More warnings of summer storms announced this week

webfact

More warnings of summer storms announced this week

481_Summer-Storm-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department today issued a new warning of strong summer storms and hailstorms in Thailand's North, Northeast, East and Central as high pressure weather from China has now moved down and blanketed these areas which are covered by heats.

The difference of weather temperature will result in sudden change of weather and led to strong thunder storms band hailstorms, beginning April 19-21.

Affected provinces are expected in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Kamphaengphet, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Uttaradit, Phetchabun, Loei, Nong Bua Lampoo, Roi Et, Nakhon Ratchasima, Sisaket, Surin, Buriram, Amnart Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Sawan, Lopburi, Saraburi, Prachinburi, Srakaeo, Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi and Trat.

It warned people in these provinces to stay away from big trees, huge billboards, and unstable structures.

Meanwhile hailstorms were reported yesterday in Nong Khai and Bung Kan provinces in the Northeast with many houses damaged.

In Faorai district of Nong Khai, hailstorms hit the area as a funeral rite was being held.

The hailstorm forced the host to halt the religious ceremony instantly.

Hailstorms were also reported in two adjacent districts but no damage was reported.

In Bung Kan’s Seka district eight homes were damaged by hailstorm, and three from strong summer storm.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/160114

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-19

Hasn't quite hit Phits yet, i am reading 39.50 C at the minute in the shade of the workshop, bit cooler than yesterday....................wink.png

attachicon.gifresized_20160419_161339.jpg

I'll see your 39.5C and raise you to 40C here in my office at Phichit with 2 fans blasting away.

attachicon.gifIMGP4370.JPG

Temp peaked here at 43.7C at 2.00pm yesterday. Thunderstorm at 6.00pm about 5 kms away dropped it to a nice 34.0C ! Our cats keep trying to get in the refridgerator ! They don't understand that if I can't, they can't ! smile.png

Hot as Hell in Bangkok which is making some of the ladies a bit moody and sleepy!

I've lived here for going on 10 years and don't recall it being this uncomfortable before. Perhaps there is more humidity this year.

Thank goodness for the a/c and a shower.

The whole country is parched and baking hot - so much so that even I'm thinking that the the tree hugging eco-zealots who deride us all as polluters might have a point after all. Emitting all those greenhouse gases, as they do, by banging on incessantly with all their climate change control freakish twaddle, as well as their flying around the world in gas guzzling jets to attend mutual back slapping green conferences in far flung places. All this profligacy may indeed be turning the world into a desert.

I hope the rain comes sooner rather than later, to prove the greenies all wrong and bring us all some much needed relief from the heat. Next up, we'll be neck deep in floods again, and a different climate change rationale will be in vogue, how el-ninja being thrown out of kilter unless we all go back to the stone age, ride solar powered bicycles and eat recycled horse manure.

The whole country is parched and baking hot - so much so that even I'm thinking that the the tree hugging eco-zealots who deride us all as polluters might have a point after all. Emitting all those greenhouse gases, as they do, by banging on incessantly with all their climate change control freakish twaddle, as well as their flying around the world in gas guzzling jets to attend mutual back slapping green conferences in far flung places. All this profligacy may indeed be turning the world into a desert.

I hope the rain comes sooner rather than later, to prove the greenies all wrong and bring us all some much needed relief from the heat. Next up, we'll be neck deep in floods again, and a different climate change rationale will be in vogue, how el-ninja being thrown out of kilter unless we all go back to the stone age, ride solar powered bicycles and eat recycled horse manure.

Isn't it amazing that solar energy seems to be unknown here?

It's almost unknown in the cities - for a middle class city dweller, electricity is still relatively cheap here compared to the western world. Thanks in part to the absence here of militant lefty CO2 emissions nazis, and the industry that they have created to build all those subsidised wind and solar farms that produce hardly any electricity, so that they can feel good about themselves.

When I was in the north I noticed that a lot of houses in small villages have a solar panel. There was a government grant a few years back to fund them, apparently.

Edited by dbrenn

Teacher: You should ditch windows 8, Solar was a thing, then the price of oil went from almost 200$ to 40$, Its no longer cost effective. %loss Makes me chuckle a little.

Edited by jerico2017

The week of the full moon always brings changes to the weather.

Solar panels, in Greek Cyprus, nearly 25 years ago all new houses had to have solar panels and older houses were to be retro-fitted. I think govt. grants were available.

Isn't it "Catch-up" time ?

It's almost unknown in the cities - for a middle class city dweller, electricity is still relatively cheap here compared to the western world. Thanks in part to the absence here of militant lefty CO2 emissions nazis, and the industry that they have created to build all those subsidised wind and solar farms that produce hardly any electricity, so that they can feel good about themselves.

When I was in the north I noticed that a lot of houses in small villages have a solar panel. There was a government grant a few years back to fund them, apparently.

Back in the Thaksin era he provided a lot of small solar systems to farms that were off the electric grid. One of my wife's relatives still has one of the original systems. I had a look at it. There were two rather small solar panels. The solar charger and inverter were one unit and was made by Leonics. In all these years it still works. He has replaced the battery several times. It runs a small TV and a couple lights. It is not big enough to run a refrigerator. That family will likely never be on the grid.

The government is all for green energy and had a program. Unfortunately they neglected to work with the power companies. To get a system approved takes a LOT of paperwork and has to be built with approved products which are of course MUCH more expensive that standard components. Unfortunately the right hand doesn't care what the left hand is doing.