Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

What a good week for English footy. Celtic as well. Well maybe Merseaside not too happy.

Ok then, what about this w/e?

2-1 Huddersfield v Spurs
0-2 Stoke v Saints
2-0 Irons v Swans
2-0 WBA v Watford
1-2 Man U v Palace
1-1 Bournemouth v Leicester
2-1 Chelsea v Man city
4-0 Arsenal v Seaguls
4-0 Toffees v Burnley
2-1 Geordies v Liverpool

This week could see a few surprise results.

I do like the new Everton c/f Niasse. So much energy and enthusiasm. Reminds me of a Toffeeman way back. Move over Roon; new kid on the block!!

Biggest game for me (outside EPL) Ipswich T v Bristol C

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

What a good week for English footy. Celtic as well. Well maybe Merseaside not too happy.

2-1 Huddersfield v Spurs
0-2 Stoke v Saints
2-0 Irons v Swans
2-0 WBA v Watford
1-2 Man U v Palace
2-1 Chelsea v Man city
4-0 Arsenal v Seaguls
4-0 Toffees v Burnley
2-1 Geordies v Liverpool

I do like the new Everton c/f Niasse. So much energy and enthusiasm. Reminds me of a Toffeeman way back. Move over Roon; new kid on the block!!

OSA, 

You must be praying a lot for those results to come in. You sure that's correct. 

Huddersfield to do spurs 

Everton to hit four?

UTD to lose to palace at home? 

Your thinking euro hangover here then? 

Wonder about odds on them 5768/1?

Edited by Rc2702

29 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

@mrbojangles

@BangrakBob

I been a sheep this week and got nothing but baaah shiiit so is this 3rd time lucky OSA. Maybe worth just predicting them as wins not scores in my cof cof coupon.

I would like to know before I commit to this? What poison you on?

Owl's gone cuckoo

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

2-1 Huddersfield v Spurs
0-2 Stoke v Saints
2-0 Irons v Swans
2-0 WBA v Watford
1-2 Man U v Palace
2-1 Chelsea v Man city
4-0 Arsenal v Seaguls
4-0 Toffees v Burnley
2-1 Geordies v Liverpool

They eyes emoji was made for these predictions, are you Ronnie in disguise 

????????

have to say I love your bravado though, go for it lad ???

9 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

They eyes emoji was made for these predictions, are you Ronnie in disguise 

????????

have to say I love your bravado though, go for it lad ???

I think r2d2 has me on iggy the poor bastid.

Shame as I was gonna invite him along to the Liverpool game and let him buy me a few beers at the Green Man.

I'm all heart I am as ya know Bob. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Maybe worth just predicting them as wins not scores in my cof cof coupon.

OK then. Here goes with annotation.

Hudders to win. They are the better of the new EPL teams. Unlucky that they lost their c/f to injury; so they have had trouble scoring. But their game is very high pressing, high tempo and I reckon that will unsettle spurs.

Stoke are strange. Can beat Arsenal comfortably but get thrashed by Chelsea. Not sound at the back. Saints to win.

I think the come back against Spurs in the last home game will rub off on the team. Swansea will be in deep poo poo in 30 games time. Irons win. 

WBA win. Both these teams are unpredictable. But it's time for a decent WBA result.

Palace win! Palace are a lot better than thier record breaking start suggests. They have one of the best managers in the business in Woy. United to have 75% posession and 20 attempts against CP's 4/5. United to get done by two breakaway goals. Loftus-Cheek for the England X1. You should have kept him Chelsea. Class act! 

Bournemouth v Leicester. Draw all day long.

Chelsea win. Last week I put my predictions on City's forum. I had them down to win 4-0. Got that wrong. This week it's on the Chelsea thread cause I have them down to win and city to lose. Morata is the man to break City's hearts with a double.

Easy Arsenal win. The most improving team in the EPL. The Liverpool thrashing was just what they needed to buck up.

Everton to score 4 and win. Sounds flying pigs I know but they have a new kid at c/f and Roon knows it. He will be out to show he is not going downhill too fast. Anyway that blood letting will do him good.

Georgies win. I'll keep away from any posting on the Liverpool thread until after the game when I can say "told you." But why do I go for a home win? On paper the reds look invincible; Mane back, Courtinho happy, Salah on fire. All true, but Newcastle have a shrewd manager and he will ensure that the Liverpool superstars do not get one second on the ball. Matt Ritchie is the man this w/e.

So there we have it Guys. Last week 6 results with NO correct scores. This w/e all results correct with 10 perfect score predictions.

PS. Keep your money in your pocket Rc!! Unless you fancy a 10,000,000-2-1 Acc' (in that case 100 squids should do nicely.)

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

"Palace win! Palace are a lot better than thier record breaking start suggests. They have one of the best managers in the business in Woy. United to have 75% posession and 20 attempts against CP's 4/5. United to get done by two breakaway goals. Loftus-Cheek for the England X1. You should have kept him Chelsea. Class act!"

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Oh...and RLC is injured.

• Like 2

Just now, wilai said:

"Palace win! Palace are a lot better than thier record breaking start suggests. They have one of the best managers in the business in Woy. United to have 75% posession and 20 attempts against CP's 4/5. United to get done by two breakaway goals. Loftus-Cheek for the England X1. You should have kept him Chelsea. Class act!"

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Oh...and RLC is injured.

Lovely blue font and those cute little cartoon men (have to find out how to do that) but is there anything in my predictions that you don't agree with?

RLC is out for a couple of weeks with a thigh injury. I had to change one of my FF teams because of that. If you can't see that he is a class act then you need new glasses. Here,, try mine!

Edited by owl sees all

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Owl if Huddersfield play that game it will be highly entertaining....far better that for the fans than a dismal attempt to win a point!

Overall, Huddersfield deserve to be where they are. Againts Saints and Leicester they were the better team and both matches were positive in the stats camp.

Unfortunate that their main man Mounie is out and unlike the bigger squads do not have a ready-made replacement.

The club have a real tough run of fixtures coming up; starting today. This game will be a real test for them but I have them down for a win; I'll stick with that.

20 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Lovely blue font and those cute little cartoon men (have to find out how to do that) but is there anything in my predictions that you don't agree with?

RLC is out for a couple of weeks with a thigh injury. I had to change one of my FF teams because of that. If you can't see that he is a class act then you need new glasses. Here,, try mine!

Check the underline:whistling:....And if, as you now admit, you knew RLC was injured, why mention him in connection with the Man U game...and indeed an England XI for which he hasn't been selected. Don't need your glasses...but wouldn't mind some of your imagination:thumbsup:

PS:they are called emoticons...easy to find and add.:coffee1:

Edited by wilai

Just now, wilai said:

Check the underline:whistling:....And if, as you now admit, you knew RLC was injured, why mention him in connection with the Man U game...and indeed an England XI for which he hasn't been selected. Don't need your glasses...but wouldn't mind some of your imagination:thumbsup:

I like the lad. I think that he didn't get to play as much with the blues that he should have. Good on the ball. Hard to shake off the ball. Good passer. Should be in the England squad; in my view.

If I may return to an earlier post; are there any predictions that you don't go along with?

Edited by owl sees all

Just now, wilai said:

Only about 8 of them:sorry:

Good!!

If it was easy to pick the results we would all be millionaires. Last week I did say that there "would be no shocks." This week I think differently. Shocks all round (although the Geordies will not think it a shock to beat 'pool).

It's just so easy to pick the favourites every week.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content
  • Like 1

Just now, oldgit said:

Bit of a 'hoot' with some of your selections Owl, but it's certainly got the natives restless.

Very droll. An attempt at word play, humour even; Like it!!!! More of the same please.

But let's talk about the footy. One respected poster in particular doesn't agree with 8 of my selections. I think that one, for sure, that he is not in agreement with is Man U to lose at home to Palace. If Man U manage to sneak a goal through a dubious penalty in injury time and get a draw; then I'll be wrong. And I'll say so.  I've been wrong before. Not often I grant you.

No!! Palace to win. Woy (and R L-C) for England.

Edited by owl sees all

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Very droll. An attempt at word play, humour even; Like it!!!! More of the same please.

But let's talk about the footy. One respected poster in particular doesn't agree with 8 of my selections. I think that one, for sure, that he is not in agreement with is Man U to lose at home to Palace. If Man U manage to sneak a goal through a dubious penalty in injury time and get a draw; then I'll be wrong. And I'll say so.  I've been wrong before. Not often I grant you.

No!! Palace to win. Woy (and R L-C) for England.

I agree that Palace put up a spirited performance against City, up until about the second goal went in, then their heads dropped. I could be woefully wrong, but I don't think Palace will roll over this time, and it's about time they scored a goal! Scott Dann isn't a Premier League class defender, so he's the weak link in defence. Benteke's been lifeless so far, so he won't be missed but Loftus - Cheek will because he's been lively. Can't see Palace snatching a win here but it could be a while before United break them down.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Good!!

If it was easy to pick the results we would all be millionaires. Last week I did say that there "would be no shocks." This week I think differently. Shocks all round (although the Geordies will not think it a shock to beat 'pool).

It's just so easy to pick the favourites every week.

Yes, if it was that easy, we'd all be loaded and the bookmakers would be skint!

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

I agree that Palace put up a spirited performance against City, up until about the second goal went in, then their heads dropped. I could be woefully wrong, but I don't think Palace will roll over this time, and it's about time they scored a goal! Scott Dann isn't a Premier League class defender, so he's the weak link in defence. Benteke's been lifeless so far, so he won't be missed but Loftus - Cheek will because he's been lively. Can't see Palace snatching a win here but it could be a while before United break them down.

You've got united as a 4-0 banker I bet ?