Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I'm starting to think that this hamstring injury is trumped up nonsense.

Mourinho is a lot of things but he's no fool, so why would you play a guy tonight with Arsenal up at the weekend when he can't train properly and has an iffy hamstring.

Sounds like Mourinho mind games to me.

Yeah likewise.

The only match he has missed was Bolton, yet he can't even train and is banging them in for fun.....hamstring my arse

I'm starting to think that this hamstring injury is trumped up nonsense.

Mourinho is a lot of things but he's no fool, so why would you play a guy tonight with Arsenal up at the weekend when he can't train properly and has an iffy hamstring.

Sounds like Mourinho mind games to me.

Yeah likewise.

The only match he has missed was Bolton, yet he can't even train and is banging them in for fun.....hamstring my arse

I think he missed the Schalke game Bob.

If memory serves we played Drogba.

Just checked. Costa came on for Drogba at 74 mins.

Brought on Remy as well at the same time.

Obviously wanted a win that Drogba couldn't give us.

Dunno.

Edited by P45Mustang

Kevin Kilbane

BBC Radio 5 live

Sporting 0-1 Chelsea

"If Diego Costa has a hamstring problem, I would love to see him when he's 100% fit.

"He's just got an incredible turn of pace."

One does begin to wonder.

smile.png

Edited by P45Mustang

You know something...I reckon if we are OK and get out of the group stage of the CL we might be better off NOT meeting a Prem team in the knockout phase.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Cheers

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Anyway, we're not there yet but it's looking decidedly iffy for City and Liverpool. Arsenal should scrape through to the next phase. Expect a tough game on Sunday with Ozil now hitting form.

• Like 1

You know something...I reckon if we are OK and get out of the group stage of the CL we might be better off NOT meeting a Prem team in the knockout phase.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Cheers

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Anyway, we're not there yet but it's looking decidedly iffy for City and Liverpool. Arsenal should scrape through to the next phase. Expect a tough game on Sunday with Ozil now hitting form.

Yep.

thumbsup.gif

Mourinho has a problem to solve in the full back department this Sunday. Now that Felipe Luiz has had his first full game in a Chelsea shirt and is a proper left back which, in turn, gives licence for Azpilicueta to operate in his natural right back position, where does that leave Ivanovic?

Even though Ivanovic isn't as quick in the tackle as the other two, especially on the edge of our own area, where he's got this annoying habit of sticking his hands behind his back and dangling a half hearted leg in the general direction of where he hopes the ball will be delivered, he is vital in Mourinho's attacking strategy. That is, to outjump the normally diminutive opposition full back from a Coutois clearance, and nod on to Oscar or Schurrle to set up an attack. He's also a constant menace in the opposing penalty area. In this role, he doesn't have to race back to defend as he's got the excellent Matic and Willian to cover for him. So, does Mourinho change it or continue with a winning formula? I think we'll still see Felipe Luiz on the bench and the continuation of the 'tried and trusted' line up.

• Like 2

Mourinho has a problem to solve in the full back department this Sunday. Now that Felipe Luiz has had his first full game in a Chelsea shirt and is a proper left back which, in turn, gives licence for Azpilicueta to operate in his natural right back position, where does that leave Ivanovic?

Even though Ivanovic isn't as quick in the tackle as the other two, especially on the edge of our own area, where he's got this annoying habit of sticking his hands behind his back and dangling a half hearted leg in the general direction of where he hopes the ball will be delivered, he is vital in Mourinho's attacking strategy. That is, to outjump the normally diminutive opposition full back from a Coutois clearance, and nod on to Oscar or Schurrle to set up an attack. He's also a constant menace in the opposing penalty area. In this role, he doesn't have to race back to defend as he's got the excellent Matic and Willian to cover for him. So, does Mourinho change it or continue with a winning formula? I think we'll still see Felipe Luiz on the bench and the continuation of the 'tried and trusted' line up.

I think you are right oldgit.

Ivanovic this season has been red hot. Maybe because of increasing competition.

I read yesterday that in all Prem games played by Chelsea so far this season, the percentage of time Dave Azpul and Ivanovic have spent in the opposing half is 55%.

Only 45% in our defensive half.

The game is evolving. Confident Mourinho knows what he's doing.

thumbsup.gif

Last season's team that beat Arsenal 6 nil at the Bridge.

• 01 Cech
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 28 Azpilicueta
  • 21 Matic
  • 24 Cahill
  • 26 Terry
  • 14 Schürrle
  • 04 David Luiz (Mikel - 72' )
  • 29 Eto'o (Torres - 10' )
  • 11 Oscar (Salah - 67' )
  • 17 Hazard

Fabregas and Costa replace Luiz and Eto'o.

Willian in place of Schurrle to start probably.

Arsenal have injuries. Flamini in, no Arteta. Danger men? Welbek, Ox, Sanchez, Ozil. Welbek and Sanchez scored 4 against Galatasaray, but the opposition were piss poor.

If it's not going our way, Mourinho can switch things. e.g. if Ox is giving us trouble down the left v Ivanovic we have options. Move Azpul right and bring Luis on LB.

If we get ahead it will be interesting.

If we go behind it will be interesting.

Boring, boring Chelsea.

thumbsup.gif

But I bet you the little geezer Willian will be all over the park.

Agreed,i can,t see Jose making changes to his untouchable 9. though personally i do think that Azpillicueta is a better left back than he is right.

Big game for Fabregas (mentally)

• Like 1

Fair chance Fab could be devastating.

thumbsup.gif

Anything apart from absolute top drawer, he's going to look a fkcing berk, isn't he.

Fab and Willian to shine tomorrow imho.

Other geezers, all classy.

Courtois. Best GK in the Prem.

Mourinho? No never mind. Quite happy losing to Wenger.