Found a sharp metal object in my toast this morning

DumbFalang

I went shopping in Rim Ping the other day and decided to try a whole grain loaf made by Ludda Bakery. Imagine my surprise when I spotted a piece of metal just over a centimeter long in one of the slices of bread.

post-86157-0-16555200-1462334793_thumb.j

The metal is so tough that I cannot bend it and I'm very lucky I didn't swallow it. I asked the missus to give Ludda Bakery a call to find out how they would react. You guessed it.... all we got was a simple "sorry about that - go back to Rim Ping and they'll give you your money back".

Awesome. I'm so relieved that I can get my Bt45 back. I'm going to put Bt200 petrol in my tank and drive down from Samoeng right away to claim my refund.

It will be interesting too see how Rim Ping react when they feel how sharp and rigid the piece of metal is. It's back to TOPS multigrain for me. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't!

Look closely at the metal, if it was baked into the loaf there will be bits of bread stuck to it. If not, maybe at slicing stage but the metal detector should have picked up a piece that size.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Rimping did give me a refund for bad cheese once, but then they harassed me so much about it demanding my personal info like they were threatening me.

They said next time I should check all my merchandise before I leave the store to be sure it's all ok, so if you see some crazy falang taking everything out of his bags at the check out counter after paying and tasting it be sure to say hi to me smile.png

Edited by junglechef

I had a similar experience whilst living in Jakarta, the big difference is the bakery operations Dir and Sales director came to see me and made profuse apologies. The next day the family run bakery delivered a large box full of a selection of the different breads and pastries. I can't see any Thai bakeries doing this. Customer satisfaction is barely a factor considered by businesses here it seems.

Edited by Karlo

All I was hoping for was for someone at the bakery to be remotely concerned at what had happened. Now I have confirmation that the person my wife spoke to doesn't give a crap, I can get on with my life.

All I was hoping for was for someone at the bakery to be remotely concerned at what had happened. Now I have confirmation that the person my wife spoke to doesn't give a crap, I can get on with my life.

Oh no don't do that!

I'm certain there's a way to prolong your misery for a bit longer if you really try.

How about calling and ask to speak to the owner, that always gets great results!!

>>It's back to TOPS multigrain for me. <<......Yes cheaper in this case than Rimping and you get a lot more bread slices in the pack .Also check out Tops /Central ,Vitalite margarine .Around B69 for 250 grams.

Oh no don't do that!

I'm certain there's a way to prolong your misery for a bit longer if you really try.

How about calling and ask to speak to the owner, that always gets great results!!

Tempted as I am to prolong my misery, it's the wife who has to make the phone call and I don't think she's too keen. I may be able to convince her to make a post on Facebook though. She has a big network, so it should get some traction.

Leave it be. Post anymore with the company name, especially on FB and you are courting being sued. There's no way you can prove it was their fault. People insert all kinds of junk in their food and attempt to extract payment, e.g McDonald s.

A while ago I bought 2 bottles of orange juice and 2 bottles of grape juice from the Rim Ping airport branch in glass bottles with the sealed metal lids they had on special offer, 50% off the price tag said. The bottles had a long expiry date on them.

First bottle I opened was an orange juice, stunk to high heaven. Second bottle I opened was a grape juice, same thing it was obviously on the turn. I didn`t even bother checking the other 2 bottles. Could not be bothered taking the drinks back I just poured the lot down the sink.

>>A flash fried roach on a potato chip, courtesy of Food Lion, USA.<<...

In Thailand they would charge extra for that ;-)........We call them ''earwigs'' where i come from .Come to think of it have never seen any in Thailand ,but plenty of other creepy insects .

Got a small stone in bread back home that cracked a filling, things happen.

Mind you don't like the bread there anymore, can't understand what half of it is as not in English. My lack of Euro language skills aside what I have tried didn't like much, preferred the old recipes.

Wife made a post on Facebook. Bakery owner was on the phone within an hour asking when we could call in to show her the offending object.

Point made. I doubt she'll simply offer a refund if something like this happens again.

I will be eating the remainder of the loaf (after careful inspection of course), so no refund required.

Semi related side story.

My husband worked in maintenance at what was the biggest bakery in the southern hemisphere (very expensive houses and apartments now). One evening, we're watching the news and here's this story about how a woman had just stopped her little one from chomping into a meat pie or donut or something with this big piece of metal in it. Mr K called BS immediately; he said if it had been a piece of glass, yeah, maybe (very unlikely but remotely possible). This was the day I learned that every single item of food went through a metal detector before going out of the door.

(The woman later admitted that this huge shaving of metal wasn't inside the food at all - that wasn't on the evening news of course. In my opinion, she should have been prosecuted for attempted blackmail, she admitted doing it for the money).

You'd think that all except the very, very smallest food manufacturers would have one set up, particularly somewhere using industrial mixers and bread slicing machines.

I'm not a fan of social media, I'm not in any of the 'clubs' but I joined Twitter for no other reason than to shame SriLankan Airlines into answering my emails - it wasn't even over something very important, it just annoyed me that their customer service wouldn't reply, despite getting auto responses saying within 24 hours. Got one pretty quickly, I can tell you, but I had to go back to Twitter and make another post because they didn't answer a related follow up question (after another 3 emails went unanswered). I should have found the CEO's direct email or other social media account but I couldn't be bothered. Public shaming, therefore social media, does have it's place in society (I don't class ThaiVisa as social media, they're an old school forum.)

A while ago I bought 2 bottles of orange juice and 2 bottles of grape juice from the Rim Ping airport branch in glass bottles with the sealed metal lids they had on special offer, 50% off the price tag said. The bottles had a long expiry date on them.

First bottle I opened was an orange juice, stunk to high heaven. Second bottle I opened was a grape juice, same thing it was obviously on the turn. I didn`t even bother checking the other 2 bottles. Could not be bothered taking the drinks back I just poured the lot down the sink.

And few months later, this is the result.

Wife made a post on Facebook. Bakery owner was on the phone within an hour asking when we could call in to show her the offending object.

Point made. I doubt she'll simply offer a refund if something like this happens again.

I will be eating the remainder of the loaf (after careful inspection of course), so no refund required.

Forget the refund, ask for a metal detector.

Semi related side story.

My husband worked in maintenance at what was the biggest bakery in the southern hemisphere (very expensive houses and apartments now). One evening, we're watching the news and here's this story about how a woman had just stopped her little one from chomping into a meat pie or donut or something with this big piece of metal in it. Mr K called BS immediately; he said if it had been a piece of glass, yeah, maybe (very unlikely but remotely possible). This was the day I learned that every single item of food went through a metal detector before going out of the door.

(The woman later admitted that this huge shaving of metal wasn't inside the food at all - that wasn't on the evening news of course. In my opinion, she should have been prosecuted for attempted blackmail, she admitted doing it for the money).

You'd think that all except the very, very smallest food manufacturers would have one set up, particularly somewhere using industrial mixers and bread slicing machines.

I'm not a fan of social media, I'm not in any of the 'clubs' but I joined Twitter for no other reason than to shame SriLankan Airlines into answering my emails - it wasn't even over something very important, it just annoyed me that their customer service wouldn't reply, despite getting auto responses saying within 24 hours. Got one pretty quickly, I can tell you, but I had to go back to Twitter and make another post because they didn't answer a related follow up question (after another 3 emails went unanswered). I should have found the CEO's direct email or other social media account but I couldn't be bothered. Public shaming, therefore social media, does have it's place in society (I don't class ThaiVisa as social media, they're an old school forum.)

I had a problem with Ethiad Airlines .Their call center in Abudabi is useless .When i contacted them through their Facebook page though ,things got sorted quickly .