Exit Strategy from Thailand

laolover88

Newsflash: Europe is way worse off than Thailand in terms of future.

- Hidden poverty that could lead to civil war:

Spanish women are now so poor that they resort to sell their hair which is unheard of.

French butchers are regularly victims of arm robberies, people are just hungry they rob butcheries instead of banks.

In England women cannot afford sanitary pads and tampons anymore and use newspapers instead.

Sales of cat/dog food are plummeting people cannot just afford petfood anymore.

- Banks are about to collapse: Signs such as

. negative interests - you now have to pay to keep you money in the bank, which is unheard of.

.Banks now refuse you to withdraw "big" amounts like 5000 Euros even if you have it,

500 Euros note was taken out yesterday to prevent people from using cash,

Like they did in Argentina and Greece, the banks will shut down and they will run away with our cash and mayhem, will follow.

- Increased risk of Civil war because of Immigration which is still pouring in huge numbers

Sweden and Germany attitude is changing and despite the multiculturalism propaganda, people are vastly against it, especially after the Cologne and Ikea events.

Raise of right wings parties in Austria, UK Britain First, France National Front, Germany pegida etc

500 ISIS soldiers are now infiltrated in Europe ready to plan attack

- 3rd world war is coming

Putin was clearly a CIA target with Panama Papers.

Missiles are in place in Europe all around Russia

Nuclear weapons are now in the hands of ISIS.

Congratulations on the post with the most nonsense claims so far this year.

Indeed I was waiting for that type of non argument answer.

If you think my post is wrong do feel free to ask for any source. and also please research my posts I was the first one to warn about the rise of hostility against Farangs in this country, 4 years ago.

At that time everyone called me a lunatic too, now - after Hua Hin, Pattaya, and the growing number of foreigners going home in a body bag, unfortunately, everyone agrees with me.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanish women are now so poor that they resort to sell their hair which is unheard of.

French butchers are regularly victims of arm robberies, people are just hungry they rob butcheries instead of banks.

In England women cannot afford sanitary pads and tampons anymore and use newspapers instead.

. negative interests - you now have to pay to keep you money in the bank, which is unheard of.

.Banks now refuse you to withdraw "big" amounts like 5000 Euros even if you have it,

Like they did in Argentina and Greece, the banks will shut down and they will run away with our cash and mayhem, will follow.

- Increased risk of Civil war because of Immigration which is still pouring in huge numbers

Sweden and Germany attitude is changing and despite the multiculturalism propaganda, people are vastly against it, especially after the Cologne and Ikea events.

Raise of right wings parties in Austria, UK Britain First, France National Front, Germany pegida etc

Congratulations on the post with the most nonsense claims so far this year.

Indeed I was waiting for that type of non argument answer.

If you think my post is wrong do feel free to ask for any source. and also please research my posts I was the first one to warn about the rise of hostility against Farangs in this country, 4 years ago.

At that time everyone called me a lunatic too, now - after Hua Hin, Pattaya, and the growing number of foreigners going home in a body bag, unfortunately, everyone agrees with me.

I don't agree with you.

Your wife sounds a bit paranoid. Commend what you are doing for the kids, though Europe (France especially) has its own special problems as you know and things are only going to get worse. Grass is greener and all that -- been there, done that -- and after living here you might find there is little magic and it all being a bit of a drag. The PC-ness and everything having to be done to the letter tends to wear one down after living in relative freedom and I actually find the driving more stressful (in the UK at least). I'm not blind and see the problems here, thug mentality, non-accountability etc, but am regularly taken aback by the kindness and friendliness which you just don't see over there anymore. Having said all that, I may also find myself retreating in the near future too.

All the best.

Never been asked for money from Thais as now,coming out of the woodwork asking,and these are people Ive known for years. initially gave a little,but as always leads to more until I refused,then massive lip curl and watch your back attitude adopted

If Trump does get presidency and does as he states with China,this place will be as barren as the Sahara. As for Thai kids doing well in UK after re-location,maybe just maybe formative years,but later on ,no chance

My kids had the chance to work either UK , Thailand etc. The choice so far has been Singapore. It seems to be very hard to get a job straight away in the UK, the last few years seem to have seen the rise of the "internship" aka slave labour.

If you want an expat package in Thailand you would need to apply abroad as far as I can see. Otherwise they are just hiring on Thai wages.

When OP asked does anyone think he's paranoid/stupid? Are you trying to demonstrate the saying that there's always someone worse off than yourself laugh.png

You had me thinking what the opposite of rose tinted glasses was though.

I've never read such utter <deleted> in my entire life, and I only read half your nonsense! I've seen some conspiracy theorists in my time, but you push the title way beyond fair usage!

You claim to be able to back up your claims; well let's see some evidence then! I'll accept links to peer reviewed studies, government information, data from respected NGO's. What I won't accept is newspapers (And for the sake of argument we'll include the Daily Mail under that heading), conspiracy theorist websites, Wikipedia, and your mate down the pub.

We think quite a bit about whether we should move back to the UK for the kids benefit or not. Tough call. Not sure what the best solution is to be honest.

Like the majority of parents we want the best for our kids and for them to be happy and to maximise the opportunities for their future. We like the idea of doing the most we can so that they can make their own choices how to lead their life in future. Unfortunately the irony and paradox with this one is they're not old yet enough to choose what they want and make the right choices. That's what they need the best of upbringings for. By the time they are old enough to make the choices they'll be adults or close to already smile.png

This all has its funny sides and downsides. Here daily life goes on. The government functions where it has to, vast amounts of food are made and eaten; the river appears still full of fish in spite of the dams; there are crowds of Thai tourists. My wife says: What if the drug trade dries up or moves away? What if there is a China water problem? What if there is colour shirted turmoil\? Do you think what happened in Cambodia could not happen here? I know it sounds alarmist; but we have young children. I would probably take the risk having lived here for so long. It may all blow over or it may all blow up. I am not prepared to put them at risk. If it all works out they can come back; and who's to say where in the world might be "safer", whatever that means. We are not rich but they do have to be educated and make their lives. I don't think France is ideal nor the UK. And I would go no-where near the US. There is a lot of tosh on a Microsoft website about "education" changing the world. What changes the world for one person is having the skills to perform in an occupation and earn a living. Education may contribute to that. But you only have to watch Thai TV to see how those much valued transferable skills/communication skills/team working expertises etc.etc are singularly lacking in the Thai so called elite. Add to that being a luk kreung and your only route to success really is a foreign education and self employment..

This all has its funny sides and downsides. Here daily life goes on. The government functions where it has to, vast amounts of food are made and eaten; the river appears still full of fish in spite of the dams; there are crowds of Thai tourists. My wife says: What if the drug trade dries up or moves away? What if there is a China water problem? What if there is colour shirted turmoil\? Do you think what happened in Cambodia could not happen here? I know it sounds alarmist; but we have young children. I would probably take the risk having lived here for so long. It may all blow over or it may all blow up. I am not prepared to put them at risk. If it all works out they can come back; and who's to say where in the world might be "safer", whatever that means. We are not rich but they do have to be educated and make their lives. I don't think France is ideal nor the UK. And I would go no-where near the US. There is a lot of tosh on a Microsoft website about "education" changing the world. What changes the world for one person is having the skills to perform in an occupation and earn a living. Education may contribute to that. But you only have to watch Thai TV to see how those much valued transferable skills/communication skills/team working expertises etc.etc are singularly lacking in the Thai so called elite. Add to that being a luk kreung and your only route to success really is a foreign education and self employment..

Agree but channel 7 soaps are far better than channel 3 soaps. So you are saying Thailand is buggered?,could just about go along with that statement...why here? cinco perros (something like that anyway) otherwise Spain or Portugal

For as long as I've known Thailand, there have always been problems of one kind or another. Most of them had no real effects on me.

Even when the reds were burning Bangkok, in nonthaburi you wouldn't have known.

The floods were a pain but not the end of the world.

The tsunami was a disaster of epic proportions. Lucky to survive that one.

Is Thailand in meltdown? Maybe or maybe not. Only time will tell.

I left Thailand for years ago for saudi Arabia for purely financial reasons. Live on an army base here. Me, wife, and kids like it here. Very relaxed. No plans to return till retirement.

#Wow.

Why wow?

He is living in Saudi Arabia for financial reasons. He plans to return to Thailand when he retires.

I would think that means he likes Thailand better.

I think a Thai basher would have a hard time understanding that.

The cost to educate your children here properly will cost a fortune.

Thailand will be in an economic malaise for years.

There is a huge question where the country is headed socially and especially politically.

There will be huge water issues in this nation and it will rock the country to its foundation as it kills off the agricultural sector. Mark my words.

But hey, much of the above can be said about France. Why don't you relo to Finland for the schools and technology? I'm assuming is EU, I've no idea honestly.

I've seen the inside of the Thai school system. It's nothing but a total waste of time.

Good luck

PS fish? The fish are all gone. The fish in the markets are just tiny trash ocean fish and tilapa. In a few years it will just be catfish and tilapia. The entire ocean eco system here has collapsed. I tell you this first person. Seafood industry is finished.

Edited by Rocketsurgeon

Your children's future IS only in self employment. To think otherwise is pure folly.

Solid trade/technical experience

Science, Math

Low cost university (public)

Focus on high skill, knowledge based jobs that cannot be exported.

Save your money - trust fund. It's gonna get ugly!

Edited by Rocketsurgeon

also please research my posts I was the first one to warn about the rise of hostility against Farangs in this country, 4 years ago. At that time everyone called me a lunatic too, now - after Hua Hin, Pattaya, and the growing number of foreigners going home in a body bag, unfortunately, everyone agrees with me.

If you started 4 years ago, you missed being first by about 30 years.

Thailand's tourism has been getting the last nails in its coffin since right after the GI's of the '70s. True, they had no blogs to post in.

And here we are on 2016 with tourist numbers still increasing and over 99.9% going home safe and sound, if a little poorer.

Maybe your wife just "think too much ? ". Anyway no country is perfect.

I would not feel safe living in Paris or Brussels these days.

Edited by balo

I very much appreciate people's comments. Thank you. We are actually going, in the first place, to France, not the UK. . I know there are people who say France will be a Muslim country by 2050 and I probably would not vote for that. The children say they want to go to Canada, which seems extraordinarily intelligent. I shall miss SE Asia a lot.!! However, who knows. It may all turn out quite differently from what we expect!

Better read this:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4120/islamization-france

I remain very ambivalent about the whole thing! We tried extremely hard to make sure that the children were tri-lingual English French and Thai and tri-cultural. I always thought, and still do that with a western education and the languages they would probably be able to make much better lives in Thailand. Easier to open businesses, easier to buy land and houses etc. I have had to acknowledge two things. Thais don't like luk khreungs however well they speak, read and write the Thai language and the children sensing this would rather fight for success in life in cultures that are more diverse. While I am sitting here agonising over whether we are doing the right thing they are delighted. They say : who cares about Thai culture? There is not any. Korean films and fashion are more creative, as is UK fashion, Japanese teen culture is more vibrant, Thailand is a backwater. Hurrah!!

I think you have nailed it, As parents we agonize over the the details and the kids are just great, it's a new adventure, which it is.

If you're can get the kids out to a new culture that's safer, do so. And I do agree with the local situation going down hill

I work in the oil industry and have noticed a similar down slope in the local situation/politices.

What used to be passing of the baton to the next in line, seems to be a crossing to the military to maintain a lineage succession.

I'm also moving my little guy and myself out, After 20+ years here I can see no more upside I'm afraid.

This is after working in some very nasty places that improved, Here, in this day and age it seems to be going in reverse.

I have no plan of moving my family out of Thailand and I don't see it getting worse than other places in EU.

If we wanted to move, don't know where to go to be honest, back to Denmark? Hmm, no thanks man, seems to be one big refugee camp now and I can fell people are not too happy about it.

I think the wife is over concerned about life here and pulling up anchor will not resolve the issues of your children having a better life or education when you can make changes here by living in a better environment and not getting into the daily dramas of Thai society which my wife has over facebook and line every day.

At least most of us are blessed to have somewhere to go back to if the shit hits the fan, but in the meantime my business is doing well and have a nice place to live and my child in in a good school and I can still live a decent life style, where as I don't think I could in Australia, the States or Europe.

This is something that's been on my mind too. I would prefer my daughter to have the benefit of a British education but I'm not importing her mother and I seriously doubt she would allow me to take the girl there on my own

No way is she going through the Thai public system so it's going to have to be private school with supplementary English tuition at home

No way am I spending on international school for my kid to come out speaking English with a yank accent

When I read topics like this, I think some of these kids will do well in farang-land and some of these half-Thai kids will hate their parents and especially their farang father for ever taking them out of Thailand where they so comfortably fit in.

I would have thought Europe and France is the worst place to be moving to, think dirty bombs, mass killing of civilians, 100's if not thousands of ISIS terrorist's already in place

But don't let me worry you, do what you think is right

Could you point us all in the direction of these dirty bombs which 1000s of ISIS terrorists are running around with.

I'm intrigued to know,do you work for the CIA or some other well founded intelligence agency or are you reading to many news papers and watching CNN ?

What rock have you been hiding under Stoneyboy?

Not seen what happened in Parish and Belgium recently? don't think it wont happen in other counties its a certainty, don't have to be in the CIA to know whats happening, ISIS already said hundreds of its fighters are in Europe getting ready

Here's the "point" to the dirty bombs

"The Brussels terrorists may have been plotting to make a radioactive bomb after it emerged 11 nuclear power plant workers have had their site access revoked amid fears of 'insider help'.

Jihadi brothers Khalid and Ibrahim el-Bakraoui had secretly filmed the daily routine of Belgium's nuclear programme chief, before they blew themselves up at Brussels airport and on a Metro train"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507417/Brussels-bombers-DID-plan-attack-nuclear-power-station-police-uncover-12-hours-footage-jihadists-filmed-outside-plant-director-s-home.html

I am fairly happy here. But, if I had the funds, and a substantial income, that would allow me to live anywhere, I doubt I would be living here. There are just too many problems and issues. Some of the areas that would be a huge concern to me if I was raising children, would be:

the fabulously inferior educational system, and the inability for children to question their teachers.

the inability for the kids to learn much about the world. geography, history, geopolitics, thailand's true place in the world, etc.

the nearly complete lack of positive role models for the kids here. how many Thai's have recently won Nobel Peace prizes, Pulitzers, Peabodys, Oscars, etc?

the ridiculous and outdated class system.

the utter refusal of the elites, and the government to acknowledge the need to improve education.

the succession of one incompetent government after the next.

the seeming unwillingness of the current regime, to let go of power.

the lack of law and order. the lack of traffic safety. the lack of regard for public safety.

the corruption, and the unwillingness of anyone in a position of power to do anything about it.

the human trafficking and slave trade issues.

the potential for the Thai economy to really take a bath, over the next decade.

the erosion of Thailand's standing within SE Asia.

the complete and utter lack of progressive minds, here in the LOS.

the complete lack of vision, when it comes to the future.

the lack of sustainable environmental and developmental policies.

the presence of a nationalist attitude and agenda. it holds the country back on so many levels.

lastly, my favorite peeve. face. the extreme level of cowardice, that an entire nation engages in, when they practice this act of shameful weakness on a daily basis. talk about the utter refusal to look within for the source of a problem. it is an abomination.

I could go on and on. But, I won't. Needless to say, there is tremendous room for improvement. No need to address the issues of the countries that are being considered. Just venting about some local frustrations.

Agree about the Face,i have touched on it before,the biggest problem of all here,would rather lie to save face than tell the truth,a pathetic weakness of character. As to the op,"miss the climate" are you nuts,since i returned from the Philippines it has not been below 40c for one day!

What amuses me is the the fact that on the one hand, everyone seems to agree that the Thai education systems is shit but on the other, everyone brags about his wife's bachelor's or master's degree earned within the same system.

Weird

The Junta isn't going to let go of power and when THE big event happens, that will seal the fate of the nation, and it won't be pretty. A power struggle of epic proportions will take place, and you all know what I'm talking about.

It doesn't matter to me who sits where, but with the army in power for many years to come, the surging drug crisis, more Thais living in poverty and going into debt, it's going to get a LOT worse before it gets better.

I personally believe Thailand will either become a failed state or be ruled as hard as Burma used to be. Either way, no one in their right mind will want to be here in the future.

That said, I hope I'm totally wrong.

The Junta isn't going to let go of power and when THE big event happens, that will seal the fate of the nation, and it won't be pretty. A power struggle of epic proportions will take place, and you all know what I'm talking about.

It doesn't matter to me who sits where, but with the army in power for many years to come, the surging drug crisis, more Thais living in poverty and going into debt, it's going to get a LOT worse before it gets better.

I personally believe Thailand will either become a failed state or be ruled as hard as Burma used to be. Either way, no one in their right mind will want to be here in the future.

Regardless of whatever happens, I'm going nowhere. Some things are inevitable, that's life !

What a cheery article.

I was looking forward to a better life in Thailand but now you've foretold the future I best grab the kids and head for the hills!!

I had a friend much like yourself - A Fortune Teller but years later she gave it up cause there was no - FUTURE IN IT !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ScotBkk

Regardless of whatever happens, I'm going nowhere. Some things are inevitable, that's life !

Depending on what nut job ends up running the place, you may not have a choice. Visa rules are changed with a stroke of a pen.