Stop attacking tourists! Pattaya top brass and the "Care Bears" mean business

Jonathan Fairfield

Anotherr good project by the police . I am pretty sure that within 1 month there will be no more ladyboys left on he street , only the cute good ones .

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that's really needed is a visible police presence on the beach promenade and walking street. Most attacks on the beach happen across from the soi 9 police station, yet no police walk outside. I can't figure that out. A couple cops patrolling would do wonders. It's called proactive policing. But since that's a western idea, it wont be implemented here. Thais know best.

When Thai police start getting western pay, maybe they will do it the western way.

But that "won't" happen or anytime soon, so I won't bitch how police do police business here in Thailand..

They accepted the job and the responsibility for the pay that was offered.

An *offer* and an *acceptance* is a *contract* I think.

I am constantly amazed by how people do not know how bad they have it, until an outsider tells them!

If someone suggest, that Thai police, that gets paid about $5,000 U.S. a year

To do some "proactive" policing or better police work like western cops do, that makes about $48,000 the vert

Sounds like an <deleted> to me...

So, I'll stick with, stop bitching or suggesting what Thai cops should do.

They maybe doing exactly what they agreed to do... Even looking for shit before it happens!

<deleted> thinking Thailand would be better off, if they only did things this way or that way.

Go home!!! Where you love the service better than you do in Thailand.

Again.. Quit Bitching about everything in Thailand!!

Lol... so you're saying that being lazy mofos is ok because they are getting paid less than in the western world? as previously pointed out, they accepted the job being full aware of the salary that came with it, which as a police officer, means upholding the law. And if they really were doing what they were doing before it happens, why is it that it happens so often and even after the shit happens, nothing seems to get done??? Take the constructive criticism and stop waving that banner... It's getting old and is part and parcel of the reason why this shit is happening (on a frequent basis, might i add) in the first place.

violence, mugging, etc. against tourists (i.e. foreigners) is one end of the spectrum. on the other end, is the general, everyday disregard and rudeness towards tourists (i.e. foreigners) for simple things like a plastic carrier request for takeaway beverage or request for more sauce to go along with food at restaurant (which, if catered to, is first accompanied with a very audible grumble and blatant roll of the eye). This whole disregard and seeing foreigners nothing more than "moneybags" who have been graciously permitted to enter and enjoy the fruits of the land but not seen as humans with rights and dignity is the root of the problem, which needs to be addressed. Take for example the "Thai Culture" courses that foreign teachers have to take in order to be able to teach in Thailand. This is totally acceptable and makes sense, however, with the sheer number of tourists and foreigners in Thailand (let's not forget: 2.2 trillion baht from tourism in 2015 alone), shouldn't this be a two-way street: Where Thais need to learn foreigners' cultures as well for better mutual understanding? Perhaps with this enhanced mutual understanding and increased respect towards tourists and foreigners as human individuals, we may see an overall decline in attacks on tourists/foreigners.

Really??

Thai's should start learning the cultures from all the countries, or just yours?

So, if a foreign teacher is required to learn the Thai culture.

Wouldn't it make more sense, that tourists should do the same, vice forcing their culture on Thai's?

Anyway..

Your suggestion/ solution:

Thai's should learn the culture of tourist for they won't beat up tourist?

And the larger problem, stopping Thai's from rolling their eyes at you, when you request for extra sause and a plastic bag for your drink?

#Insane

You did get something correct..

It is a two way street!

Tourist should not assault Thai's..

And should not be indignant towards Thai's, even if they are to you..

Which they seem to be indignant towards rude jackass tourist only.

And very friendly to the majority of respectful and friendly tourist..

Tip once in a while, that might help out as well..

You'll get all the sause you want, plus a huge smile.. Not eyes rolling and that secret sause..

You see... this is the problem... When Thais hear stories about Thais behaving badly towards foreigners, they cannot fathom the fact that it was the Thai that started it and always immediately point the finger towards the foreigner (even after all proof has been shown to prove otherwise), citing the unproven guess that the tourist was being rude or a jackass. However, many a times, have I seen tourists asking nicely with a smile and for no apparent reason - other than perhaps that they are not Thai or not speaking Thai, they are treated with bad, rude service. On the other hand, I have on many occasions seen Thais acting rudely towards sales or wait staff, but never are they treated rudely in return, but rather are treated with more respect and timidness instead.

And definitely not one particular culture... but a universal way of decency. Like we all know that staring is rude. Just today at BTS, a Thai lady was staring at two foreign ladies for wearing short shorts and giving that "I wanna phuke" face, which I found amusing (and proving my point) because immediately, we forget that oh so conservative Thai ladies do wear short shorts as well... And fortunately, to support what I already knew, a Thai lady boards the BTS at Nana Station (yes, Nana says it all) wearing the shortest shorts... After that, this Thai lady stopped giving the "I wanna phuke" look and just kept at her smart phone...

Stop with the double standard. That's all we are asking for... Be nice to all... not only your kind. Especially when tourism is your major income-bringing industry.

violence, mugging, etc. against tourists (i.e. foreigners) is one end of the spectrum. on the other end, is the general, everyday disregard and rudeness towards tourists (i.e. foreigners) for simple things like a plastic carrier request for takeaway beverage or request for more sauce to go along with food at restaurant (which, if catered to, is first accompanied with a very audible grumble and blatant roll of the eye). This whole disregard and seeing foreigners nothing more than "moneybags" who have been graciously permitted to enter and enjoy the fruits of the land but not seen as humans with rights and dignity is the root of the problem, which needs to be addressed. Take for example the "Thai Culture" courses that foreign teachers have to take in order to be able to teach in Thailand. This is totally acceptable and makes sense, however, with the sheer number of tourists and foreigners in Thailand (let's not forget: 2.2 trillion baht from tourism in 2015 alone), shouldn't this be a two-way street: Where Thais need to learn foreigners' cultures as well for better mutual understanding? Perhaps with this enhanced mutual understanding and increased respect towards tourists and foreigners as human individuals, we may see an overall decline in attacks on tourists/foreigners.

Really??

Thai's should start learning the cultures from all the countries, or just yours?

So, if a foreign teacher is required to learn the Thai culture.

Wouldn't it make more sense, that tourists should do the same, vice forcing their culture on Thai's?

Anyway..

Your suggestion/ solution:

Thai's should learn the culture of tourist for they won't beat up tourist?

And the larger problem, stopping Thai's from rolling their eyes at you, when you request for extra sause and a plastic bag for your drink?

#Insane

You did get something correct..

It is a two way street!

Tourist should not assault Thai's..

And should not be indignant towards Thai's, even if they are to you..

Which they seem to be indignant towards rude jackass tourist only.

And very friendly to the majority of respectful and friendly tourist..

Tip once in a while, that might help out as well..

You'll get all the sause you want, plus a huge smile.. Not eyes rolling and that secret sause..

Wow... I read your reply to fast and missed out the best parts:

1) "And should not be indignant towards Thais, even if they are to you.."

So basically even when you are getting your head smashed in or spoken rudely to, do nothing about it? That is what you are saying right? Because as a foreigner, we have no right to defend ourselves and need to just take it in? Correct?

2) "Tip once in a while, that might help out as well..."

U don't have to tell us. Tourists and foreigners are much more generous with the tipping (and this even when there is a double standard for pricing). Just last week, I got my hair cut done at a place where I have been going for the past two years and the price for a cut is THB 200. Two customers were ahead of me (a white man with his Thai friend)... At the end, they were charged THB 500 which made me question in my head: But the hair stylist actually blatantly told the Thai guy, "200 for you and 300 for your white friend" (in Thai) - both got same cut and service. Of course the dear Thai guy didn't say anything as he didn't pay. And in spite of this double standard in pricing, the white guy still gave a 100 baht tip... So please save it... Even with the tips and smiles, your attitude still persists because of what I'm trying to say, "As tourists/foreigners, some Thais believe that we have no rights (until it gets blown up in social media and international news)."

Many cities have their own version of Walking Street. In Tokyo, Gaiyan Higashi Dori, in the Roppongi section of Tokyo is a notorious street filled with bars, clubs, and adult venue that attracts many tourists. So does the Kubi Cho district in Shinjuko.

Yet there is little to no crime in those areas. Why? It is no good for business. Not for the club owners, not for the MPs, not for the bars. There is also minimal police on duty there. What makes it safe are the club owners, restaurant owners, bar owners and shop owners. Although many are owned by Yakuzi, there are a substantial amount of businesses that aren't.

The owners make certain that the unwanted and criminal element are not welcome in their area and do whatever is necessary to clear that area up of those who prey on the tourists,,,,who are their main source of income.

You don't need the police to do everything. The businesses owners can clean the area up fairly quickly and efficiently and keep the criminal element away.

All that's really needed is a visible police presence on the beach promenade and walking street. Most attacks on the beach happen across from the soi 9 police station, yet no police walk outside. I can't figure that out. A couple cops patrolling would do wonders. It's called proactive policing. But since that's a western idea, it wont be implemented here. Thais know best.

When Thai police start getting western pay, maybe they will do it the western way.

But that "won't" happen or anytime soon, so I won't bitch how police do police business here in Thailand..

When Thai cost of living starts to equal western cost of living I'm sure the salaries will increase facepalm.gif

So It's finally come to this.

The brand of populist/nationalist pap that both parties have dabbled in since 1997's economic collapse finally hit home. They always thought it wouldn't. Farang were an easy thing to blame, when you have a shame culture and need someone, there they are. But they could not turn it off. Maybe farang were to blame for some but that could literally be stopped in 48 hours. The money flow was too great, so it never was

Keep it going, blame westerners for all and assorted ills

Teflon Tourism ... Teflon Thailand

When Euro tourism crested and now the numbers fall it was thought they could replace with Chinese. Don't change just replace. Looks like that did not work either.

If you bought a Condo here, hey I am sorry but you heard it before you jumped in. RENT DON'T OWN. and now you know why

Edited by LomSak27

Ah, The Police patrol in orange. They were deployed along beach road about two years ago, to patrol 24/7.

Didn't seem to slow down all the ladyboy muggings.

Has anyone ever seen the 24/7 Orange Police patrolling?

“Beach Patrol of Pattaya” Project launched by Police Commander NOV 2014 Officers dressed in orange shirts and caps will patrol the Pattaya Beach area 24 hours a day in an effort to reduce crimes, especially those that involve Tourists.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155753/beach-patrol-of-pattaya-project-launched-by-police-commander/

Teddy Bears & posters is not the remedy. How about police on bicycles or foot patrols along the beach promenade to scare off the lady-boy gangs & thieves. Police can warn the naive Indians & Arabs about the dangers. Surveillance cameras only record after the crime has occurred & we all know most of these cameras are not functional/ check them out at city hall.

Just enforce the law and apply appropriate (heavy) penalties might work.....

There is no law when a man with a uniform makes his own rules

Yet, straight out violence against tourist is very low for having no law..

Look at any Thai news station, the police are out doing police business..

Mostly investigating or arresting Thai's for the crimes they committed against other Thai's..

Look at Pattaya News One... No daily stories of Thai's beating up tourist on Walking Street or elsewhere.

Now, everyone should be able to go out at anytime, day or night.

But between 12 a.m. until 5 a.m., it's not as safe in some areas.

But some tourists, just can't stop themselves from going where ladyboys hangout and getting beat up and robbed..

If you're into ladyboys, why wait until that time of morning looking for company?

Edited by D3030

Mostly investigating or arresting Thai's for the crimes they committed against other Thai's..

Look at Pattaya News One... No daily stories of Thai's beating up tourist on Walking Street or elsewhere.

But some tourists, just can't stop themselves from going where ladyboys hangout and getting beat up and robbed..

If you're into ladyboys, why wait until that time of morning looking for company?

Maybe something lost in translation here but:-

So are you saying that everybody should be able to go out anytime - day or night because Pattaya News One does not have daily stories Thais beating up tourists?

Or are you saying that you can go out anytime except between 12 am.and 5 am when it is not safe in some areas?

Or are you saying that it's the tourists' fault because if they go where ladyboys hang out, they will get beaten up and robbed?

Edited by sambum

Maybe something lost in translation here but:-

So are you saying that everybody should be able to go out anytime - day or night because Pattaya News One does not have daily stories Thais beating up tourists?

Or are you saying that you can go out anytime except between 12 am.and 5 am when it is not safe in some areas?

Or are you saying that it's the tourists' fault because if they go where ladyboys hang out, they will get beaten up and robbed?

Almost, young buck...

But to clarify...

People with common sense, can go out anytime they like to..

There are many tourist doing this now..

Is it a tourist fault for getting beating and robbed?? Never!!!

Just people with common sense - don't go beach road looking for ladyboys early in the morning.. Shit happens at that time..

And yes, people with common sense won't be there, in the early morning looking for a lover..

The news is the news.. Reporters report the news, good or bad.

And for Pattaya One News.. It has integrity!

They don't pick and chose to hold back on tourist beatings stories..

Those stories sells or at least keeps them in business..

So, to all you apologists for tourist!

It's never a tourist fault for getting a massive beating by Thai's!!

No matter what stupid and ignorant shit they do..

Almost, young buck...

But to clarify...

Just people with common sense - don't go beach road looking for ladyboys early in the morning.. Shit happens at that time..

And yes, people with common sense won't be there, in the early morning looking for a lover..

As a young buck (and thanks for the compliment!) I'm at a loss for words! I'll leave you to your world!

And what do we call the continual raids on night-clubs ? Not harassing tourists ?

With continual requests for passport / ID / visa docs ? Not harassing tourists ?

The system is going for the money via harassing tourists.

Does the UK, for example, harass its tourists like this ? I think not.

So the "Top Brass" wants the harassment of tourists to stop, yet are doing it themselves.

Thais no safety helmet on bikes, no problem, yet foreigners will for sure get a ticket.

And what do we call the continual raids on night-clubs ? Not harassing tourists ?

With continual requests for passport / ID / visa docs ? Not harassing tourists ?

So the "Top Brass" wants the harassment of tourists to stop, yet are doing it themselves.

Thais no safety helmet on bikes, no problem, yet foreigners will for sure get a ticket.

And what do we call continual nonsense such as the above? Not lying?

Almost, young buck...

But to clarify...

I am still confused. When I go on holidays to a place where they avidly PROMOTE tourism, VISIT THAILAND blah blah, I would feel like ESPECIALLY PATTAYA which is HEAVILY promoted as a Family Destination, that it is safe to walk the sandy beaches, look at the streets and cafes, enjoy the nightlife NO MATTER what bloody part of the scum hole you are in, and FEEL SAFE.

I do not ever see Thailand promoting itself as a CURFEW tourist destination.

So I would and will say, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR FANCY anyone should be able to walk and YES if there are ladyboys, then they should feel safe to walk among the ladyboys too, and if these people are such a problem DONT BLAME the tourists who are being asked and BEGGED to come here.

i think you are lost sir

And what do we call continual nonsense such as the above? Not lying?

What is nonsensical here? I think a valid argument and FACT is made here. Where in the UK USA AUSTRALIA and even bloody Russia do you get such harrassment?

NONE. Only here

THEY WANT US TO GO and so they shall have their wishes granted

you can stay - at your loss

Pattaya28 I think you hit it fair and square on the head.

Some people here are sun affected.

"Stop attacking tourists! Pattaya top brass and the "Care Bears" mean business"

Oooooo. "Mean business" this time do they? Well then!! Does this mean it's safe to play bridge again?

When the attacks & drive-by snatches actually STOP (!), and the LBs are NO LONGER free to grope tourists and perforate their skulls, THEN I'll be convinced. I recognize & acknowledge thai official expertise with the grand-sounding public announcement & cute photo-op. ...as well as their absolute meaninglessness.

Tourists love it

With all the warnings about Pattaya albeit

1) Involuntary flying lessons from balconies

2) The flasher Gold Chain run of death

3) The beach road Ladyboys Gauntlet

4) Walking Street ladyboy Groper thefts

5) Bar drinks laced with drugs

6) Beat to pulp if argue over bills

7) Battered senseless by 10 Thais if not agreeing to pay taxis overcharging you

If you can't take onboard these warnings you deserve your fate. This place is full of weirdos, perverts, murderers, psychopaths, trannys, queers, junkies, pickpockets and police bearing teddys as gifts !!!!

You've been WARNED !!!!!!

After 25 years travelling around Thailand including late night drinking in Bkk- pattaya- issan I find the above paranoid drivel and have to ask: have you ever been to Thailand? Can you imagine how a bunch of shirtless drunk foreigners would be treated in the UK if they mixed it with local toughs? How bad do you have to behave in Thailand to get in trouble? Very hard. I sometimes think TV Forum has been infiltrated by trolls who have never been here or even left their own hellish backyard.

Tourists love it

If you can't take onboard these warnings you deserve your fate. This place is full of weirdos, perverts, murderers, psychopaths, trannys, queers, junkies, pickpockets and police bearing teddys as gifts !!!!

After 25 years travelling around Thailand including late night drinking in Bkk- pattaya- issan I find the above paranoid drivel and have to ask: have you ever been to Thailand? Can you imagine how a bunch of shirtless drunk foreigners would be treated in the UK if they mixed it with local toughs? How bad do you have to behave in Thailand to get in trouble? Very hard. I sometimes think TV Forum has been infiltrated by trolls who have never been here or even left their own hellish backyard.

Seems to me you've got it altogether so why even comment when you have all the answers.

Having lived here for over 10 years think I may just have good experiences to share other than your heavy handed verbal attack that I personally find somewhat laughable. I came from Glasgow Govan Scotland mate. I can assure you I've seen a lot more than you think.

Next time think before you pen all your lurid thoughts, then batter the keys, for dear life. Backtrack and think about how all and sundry are laughing at you.

Lingering, bottled-up anger reveals the 'true colours' of an individual. But, on the contrary, becomes all mixed up, rotten, confused, then forms a highly combustible, innards and just explodes.

Just saying ...,,

Almost, young buck...

But to clarify...

I am still confused. When I go on holidays to a place where they avidly PROMOTE tourism, VISIT THAILAND blah blah, I would feel like ESPECIALLY PATTAYA which is HEAVILY promoted as a Family Destination, that it is safe to walk the sandy beaches, look at the streets and cafes, enjoy the nightlife NO MATTER what bloody part of the scum hole you are in, and FEEL SAFE.

I do not ever see Thailand promoting itself as a CURFEW tourist destination.

So I would and will say, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR FANCY anyone should be able to walk and YES if there are ladyboys, then they should feel safe to walk among the ladyboys too, and if these people are such a problem DONT BLAME the tourists who are being asked and BEGGED to come here.

i think you are lost sir

I wasn't asked or begged to come to Thailand.. I also recommend my family and friends to visit Thailand..

So, if you're a tourist and are afraid of things that can happen to you, on a vacation or holiday, then stay in the comfort of your happy place... What ever country that is..

You and others are living in a FantasyLand, if you think there is a place, that is worry and trouble free.

A Malaysia flight vanished and most everyone blamed both the airline and the country..

Yet, they still have passengers on their flights and tourist visiting their country..

My opinion.. Those that bash Thailand, have "insecurity" issues..

So, instead of dealing with their personal issues, they find every single reason to bash and complain about Thailand...

Or they're just a straight out wuss, and would never come to Thailand.. Or can't afford it?

Then you have the biggest losers of all!!

Those living in Thailand and the Wannabe..

Trying to make Thailand this lawless and dangerous place, only those with a death wish dare to live.. #Liars

There are single and married white women that visit Thailand.. "Alone!" With backpacks..

And mostly broke gay men are whining about "MALE" tourist being attacked by ladyboys on the beach..

Then their are the cheap bastards... That live here, and complain about not paying what poor Thai's do for certain things...

All Pathetic losers!!

Edited by D3030

Tourists love it

Seems to me you've got it altogether so why even comment when you have all the answers.

Having lived here for over 10 years think I may just have good experiences to share other than your heavy handed verbal attack that I personally find somewhat laughable. I came from Glasgow Govan Scotland mate. I can assure you I've seen a lot more than you think.

Next time think before you pen all your lurid thoughts, then batter the keys, for dear life. Backtrack and think about how all and sundry are laughing at you.

Lingering, bottled-up anger reveals the 'true colours' of an individual. But, on the contrary, becomes all mixed up, rotten, confused, then forms a highly combustible, innards and just explodes.

Just saying ...,,

In the past 10 years, will agree your warning list has "some" accurate info.. Not all, but got your message..

Nothing wrong with stating things that "COULD" - but most likely won't ever happen to a responsible tourist..

But for the ignorant tourist, no warning will help them..

Like the family from Wales as a prime example, don't assault the locals..

But, for sure.. Unfortunate things can happen to the responsible tourist as well..

That's life...The world we live in..

Tourists love it

Just saying ...,,

In the past 10 years, will agree your warning list has "some" accurate info.. Not all, but got your message..

Nothing wrong with stating things that "COULD" - but most likely won't ever happen to a responsible tourist..

But for the ignorant tourist, no warning will help them..

Like the family from Wales as a prime example, don't assault the locals..

But, for sure.. Unfortunate things can happen to the responsible tourist as well..

That's life...The world we live in..

Thanks for that and apologise for my retorts.

ScotBkk