Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Well played yesterday, best I have seen you for a long time.

Best I have seen us play for a long time too. Chelsea Liverpool games on the whole are my favourites in the epl, always tense affairs with a dose of controversy thrown in.

After my criticism of Hazard of late, he seems to be making advances in his consistency and looks a constant threat. Happy to see Luiz in the midfield, was it him or a coincidence that we were much quicker in attack yesterday??

Still though, we do seem to ease up when we have a slender lead. Not a good idea for me.

Best I have seen us play for a long time too. Chelsea Liverpool games on the whole are my favourites in the epl, always tense affairs with a dose of controversy thrown in.

After my criticism of Hazard of late, he seems to be making advances in his consistency and looks a constant threat. Happy to see Luiz in the midfield, was it him or a coincidence that we were much quicker in attack yesterday??

Still though, we do seem to ease up when we have a slender lead. Not a good idea for me.

Yes,I agree. Luiz certainly added that dynamism in midfield which we've lacked in some games. Mind you,when Mourinho played him alongside Terry against Palace,I think,he seemed to show a lot more enthusiasm for the job in hand. He seemed fitter somehow. What I liked most of all though,was our closing down of the opposition. Not hovering around two yards off the player but right on top of him. Oscar,especially,has added this to his game and is beginning to impress again. Thank gawd Ivanovic had to go off as Mourinho was forced to play Azpilicueta in his best position and bring in Cole at left back. Hazard was superb. Houdini wouldn't have got out of some of the tight situations that he found himself in but Hazard found a way. A word of advice to Eto'o. When you decide to track back,stay outside the penalty area because you nearly cost us the game.

Yes,I agree. Luiz certainly added that dynamism in midfield which we've lacked in some games. Mind you,when Mourinho played him alongside Terry against Palace,I think,he seemed to show a lot more enthusiasm for the job in hand. He seemed fitter somehow. What I liked most of all though,was our closing down of the opposition. Not hovering around two yards off the player but right on top of him. Oscar,especially,has added this to his game and is beginning to impress again. Thank gawd Ivanovic had to go off as Mourinho was forced to play Azpilicueta in his best position and bring in Cole at left back. Hazard was superb. Houdini wouldn't have got out of some of the tight situations that he found himself in but Hazard found a way. A word of advice to Eto'o. When you decide to track back,stay outside the penalty area because you nearly cost us the game.

Superb first half..... I like you Og was also glad too see Ivanovich go off and Dave return to his natural position at RB. I am probably Franks biggest critic ,but i thought he had a good first half and Wiliam is also looking the part.

Southampton won,t be no pushover tomorrow,having lost 3 out of 6 and only winning 1 game since we last played them........but i do have a feeling they are running on empty and a high tempo game by us should see us home...........i hope.wai2.gif

Happy New Year to all you Blues fans.................".where ever you may be" thumbsup.gif

Superb first half..... I like you Og was also glad too see Ivanovich go off and Dave return to his natural position at RB. I am probably Franks biggest critic ,but i thought he had a good first half and Wiliam is also looking the part.

Southampton won,t be no pushover tomorrow,having lost 3 out of 6 and only winning 1 game since we last played them........but i do have a feeling they are running on empty and a high tempo game by us should see us home...........i hope.wai2.gif

Happy New Year to all you Blues fans.................".where ever you may be" thumbsup.gif

Greetings reciprocated Mad Dog! I thought Lampard kept up with the pace of the game quite well. Willian? He's impressing me more every time I see him play. Quick feet and a brain to match. Is it any coincidence that the two best 'strikers' in the League aren't a pair of tree trunks but diminutive nippy,little buggers that are constantly on the move? The 'big fella at the back stick' type of striker is a thing of the past. Bring in Schurrle to play all the remaining fixtures,is my advice to the Happy One and leave Torres,Eto'o and Ba to stew on the bench.

Jose.what a hypocritical cock

........what has he done now?? I think you should change your name to BaitingBangrakBob. :-)

Another good performance from Chelsea. Oscar was fantastic after his brainfart with his one on one with the keeper. Willian is looking better every game, eh Spuds?

The game changed after Mata and Shirley went off and I'm happy in a way that Mata looked peed off. Hopefully he will stay at Chelsea and fight for his place as I think he still has so much to give and when we get to the business end of the season we will need all the players we have.

I hope the team stay focused as Hull could be a potential banana skin due to complacency. Overall good stuff. :-)

........what has he done now?? I think you should change your name to BaitingBangrakBob. :-)

I thought it quite obvious mjj, the lambasting of Suarez for Sunday's "swimming pool jump" but says Oscar's ridiculous dive yesterday was a "clear penalty" w00t.gif

Are you reading the comics again Bob?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25571652

Mourinho said Oscar deserved a yellow!

"I am happy with the decision but I think that Oscar is a clean boy. He’s waiting for the contact from the goalkeeper, and [if it arrives] it is a penalty, a red card, and [maybe] a goal. The game is then in our pocket.

It was a good decision from referee Martin Atkinson, it should happen more in this country. That type of thing happens every week and yellows should be given. Not in Oscar’s case though, he is normally a very fair boy."

So Suarez is dirty diving scum but Oscar is a very clean boy and was only diving in hope that the keeper would make contact. So really if the goalkeeper had have made contact then it was a good dive?? w00t.gif Bullsh*ting hypocrite

Edited by BangrakBob

Or....

"It was deserved - a good yellow card from [referee] Martin Atkinson. Oscar is a clean player who was waiting for the goalkeeper to smash him," he said.

"The goalkeeper was coming then stopped so in the end Oscar is trying to touch the goalkeeper instead of the goalkeeper smashing him.

"It was a fair yellow card but I also accept Oscar's explanation to me. When he saw the goalkeeper coming he is thinking 'penalty and red card' but the goalkeeper has a lot of experience and stopped.

Another good performance from Chelsea. Oscar was fantastic after his brainfart with his one on one with the keeper. Willian is looking better every game, eh Spuds?

The game changed after Mata and Shirley went off and I'm happy in a way that Mata looked peed off. Hopefully he will stay at Chelsea and fight for his place as I think he still has so much to give and when we get to the business end of the season we will need all the players we have.

I hope the team stay focused as Hull could be a potential banana skin due to complacency. Overall good stuff. :-)

Schurrle had a game to forget. He was of the pace and seemed low on confidence. Mata played OK but the problem he's got is that Willian passes the ball as well as he does,is quicker and two footed. When you are given a chance in this squad,you've got to hit the ground running,especially in midfield.

Willian is playing well from the little i have seen. However, whats the point mate because landing Eriksen for 12m after being gazumped by Chelsea by your 30m bid seems like we we are really smelling of roses.

Delighted Willian's playing well but i'll stick with Eriksen. Time will tell which one adapts best to this league.

Looks like Mata might be off if you are offered 30m from abroad

The case of Mata is a strange one. He was without doubt our best player the previous 2 seasons, but this season he is going through a lull. I hope he stays and rekindles his form. Like you say Carmine, I don't think he will be sold in to another epl team.

Bet he wishes he had kept his mouth shut about Suarez now....two games, two bookings for simulation

Mourinho insisting in press conference he was right to say Chelsea have no divers. Ramires and Oscar "isolated incidents"

• Like 1

Job done.................good performance by Willian yet again and Oscar..........Cahill solid at the back.

Looking a bit more solid and positive as a team no matter who plays........long may it continue smile.png

We needed to be 'up' for this game and you could see from the first minute that we were. It was a very entertaining game played at a ferocious pace. Whoever is Chelsea's fitness coach is doing a grand job. Derby look like a club heading for the Premier League with some talented players in the side.

Judging by this report,it looks like United will have a hell of a job tying down Rooney. With our array of talent in the midfield area,Rooney,if he comes and it looks increasingly likely that he will,need not worry about being played out of position.

Another Guardian report,which interested me more,was on the treatment of Victor Moses at Liverpool and the ramifications of a loan or permanent move for Ryan Bertrand to the same club. On the Moses issue,Chelsea advised him to go to Liverpool,rather than a host of other clubs,as he would get more playing time there. That hasn't been the case and Chelsea are annoyed with Rodgers for not using him more. Well, I don't know if anybody else noticed Moses' body language when the loan move was confirmed but,my impression was that he did not want to be there. His failure to hold down a place is entirely at his door and not Liverpool's fault.

With regard to Bertrand,I cannot,for the life of me,understand why he's surplus to requirements. There's talk of selling him to raise the capital for a bid for Luke Shaw. I know Shaw is the flavour of the month and people are waxing lyrical about him but,what Mourinho needs to remember is that Bertrand is a Champions League winner and was asked to play in the final,out of position at left sided midfield. In that game he was brilliant keeping Robben quiet and was the buffer between him and Cole. Secondly,he's been injured and needs playing time which,in turn,will bring confidence. He's quick (about 30 mph quicker than Cole) and direct and is a product of our youth system,so is Chelsea down to his toenails.

Judging by this report,it looks like United will have a hell of a job tying down Rooney. With our array of talent in the midfield area,Rooney,if he comes and it looks increasingly likely that he will,need not worry about being played out of position.

Another Guardian report,which interested me more,was on the treatment of Victor Moses at Liverpool and the ramifications of a loan or permanent move for Ryan Bertrand to the same club. On the Moses issue,Chelsea advised him to go to Liverpool,rather than a host of other clubs,as he would get more playing time there. That hasn't been the case and Chelsea are annoyed with Rodgers for not using him more. Well, I don't know if anybody else noticed Moses' body language when the loan move was confirmed but,my impression was that he did not want to be there. His failure to hold down a place is entirely at his door and not Liverpool's fault.

With regard to Bertrand,I cannot,for the life of me,understand why he's surplus to requirements. There's talk of selling him to raise the capital for a bid for Luke Shaw. I know Shaw is the flavour of the month and people are waxing lyrical about him but,what Mourinho needs to remember is that Bertrand is a Champions League winner and was asked to play in the final,out of position at left sided midfield. In that game he was brilliant keeping Robben quiet and was the buffer between him and Cole. Secondly,he's been injured and needs playing time which,in turn,will bring confidence. He's quick (about 30 mph quicker than Cole) and direct and is a product of our youth system,so is Chelsea down to his toenails.

i think it's just a case of him not being good enough for a top 4 team !

Edited by alfieconn

Moses came from a club where he was the main man into an environment where there are loads of players who think they're the <deleted>. He can cope by believing in his own ability,which he undoubtedly has (At Wigan,he regularly took the piss out of opposing defenders),or withdraw into himself. There have been times at Chelsea when he has been great but those have been few and far between. As with all players,it's down to confidence and maintaining that with playing time. As far as the Liverpool loan move,I haven't seen that much of him but my first impression is that he hasn't lifted a leg there.

• Like 1

Moses came from a club where he was the main man into an environment where there are loads of players who think they're the <deleted>. He can cope by believing in his own ability,which he undoubtedly has (At Wigan,he regularly took the piss out of opposing defenders),or withdraw into himself. There have been times at Chelsea when he has been great but those have been few and far between. As with all players,it's down to confidence and maintaining that with playing time. As far as the Liverpool loan move,I haven't seen that much of him but my first impression is that he hasn't lifted a leg there.

he's been massively disappointing and is on the point now of really pissing the fans off through basic lack of effort. some loan moves work because the player's attitude is right and they work their balls off. this isn't one of them. moses hasn't really looked remotely arsed since minute one, sadly.

• Like 1

Onwards and Upwards........good team performance.....solid in midfield and at the back.....chech nothing to do what- so- ever (thank goodness) Torres worked hard,closing down etc etc and fully deserved his goal. Keep it up boys!

A most unsettling turn of events.facepalm.gif

Rumours from rubbish sources are suggesting that Matic will be a Chelsea player on Tuesday. Apparently he is refusing to play today against Porto to push through the deal.

We sold him for peanuts and are now buying him back for around £30m. Doh!

........and Matic is starting today...5555

Nemanja Matic will undergo a medical with Chelsea ahead of a proposed £21m return to the club.

The 25-year-old Benfica midfielder arrived in London from Lisbon on Tuesday night.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25743128

Do you think this could mean that David Luiz might go to Barcelona as rumoured?