Three-year old girl died of suffocation in a locked van

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to education ministry: require all who leave school to have ability to count to at least 15. Get hard, get tough... ignore those who plead "counting to 10 all that is needed". Show some backbone.

So far not a peep from General Dapong Ratanasuwan. What the heck is wrong with you, general? You are the minister for education - get ministering and act like you genuinely care for the kids under your jurisdiction - show you care and have sympathy for the people. You have the resources in terms of money and manpower - sort out this whole school bus thing - make the drivers realise what responsibility for kids means, and the schools as well - threaten, jail, axe - whatever. Force an attitude change here. Kids are precious.

I feel sick at the suffering this poor kid went through, very sad for the parents, and bloody angry at the minister's apparent disconcern.

Tragic, clearly neglient but still an accident.

A fine example of how quickly the police can lay charges against the not so wealthly but fail when a hiso is involved such as the merc driver, the actress who received forgiveness from the ghost, the red bull heir and the unlicenced bimbo who killed 9 and thought a few hours of community service was excessive and inconvenient.

completely IRRELEVANT this is irresponsible negligence of the very highest order when we can't trust those who take small children to school to COUNT them in and COUNT them out

very, very sad and the suffering must have been enormous and that little girl scared and ALONE

NO excuses, NO comparisons with red bull heir or anyone else

may she find peace

What kind of van doesn't allow you to go through from the back to the driver's seat and open the door? Most 3y olds seem adept at opening a car door, was this some sort of closed van and not the commuter type?

Unfortunately, she had probably fallen asleep on the back seat, in which case, the type of mechanism to open the door would be irrelevant.

This is a terrible occurrence, I'm sure it was an accident but one that should have been avoided by the use of a simple register, a little paperwork but against living with the knowledge that one was in some way responsible for a child's horrific demise it does not even come close, what a horrible way to perish - RIP little one

I am afraid that won't work in Thailand, it's not the "easy way" that everyone here takes. 99% of waiting staff never even write down your restaurant food order, and you have to accept being delivered the wrong meals most of the time. Expecting some of the fast and furious van-with-no-seatbelts drivers to check properly and keep registers is just a fantasy. My children will never be entrusted to them.

But how do u forget a child in a van when all the others get out? Why didn't the kid just got out too. Why didn't the other kids said their friend was there? I dont understand this situation...

Go to 7/11 at 9-10pm

3 years old+ kids that have school the next day are up and buying candy with mommy and daddy during the beer run

Those kids sleep 5-6hrs a night, they are zombies untill the next night candy run. My almost 3 year old can open her own car door and she would never fall asleep or stay contant sweating to death in a hot car without screaming her lungs out, but thats because she sleeps 8hrs MINIMUM a night. If id put her on the public school thai children time, she'd be a doll-zombie that parents love here.

This is mostly a lower-class problem, happens even in europe/north america's lower class areas.

Edited by bearpolar

This happens so often with these school vans, the drivers don't give a toss. What responsible parent would jeopardise the lives of their children and use these vans operated by incompetent morons

I am a responsible parent and my 12 year old son travels 65km each way to school. 5 of my neighbours children use the same school bus. Are you saying that none of us are responsible parents?

My son has been using school buses for 8 years now and there has never been a problem

Please don't generalise yet again. Have you any idea of the number of school vans in use every day. Yes, things like this do happen.

Now please tell me how many times it has happened in the last 5 years with links and not the usual "my friend said" story.

How many school children are transported every day to schools in vans like this? The easy and knee jerk way to fix it is of course to ban ALL vans like this. Then how do hundreds of thousands of school children get to school every day?

The majority of drivers are good and contentious but like the majority of people who drive in the world, some are not.

But how do u forget a child in a van when all the others get out? Why didn't the kid just got out too. Why didn't the other kids said their friend was there? I dont understand this situation...

Go to 7/11 at 9-10pm

3 years old+ kids that have school the next day are up and buying candy with mommy and daddy during the beer run

Those kids sleep 5-6hrs a night, they are zombies untill the next night candy run. My almost 3 year old can open her own car door and she would never fall asleep or stay contant sweating to death in a hot car without screaming her lungs out, but thats because she sleeps 8hrs MINIMUM a night. If id put her on the public school thai children time, she'd be a doll-zombie that parents love here.

This is mostly a lower-class problem, happens even in europe/north america's lower class areas.

I know all u write too. But it doesn't explain why none if the other kids couldn't be bothered to note one kid was still in the car. Thus is not a case where a parent forgets its baby in the car. Its a van full school kids. And 2 adults.

Go to 7/11 at 9-10pm

I know all u write too. But it doesn't explain why none if the other kids couldn't be bothered to note one kid was still in the car. Thus is not a case where a parent forgets its baby in the car. Its a van full school kids. And 2 adults.

all the other kids had slept 5-6hrs maximum. They were all zombies that only had a bit of rice and 2 piece of liver in their stomach.. can't use logic with th em.

Go to 7/11 at 9-10pm

all the other kids had slept 5-6hrs maximum. They were all zombies that only had a bit of rice and 2 piece of liver in their stomach.. can't use logic with th em.

And here I was thinking all these lower-class kids were full caffeine sodas and hyperkinetic dysfunctionals... No hope for the human race.

And in the USA we rightly try them for manslaughter.

Yes, the jailhouse nation. A poor example.

Unless your a scum lawyer or other teat sucker of the 'system'.

You must be so proud.

It's a matter of doing what is right by sending a profound message to those who are put in charge of children to help them grasp the seriousness of their responsibility. Here in LOS the driver will go into the monk hood for three days, a brown envelope will be presented to the parents and all will be forgiven. More kids will die. Thanks for being part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

How about a real solution instead of the obligatory reaction of 'jail time and more policemen'?

Years of prevention sessions given and posted on the country's national addiction-facebook.

Warning buzzers in every transportation van mandatory.

Of course, the list goes on. But your right, I'm part of the problem by not throwing everyone in jail.

One gets "charged" with manslaughter, not thrown in jail. Why jump to a childish extreme?

The facts of each case should come out in due process. It may be a pure accident or, as it seems in this case, negligence. The issue then becomes is it "criminal" negligence. Hence manslaughter. Many, in fact do get off, but each case needs to be seriously looked into, not overlooked.

R I P

Post two is quite graphic enough speaking as a father

I am very glad that I cant see the necessity or the validity of post four

SICK does not describe it for me

This non-father feels the same. sad.pngcrying.gif

The majority of drivers are good and contentious but like the majority of people who drive in the world, some are not.

I guess that's why on average about one person dies on Thai roads every 20 minutes the year round, never mind this insanity happens everywhere!!! The trouble with a lot of foreigners living here is that become almost as complacent as the general population. Thailand is consistently the 2nd worst in the word for traffic deaths, and given the under reporting highly likely to be the first. Much of it is down to downright laziness to follow the rules of the road and stupidity, as in the case with this child's death.

Edited by thai3

Not an accident this was manslaughter, he was just too idle to check and that killed her.

Perhaps braindead is a better word choice than idle. Way too many people trust their kids to unqualified strangers here. And of course many don't have any other choice.

Very very sad. What a waste of life.

How many kids drown in yard pools, are hit by drunk drivers as they wonder the roads, are beaten to death by deranged and psychopathic (step)fathers, abducted and raped by janitors, etc, etc, etc? Probably half of these deaths are not even reported or don't make national news. What are the numbers? Does anyone know?

Rest in peace little girl

Not an accident this was manslaughter, he was just too idle to check and that killed her.

And why did not the teacher investigate why the little girl was not in class ? If she had checked, the little one could well have been saved !