Can I do my re-entry application at the airport?

I need to fly back home at emergency. And I don't think I have enough time to go to immigration office to apply for re-entry. Can I do it at the airport? Or does the airport has immigration counter for doing re-entry application? I am under retirement visa, if I don't apply for re-entry, what will happen when I come back to Thailand?

Thank you in advance for any constructive advices!

Both at Suvarnabhumi as well as Don Mueang there are offices for re-entry permits.

There is some dispute currently whether the office at Suvarnabhumi is closed from midnight to 5 AM or they do re-entry permits 24h service.

Come in time, bring a photo to attach to the application form (in case their machine is broken).

Boarding pass required (so first go to check-in).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/910385-new-location-of-re-entry-office-at-suvarnabhumi/

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Make sure you take photo with you to avoid any hassel. At Don Mueang its just past immigration check. You can download reentry permit form.

Edited by jacksam

Make sure you take photo with you to avoid any hassel. At Don Mueang its just past immigration check. You can download reentry permit form.

Re-entry permit application has 2 sides, front and back.

You can photo copy two pages onto one page

And how about us with permanent residency. We require a re-entry permit in both passport and PR book. We too can sometimes need to leave Thailand in an emergency. Can immigrationat the airports help us too? I ask because every year I have huge problems at the local Immi office as most Officers do not understand what is needed, and do not have the correct stamps. After numerous phone calls and some 4 hours later I usually have a stamp of sorts.

Hi, I went to Suv last week. The re-entry office is on the ground floor on the security side near the first check in aisles (ie A-C etc). It's next to Y2 zone where they check in extra sized luggage and the SCB exchange bureau. There was no queue when I went (5pm) and opening times 5am-midnight as mentioned.

Unfortunately I was not able to use the service as the wife's visa was post-dated and I had to pay almost double the cost of the flights to change them. But that's a whole different story of skool girl errors.

Edited by elliottm

Any one know if you can you get a multiple re entry or just a single? Save the hassle of going to the local immigration...

When I get my yearly Extension of Stay, I always get a multiple re-entry permit at the same time.

When I am in the "waiting period" for the next Extension of Stay, I will get either a single or multiple entry permit, depends on the work plans during that month.

In most cases, for me it it is worth getting the multiple re-entry permit, to avoid a return visit to Immigration.

Edited by mgjackson69
  • Like 1

Re-entry permit application has 2 sides, front and back.

Wow, that sounds complicated!

And how about us with permanent residency. We require a re-entry permit in both passport and PR book. We too can sometimes need to leave Thailand in an emergency. Can immigrationat the airports help us too? I ask because every year I have huge problems at the local Immi office as most Officers do not understand what is needed, and do not have the correct stamps. After numerous phone calls and some 4 hours later I usually have a stamp of sorts.

How can your PR expire if you leave the country? The revoke PR if you don't have a re-entry permit? blink.png

How can your PR expire if you leave the country? The revoke PR if you don't have a re-entry permit? blink.png

PR is effectively an extension of stay that gives indefinite leave to stay. It is not permanent and can be revoked, and like any extension of stay it would end if leaving the country without a re-entry permit.

PR is effectively an extension of stay that gives indefinite leave to stay. It is not permanent and can be revoked, and like any extension of stay it would end if leaving the country without a re-entry permit.

It is not Permanent but called Permanent ? TIT I guess.. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1