Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Congratulation to Leti. I guess we need a bigger bus. ;-)

Still, not all doom and gloom, we have improved this season. Semis in the CL and closer in the epl is not a bad return...................but I do prefer the shiny things.

More importantly with people's opinion of Costa taking a downward turn, who can we get as a striker?

Although I can't see it happening, Courtois should probably be our keeper next season.

Reckon we need a Drogba.

Whose about?

Transfer window is going to be very interesting.

Oscar didn't get a game. Jose earlier in the season said he was building the team round him. blink.png

I'd settle for Balotelli up front. w00t.gif

As for all this same old same old baiting and gloating, very pleased to see we aren't seeing our bus bashed in by UNITED and CITY fans.

For the benefit of carmine, Mourinho has delivered on his contractual requirement of TOP 4. thumbsup.gif

NEXT SEASON WE RACE.

SOLID DEFENCE, CREATIVE MIDFIELD, POTENT ATTACK.

Bullet proof BLUE Ferrari. MOU 1.

biggrin.png

I think Simeone is the main reason his players play as they do. They are a tough bunch who reflect their manager's personality. Much the same could be said about the Chelsea players (at least some of the time) and I don't mean that in an unflattering way.

Its not easy to play balls to the wall through an entire season, but AM and Simeone have accomplished it, with only limited fanfare. Greasy Snidely Whiplash deserves a lot of credit.wink.png

Funny how the wheel turns. Spanish football was taking it on the chin after Barca was demolished by Bayern last year, and then in the blink of an eye two Spanish teams will be contending for the CL trophy. As usual, the pundits know squat from nothing.

• Like 2

Well Jose, after 6 defeats in 8 Champs League Semis, I guess you should know. In future Ferme la bouche

Bmf2vtNCEAAM9Vb.jpg

Yes indeed, a lesson in the benefits of buttoning it......i doubt he'll learn but maybe at least he might stop making unpleasant, in appropriate comments about his fellow managers. actually it looks like he could also learn a lot from the younger inexperienced Diego Simeone who really did a number on him last night.

Athletico could have had me as coach and they still would have won. They were the better team and deserved the win.

A silly comment from the ordinarily reliable Old Git. Can't see how Simeone's performance can be discredited.coffee1.gif

Chelsea's defense just made too many mistakes against this quality of opponent.

Remember back to Anfield not so long ago and the Chelsea defense sat deep and only conceded seven fouls the entire match. i didn't like it but it certainly was clinical and incredibly well done. Last night they were not clinical, Terry and Cole failing to clear and E'to giving away the penalty.

yep hazard twice lost his marker at the back post and <deleted>!!! 2 strikers after 55 ish mins, TOO EARLY EFECTIVELY gave madrid space and opened the game out only one winner from then on.Wouldnt be surprised.if that was coles last game 4 the chavs, offers nothing on the break and little.in defence.

• Like 1

Yep.

Maybe 2 EPL teams in the CL final next year?

Again. thumbsup.gif

Nah, no chance, well definitely not unless theres considerable regression on the spanish sides and the germans

Disagree. Some chance.

EPL progression led by City, Liverpool and you know Mou.

UNITED are a couple of seasons away.

Happy if Guardiola turns up at OT.

thumbsup.gif

got to give praise where praise is due Jamie carragher, earlier in the season , was f--- cing irratating , buts settled right in and gives excellent intelligent comment now. so muchmore astute than owen on bt , who frankly, 4 me is constantly one obvi'se boring clique away from the mute button , shame u cant just mute individual pundits!!

Remember back to Anfield not so long ago and the Chelsea defense sat deep and only conceded seven fouls the entire match. i didn't like it but it certainly was clinical and incredibly well done. Last night they were not clinical, Terry and Cole failing to clear and E'to giving away the penalty.

yep hazard twice lost his marker at the back post and <deleted>!!! 2 strikers after 55 ish mins, TOO EARLY EFECTIVELY gave madrid space and opened the game out only one winner from then on.Wouldnt be surprised.if that was coles last game 4 the chavs, offers nothing on the break and little.in defence.

Nailed by rijit imho.

thumbsup.gif

(Azpul on the right, Hazard on the left worked fine early part of the game it seemed.)

Funny how the wheel turns. Spanish football was taking it on the chin after Barca was demolished by Bayern last year, and then in the blink of an eye two Spanish teams will be contending for the CL trophy. As usual, the pundits know squat from nothing.

Was thinking along the same sorts of lines hearing today talk of the demise of the Premiership, just cos no Premier League team made it to the final this year.

Yep.

Again. thumbsup.gif

Nah, no chance, well definitely not unless theres considerable regression on the spanish sides and the germans

Disagree. Some chance.

thumbsup.gif

Oh theres always a chance but realistically you will have to wait till after the summer transfer window has closed. For example, i'd be surprised if there wasn't a hefty bid thrown in foe Suarez. Who so and he left how would that impact on Liverpool? They've also been out of the CL for a while and need time to settle into this higher level of football. Arsenal will be the usual waste of space in the CL and as flat track bullies will fade away when the business end of the season starts, United are as you say a long long way off and then theres City and Chelsea. As usual chelsea will hemorrhage cash (morning Keith) but then ofcourse the players have to settle. Will they settle in time for Chelsea to step up a gear at CL level?

City look best equipped right now but then presumably you are relying on the european power houses and Athletico to weaken. I can't see that really.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Well Jose, after 6 defeats in 8 Champs League Semis, I guess you should know. In future Ferme la bouche

Bmf2vtNCEAAM9Vb.jpg

Yes indeed, a lesson in the benefits of buttoning it......i doubt he'll learn but maybe at least he might stop making unpleasant, in appropriate comments about his fellow managers. actually it looks like he could also learn a lot from the younger inexperienced Diego Simeone who really did a number on him last night.

Athletico could have had me as coach and they still would have won. They were the better team and deserved the win.

A silly comment from the ordinarily reliable Old Git. Can't see how Simeone's performance can be discredited.coffee1.gif

Certainty for Hodgson's squad then. biggrin.png

• Like 1

got to give praise where praise is due Jamie carragher, earlier in the season , was f--- cing irratating , buts settled right in and gives excellent intelligent comment now. so muchmore astute than owen on bt , who frankly, 4 me is constantly one obvi'se boring clique away from the mute button , shame u cant just mute individual pundits!!

If he could lose that whiny scouse accent it would be a big plus.

I did used to enjoy Thai television commentators pronounce 'Blackburn Rovers' and 'Robbie Keane' though.

Yep.

Again. thumbsup.gif

Disagree. Some chance.

thumbsup.gif

Oh theres always a chance but realistically you will have to wait till after the summer transfer window has closed. For example, i'd be surprised if there wasn't a hefty bid thrown in foe Suarez. Who so and he left how would that impact on Liverpool? They've also been out of the CL for a while and need time to settle into this higher level of football. Arsenal will be the usual waste of space in the CL and as flat track bullies will fade away when the business end of the season starts, United are as you say a long long way off and then theres City and Chelsea. As usual chelsea will hemorrhage cash (morning Keith) but then ofcourse the players have to settle. Will they settle in time for Chelsea to step up a gear at CL level?

City look best equipped right now but then presumably you are relying on the european power houses and Athletico to weaken. I can't see that really.

But they still got knocked out in the group stage. facepalm.gif

Next season, maybe.

smile.png

Yes but they had a very difficult group compared to the other English sides, and a new coach just finding his feet with his new squad so i think thats a bit harsh. Cardiff could have qualified out of Man Utd's groupsmile.png

• Like 1

Yes but they had a very difficult group compared to the other English sides, and a new coach just finding his feet with his new squad so i think thats a bit harsh. Cardiff could have qualified out of Man Utd's groupsmile.png

cheesy.gif

I for probably for the very first time in my life,was not that dissapointed by that defeat.

1st half i thought we just had the edge,concedeing that sloppy goal was imho just a blip.

2nd half Atm were at us straight away and we just lost all shape and discipline,very poor indeed. Our on loan keeper was very impressive, Torres ta ta mate follow your heart.....Dave great performance as usual..Cahill not his best game.and Ivanovich just looks awkward at Rb to me.

Well done Atmclap2.gif

• Like 1

I for probably for the very first time in my life,was not that dissapointed by that defeat.

1st half i thought we just had the edge,concedeing that sloppy goal was imho just a blip.

2nd half Atm were at us straight away and we just lost all shape and discipline,very poor indeed. Our on loan keeper was very impressive, Torres ta ta mate follow your heart.....Dave great performance as usual..Cahill not his best game.and Ivanovich just looks awkward at Rb to me.

Well done Atmclap2.gif

Respect Keith. Its no shame to lose to that lot, they're a very good side.

Well done Atmclap2.gif

Respect Keith. Its no shame to lose to that lot, they're a very good side.

Especially if your defending is abysmal.

Christ. He's as mad as Mourinho.

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone praised his players' mothers for nurturing a winning mentality after reaching the Champions League final.

The Spanish side came from behind to beat Chelsea 3-1, setting up a clash with city rivals Real Madrid on 24 May.

"I want to thank the mothers of these players because they gave birth to them with balls this big," said Simeone, gesturing as if holding a football. "The reaction of the team will stick in people's memories."

biggrin.png

Yeah as i was typing I must admit 2 b sort of thinking the same, but I quite like the accent its just it's nasel delivery that turns it into almost a ratty like whine!!!! Sort it out sky.

Truphone are announced as the new sponsors of Vitesse Arnhem. Guess who owns the company sponsoring Chavski's "alleged" feeder club?

Yep. A certain Roman Abramovich. Uefa need to get a grip on this shit!

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has links with Vitesse Arnhem's Alexander Chigrinsky thumbsup.gif

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26847853

In China it's called Guanxi.

You would probably call it Russian Mafia.

UEFA can call it what they wish.

My Dad got his plane shot up over Arnhem fighting the Germans.

I'm looking for a Palace win this weekend.

w00t.gif

Or Guardiola? w00t.gif

And Guardiola can win it how?

Are you being deliberately perverse.

Abramovich has the money to buy Guardiola IF he decides to terminate Mourinho's 4 YEAR contract.

Chelsea bashers continue to question the relationship between Abramovich and Mourinho.

I'm tired of it.

coffee1.gif

Yeah as i was typing I must admit 2 b sort of thinking the same, but I quite like the accent its just it's nasel delivery that turns it into almost a ratty like whine!!!! Sort it out sky.

If Carragher slips up, they could bring in Gerrard.wink.png

Always have a back up plan I say.

biggrin.png