Thai women never tell me I'm hunsum

After living here for one year I have rarely been complemented on my looks or anything else for that matter. Mexican girls when first encountered normally comment on my blue eyes or accent. Thai girls couldn't care less. For me, Thai girls are really tough to figure out. Its a sad and rarely disputed fact that my money and status is the their main concern. Fat, ugly old men with money seem to be in high demand in Thailand.

I don't think you are frequenting the right places. Shoe shops are good. Better is to wander around Lotus, Emporium or Paragon looking a bit helpless. You have to be able to read the come-ons though.They are not King's Road Waitrose or Cromwell Road Sainsbury's. Never had a problem!

Written by fat old limping git with a usually strategically parked Benz.

I've never been so offended as when I asked for a 'senior' fare on the MRT and the ticket lady gave it without question!

dont worry I had the opposite at immigration 2 months ago when asked if I was really 52 and she had to check my passport.

I don't think you are frequenting the right places. Shoe shops are good. Better is to wander around Lotus, Emporium or Paragon looking a bit helpless. You have to be able to read the come-ons though.They are not King's Road Waitrose or Cromwell Road Sainsbury's. Never had a problem!

Written by fat old limping git with a usually strategically parked Benz.

yep, shoe shops, post offices, hotel receptionists, even one very gorgeous and uppity pharmacist once, all chatted me up and never asked for a baht, but then I'm hansum man, or rather I was, just an old git now. Never needed no merc neither, best I ever had was a CBX1000.

I have found that Thai women who "make the first move" are NEVER...how shall we say...top quality women. A truly attractive or desirable Thai girl will always have a number of men chasing them and won't need to be aggressive towards men they don't know. Of course, I'm not talking about the farang-hunters who have an ulterior motive.

As for the "hansum" comment, an easy one to answer. If you weren't handsome back home, you're not going to be handsome in Thailand. And if a Thai girl tells you you're handsome, they're clearly lying for deceptive reasons.

That's because you do not have deep pockets, I am hunsum, or handsome, have only average sized pockets, and no Thai

woman I do not know has ever told me I'm handsome.

Maybe it's time I put on some weight, grew facial hair, got tattooed. No, wait, forget it, I do not have deep pockets.

What should be more worrying for you is your lack of interests in life that result in your having nothing better to do than posting a topic like this.

Perhaps the Thai ladies can smell you have nothing going on in your life. If you want to be attractive to women you need to be someone who appears happy, busy and interesting, which is not how you come across when starting topics like this.

What should be more worrying for you is your lack of interests in life that result in your having nothing better to do than posting a topic like this.

Perhaps the Thai ladies can smell you have nothing going on in your life. If you want to be attractive to women you need to be someone who appears happy, busy and interesting, which is not how you come across when starting topics like this.

Ohh... I'm sorry.

Can you tell me more about your life?

I have found that Thai women who "make the first move" are NEVER...how shall we say...top quality women. A truly attractive or desirable Thai girl will always have a number of men chasing them and won't need to be aggressive towards men they don't know. Of course, I'm not talking about the farang-hunters who have an ulterior motive.

As for the "hansum" comment, an easy one to answer. If you weren't handsome back home, you're not going to be handsome in Thailand. And if a Thai girl tells you you're handsome, they're clearly lying for deceptive reasons.

I agree with most of what you said but I think that saying if you aren't handsome in your home country that you aren't handsome here. I think every culture and person has their own interpretation of handsome. Thais and other Asian countries really like blue eyes and big noses. I have blue eyes and a big nose so I am considered more handsome here by most Thai women than at home.

I have to also admit that most Thai women outside the bar scene or similar motivation would never outright tell me I am handsome. Thai women or most women around the world are not that direct. It is not lady like to be that way. The only time that I hear something in a normal situation is when an older lady is talking to my girlfriend, they have told her that I am handsome.