for Buddha even, and there will be some little gay dude, and a lot of the men will be all in his face getting touchy in public, in front of their wives, Never seen that kind of thing back home. The difference between genders a lot more pronounced back home than with thais.

Jealousy or worrying about her shagging another guy kind of a bit retarded, if, not only she doesnt really give a crap as long as the money is coming in and its away from the family, but she'll just assume every husband pays other girls for sex, because thats what they were brought up with, thats what they themselves were doing before they even got to Pattaya

You buy the wife the house and paint it all those atrocious fluro colours the thais love, you buy her the shiny new pickup, you pay her a salary, for two main reasons:

1. The thais are scared of the mafia, the army and the police in that order, If it looks like the falang has a bit of money, they wont eff with the wife becuase they will just assume she has the ability to pay the police. You just have to make sure you have a wife that will tell all the ones that want to borrow money to eff off, or at least the ones that are anything but low risk of paying it back

2. So that local thai guys offering her 300 baht for the chance to contract HIV then become off the menu

This is how I know most of what I hear on these forums is BS, any guy that has the hot young wife in rural thailand, and is trying to get away with only coughing up 10K baht a month acting like he is a big man cos he doesnt have to pay for it, is a total moron

Nice rant, glad to know you got that off your chest.

Begs the questions,

Who in their right mind would choose to live in such an envioirnment, never mind raise children in it.

Your average Thai is trying to escape this Medieval Feudal society, yet you seem hell bent on embracing it, strange, really strange.

Your scenario makes absolutely no sense. First get married to someone who doesn't have a job and needs financial support from you. Then give money to the family if they need it. Then make up a lie that you will have no money for 6 months. Then test the wife and family for 6 months to see how they contribute.

Your real life plan is not much better. Good luck with a relationship that you starts out as a lie.

I never said she didn't have a job did I ? If you want to get married in the first place you better find someone that are a bit educated and have some ambitions and not only looking for easy money from a farang.

If she works as a teacher in a public school it's a good start, at least the brain is working . She don't have to be rich but earning 15000 monthly is a start .

Begs the questions,

Who in their right mind would choose to live in such an envioirnment, never mind raise children in it.

Your average Thai is trying to escape this Medieval Feudal society, yet you seem hell bent on embracing it, strange, really strange.

Its a good point, a good way of putting it.

Embracing it, yes

Because what is the west, iphones, kitchen renovations, cooking shows, lucky if most even get to 2.1 kids nowadays, pay some therapist $200 an hour to tell you everything is going to be ok. Nanny state

My family, its just my mum and my brother thats it, brother only just has his first kid, half thast kids relos are old and wrinkly and have trouble breathing when he is born.

Where as she literally has 500 relatives, at least with the same family name anyway.

I'm one that believes kids especially when small, how many other kids they have to play with is far more important than any values the parents will crap on about, or what wisdom they think they will impart on the kid

The average thai is trying to escape their society? Oh are they?

Most falangs do end up sounding like they think they are better than Thais

We have more money, but thats about it

Dont know if modern western society was ever going to be sustainable over the long term, centuries that is

Maybe we are living in the fallacy, dont breed enough, everyone eventaully ends up too old. Right now we couldnt function without importing a bunch of immigrants from these feudal supposedly lesser societies.

I love Thailand, I love the Thais

Begs the questions,

Embracing it, yes

Because what is the west, iphones, kitchen renovations, cooking shows, lucky if most even get to 2.1 kids nowadays, pay some therapist $200 an hour to tell you everything is going to be ok. Nanny state

My family, its just my mum and my brother thats it, brother only just has his first kid, half thast kids relos are old and wrinkly and have trouble breathing when he is born.

Where as she literally has 500 relatives, at least with the same family name anyway.

I'm one that believes kids especially when small, how many other kids they have to play with is far more important than any values the parents will crap on about, or what wisdom they think they will impart on the kid

Dont know if modern western society was ever going to be sustainable over the long term, centuries that is

Maybe we are living in the fallacy, dont breed enough, everyone eventaully ends up too old. Right now we couldnt function without importing a bunch of immigrants from these feudal supposedly lesser societies.

You raise some interesting points, unfortunately Western consumerism is creeping into Thailand, in certain areas it has already reared its ugly head.

Face show and status dont help, must have red plates on the car, must have the latest gadgets and phones.

I was referring to the medieval subsistence farming aspect of life upcountry.

The days of these women having at least 6, if not 8 and in some cases 10 children seems to have been cast aside.

Many have left the farms and have sought employment in the industrial estates of Ayutthaya, Chonburi and Rayong.

Government courses to help those who didnt complete their education are widely available, for women courses such as hairdressing, make up etc, for the men air conditioning courses.

These days there really is no excuse for upcountry hammock swingers to complain about lack of opprtunity or employment.

Many seem to overlook the fact, we had education and employment opportunities that allow us to live here, some even have pensions.

In short we had advantages your average Thai didnt have and in many cases wont have.

Probably our greatest asset, we speak English that allows us to work in many countries, not much call for Thai speakers overseas

If you are an older guy looking to buy a family to take care of you, Thailand is probably one of the best countries to choose.

If you are raising children here, please at least offer them the same opportunites your western countries offered you.

Begs the questions,

Embracing it, yes

Drivel

It's not a choice between

mammon or subsistence.

Things simply aren't that

polarized. There are plenty

of shades in between that

don't require Thais to lose

their cultural distinctiveness.

Maybe you prefer those in

the rural areas to stay where

they are developmentally

since it provides you with a

large pool of partners with

financial imperatives that a

"sugar daddy" can address

in return for a piece of ass.

Begs the questions,

Embracing it, yes

Drivel

It's not a choice between

mammon or subsistence.

Things simply aren't that

polarized. There are plenty

of shades in between that

don't require Thais to lose

their cultural distinctiveness.

Maybe you prefer those in

the rural areas to stay where

they are developmentally

since it provides you with a

large pool of partners with

financial imperatives that a

"sugar daddy" can address

in return for a piece of ass.

Yes. I think this is a very good point. Nothing to add really.

Not to mention the tens of thousands on dating websites.

I see you still haven't got over your pathetic obsession with dating sites.

Let me guess: you signed up for a couple of sites and never came to terms with the fact that no one was interested in sad little Duncan.

One day you'll work it out. No woman anywhere dreams of pairing off with a creep or a depressive.

Let me guess: you signed up for a couple of sites and never came to terms with the fact that no one was interested in sad little Duncan.

One day you'll work it out. No woman anywhere dreams of pairing off with a creep or a depressive.

Never signed up on one in my life, never needed to.

As it was probably the only way you were gonna get a bird here, I admire your defence of them, but having little or no socialising skills, you were always going to find it difficult.

I have no time for them, and believe most of them have desperate women, scared of being 'left on the shelf', as they say, or outright slags, too lazy to get a job, as it is easier, and more lucrative, to find a lonely farang, and lay on your back for an hour.

Every walk of life has some critics and haters on here, drinkers, smokers, Pattaya, Isaan, potheads, to name a few, oh, yes, I forgot Americans.

I am not obsessed about it at all, what people do is up to them, but if people choose to sing the praises of it, I will voice my opinion.

I used dating sites a lot and still would and i have met many ladies and some are very nice. However every single lady i met had some form of quite strong previous connection with Western men. Many are prostitutes, many were prostitutes, many had ex Western boyfriends and the rest had friends or family who had been successful in meeting Western men. I have my eyes open and am aware of these things and will date these ladies accordingly, but ultimately their aims and ambitions are similar to that of a girl working at a bar. In short most will be ideally looking for a provider man via indirect payment, some of those will opt for direct payment as a substitute, others are looking just for direct payment and they have their methods to achieve this. I suspect TDKK is simply warning of caution with regard to dating sites.

As it was probably the only way you were gonna get a bird here, I admire your defence of them, but having little or no socialising skills, you were always going to find it difficult.

I have no time for them, and believe most of them have desperate women, scared of being 'left on the shelf', as they say, or outright slags, too lazy to get a job, as it is easier, and more lucrative, to find a lonely farang, and lay on your back for an hour.

Every walk of life has some critics and haters on here, drinkers, smokers, Pattaya, Isaan, potheads, to name a few, oh, yes, I forgot Americans.

I am not obsessed about it at all, what people do is up to them, but if people choose to sing the praises of it, I will voice my opinion.

Oh, you little sweetie!

You really are a gem. Trust me, you are an obsessive. And it's not by accident that you've ended up single, lonely and depressed.

I used dating sites a lot and still would and i have met many ladies and some are very nice. However every single lady i met had some form of quite strong previous connection with Western men. Many are prostitutes, many were prostitutes, many had ex Western boyfriends and the rest had friends or family who had been successful in meeting Western men. I have my eyes open and am aware of these things and will date these ladies accordingly, but ultimately their aims and ambitions are similar to that of a girl working at a bar. In short most will be ideally looking for a provider man via indirect payment, some of those will opt for direct payment as a substitute, others are looking just for direct payment and they have their methods to achieve this. I suspect TDKK is simply warning of caution with regard to dating sites.

I really don't get it. I must be so stupid that a god took pity on me and found me a Thai woman who is nothing like this.

My (now) wife has many very nice looking self sufficient friends all working for an international company who are very single and looking.

Some of these girls are very pretty (all over 30 if that matters), have cars, live in a nice place, etc.....

Oh, you little sweetie!

You really are a gem. Trust me, you are an obsessive. And it's not by accident that you've ended up single, lonely and depressed.

Oh, you really are a sad sac.

Single, yes, by choice.

Lonely, far from it.

Depressed, never been happier. Retired, do what I like when I like.

As for your situation, desperate and insecure.

I never said she didn't have a job did I ?

Yes you did.

"Will your wife be there for you and be understanding about the money situation ? Maybe even try to find a job ?"

I really don't get it. I must be so stupid that a god took pity on me and found me a Thai woman who is nothing like this.

My (now) wife has many very nice looking self sufficient friends all working for an international company who are very single and looking.

Some of these girls are very pretty (all over 30 if that matters), have cars, live in a nice place, etc.....

Did you meet her on a dating website?

Archived